Housebuye

What we learned at Dogu

4 hours ago, misterc said:

I don't think Green has been the same since the weigh ins changed. 

I think this goes double for Burroughs, actually.  I think there is a reason he won a squeaker against Salkazanov and then blew out Gor, who is better, and I think it has a whole lot more to do with the cut than anything else.

Just now, GoNotQuietly said:

I think this goes double for Burroughs, actually.  I think there is a reason he won a squeaker against Salkazanov and then blew out Gor, who is better, and I think it has a whole lot more to do with the cut than anything else.

I wouldn't disagree with that.  2017 World Champ JB looked phenomenal compared to 2018 JB.  I mean it says a lot to see a lot of the international guys move 1, even 2 weight classes since the rule change.  

Also, Salkazanov actually beat Gor in the bronze medal match.  Maybe we're sleeping on Salkazanov...

On 7/14/2019 at 11:17 AM, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Why? He was beaten at the Final X. Don’t you think the winner of that should be our rep? Or do you think we should change the procedure of picking our team?

Well I think his point is he wasn’t beaten at Final X unless I can throw a break after the match when I get tossed for four 30 seconds in. Not saying he’s right just that you knew the context. 

11 hours ago, Lammergeier said:

Well I think his point is he wasn’t beaten at Final X unless I can throw a break after the match when I get tossed for four 30 seconds in. Not saying he’s right just that you knew the context. 

I don’t think the brick being thrown had anything to do with the outcome. I think the refs went back that time on their own because they had 3 different scores and 2 out of 3 had to agree. What you said is just straight up stupid 

I learned that even great wrestlers have to keep improving and expanding.  J'Den Cox, thank you for showing us that an intelligent, hard working man, can identify areas to improve and then to succeed at tremendous growth, even at this level.