4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I went on this course for this reason... Taking speaking to a lawyer to lawyering up right away, and in the context that doing so is a huge character flaw and something he should be ashamed of. That’s where I have a problem. ...

but, and this is important, who cares if it annoys tbar? you don't have to go round and round about it, especially when it seems like you're arguing about whether he got a lawyer at all. 

Once again: there is nothing wrong with getting a lawyer to defend your interests and people who think it's a problem are just trying to win without opposition.

1 minute ago, nom said:

Lurker - TBar is seeking to smear the Cornell camp.  You are trying to defend against the smear.  I get it.  Bravo to you.

It’s important to note in this (which I’ve said several times but yet our friend still tried to say my “blind support for Koll”), that I don’t think this should go any further.  I don’t agree with the call on the mat but it was the call on the mat and Zain is our rep. I don’t want a hearing or anything like that. 

Here is what I wrote:

TBar - please.  One more time.  Please answer my question.  If you do not, I believe all on here should recognize that you have no interest in honest debate.  Instead you are here simply to smear and tarnish Koll.

Note, I said "I believe ..."

Please explain how this is a logical fallacy.  I'm super super curious now .... my belief / my opinion is a logical fallacy.  Note, I did not say If this, then that.  I said if this, then I believe .... 

You are learning 2 things tonight apparently.  Beliefs and opinions are not logical statements that can be disproven.  

2 minutes ago, ugarte said:

but, and this is important, who cares if it annoys tbar? you don't have to go round and round about it, especially when it seems like you're arguing about whether he got a lawyer at all. 

Once again: there is nothing wrong with getting a lawyer to defend your interests and people who think it's a problem are just trying to win without opposition.

Agreed on everything you said. Except the part where it seems I’m arguing whether they talked to a lawyer at all, (I’ve said a number of times I know Koll consulted a lawyer). But anyway...I said earlier, what can I say. Slow day at work so...

To answer one of your questions. I don’t care if it annoys tbar. I start to care when people start spreading **** and bashing someone’s character, particularly a coach, without any basis for it whatsoever. Especially when said coach is going EXACTLY what they are supposed to do in any situation, fight for your athlete with all resources available. 

Edited by Lurker

5 minutes ago, GockeS said:

the post that says Tbar if you dont answer my question, then this is true____________

is a logical fallacy.

thus endeth the lesson.

Just wanted to make sure this was captured.  You edited your other humorous reply.  

Again, I said "I believe" ....  I did not say it was a hard fact ... but I do believe it is a reasonable conclusion.  Thus, "I believe."

1 hour ago, nom said:

TBar - please.  One more time.  Please answer my question.  If you do not, I believe all on here should recognize that you have no interest in honest debate.  Instead you are here simply to smear and tarnish Koll.

everyone should recognize that you have no interest....

pretty clear

btw, i admitted my mistake. you never will.

ooooooo did you see the logical fallacy?

GockeS -- I do have to say thanks for actually replying directly to my questions.  We've cleared this up.  I understand now what you were pointing at.  I can't say definitively that TBar not answering my question is because of the reason I believe.  If I did claim that it was definitive proof, I would agree with you .. that would not be right.  But I do believe it ... I can't think of another reason but there may be.

Just now, GockeS said:

everyone should recognize that you have no interest....

pretty clear

btw, i admitted my mistake. you never will.

ooooooo did you see the logical fallacy?

Actually, I think I directly addressed your thoughts just now.  I sure hope you appreciate the MAJOR importance of the words 'I believe.'  

16 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Check out his instagram - he basically said it was because he didn't want to lose his #1 ranking.

I didn’t read it that way. I read it as he had just secured the number one ranking, time to go home and prep for world’s, mission accomplished. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Better than random draw though right?

17 hours ago, ugarte said:

I'm a Cornell guy and I will say this with no inside knowledge: Koll got a lawyer for Yianni. My evidence? Koll is not a stupid man. This is a weird hill to die on, Lurker. 

The issue is not "did Yianni get a lawyer" (of course he did) but "is it wrong to get a lawyer" (of course it isn't). 

Congrats, ugarte. You figured out in 5 minutes what Lurker knows but just can't seem to handle anyone saying here. 

17 hours ago, Lurker said:

I went on this course for this reason.... I don’t doubt or deny that Koll sought advise from a lawyer in what to do, advise on the formal complaint. I’ve said that I saw him say where he did. As you said he’s smart and should. My issue is with people spreading around information that is misleading at best, flat out false at worse, I have a problem with that. Which is why I take issue. It’s one thing to say consulting a lawyer. It’s another thing to spew all over the land that someone lawyered up right away because they didn’t like the result, which is what our friend here has been doing for a month. The biggest issue is the context in which he’s saying it. Taking speaking to a lawyer to lawyering up right away, and in the context that doing so is a huge character flaw and something he should be ashamed of. That’s where I have a problem. Especially when it comes from someone who hasn’t put on tenth of the time, energy, and sacrifice into the sport and development of young athletes as the person their flaming all over the wrestling public. So that’s why I call our friend out when I do. This one particularly because he’s so obviously close minded because a Penn State athlete is involved. And I’m not saying he’s close minded because he disagrees, but because as usual refuses to engage in any discussion lines or questions that could possibly go against his stance.

So it’s not the term “lawyering up” I’m arguing as much as it’s spewing of misleading information about people. And the way our friend has went around the last month...well it fits.  

I engaged you for multiple pages yesterday and that was enough. It was especially enough when you claimed you were done with it. I never thought you would simply walk away from it because you are hard headed about these things. 

The only claim I made yesterday, which would have died on the spot if you hadn't decided to fight so hard, is that Koll had lawyered up. You took offense to the term and decided to fight it, why I have no idea. 

People take shots on this board at all things PSU every day. Don't get all huffy when shots go the other way.

13 hours ago, Lammergeier said:

I didn’t read it that way. I read it as he had just secured the number one ranking, time to go home and prep for world’s, mission accomplished. 

Same here.  Besides win or lose he still had the #1 ranking.  I think it was probably best idea for him not to wrestle.  JB has the upper hand on him at this point, surely he's working on some tweeks and new techniques, I wouldn't want to give him a look either.

17 hours ago, nom said:

Lurker - TBar is seeking to smear the Cornell camp.  You are trying to defend against the smear.  I get it.  Bravo to you.

This is rich. You and Lurker thinking the reputation of Cornell University or Rob Koll can be besmirched by anything posted here at themat.com, lest of all the phrase lawyer up. And either of you thinking you need defend Cornell or Koll's reputation from use of such  a common phrase. 

I have news for you two. The reputation of the discourse here on this board would need rise exponentially to equal the position of the silt at the bottom of Fall Creek Falls. Here is how this board is most likely to be described elsewhere on the www.  

image.jpeg.eac4deb62ed98c8ba3f5b2d0b3e3381a.jpeg

Ahhh ... ok.  TBar avoids answering, as expected.  

I’m trying to have a reasonable debate.  

TBar helps to create the dumpster fire and then excuses his actions by pointing at the dumpster fire.  Clever.

tbert  .... engaging with you is beyond pointless so I will refrain. 

11 minutes ago, nom said:

Ahhh ... ok.  TBar avoids answering, as expected.  

I’m trying to have a reasonable debate.  

TBar helps to create the dumpster fire and then excuses his actions by pointing at the dumpster fire.  Clever.

tbert  .... engaging with you is beyond pointless so I will refrain. 

Maybe tbar has you on ignore.

Good call on not engaging me, as with your buddy Gocke, in a war of wit you both come unarmed.

I remember your last reasonable debate where you tucked your tail and whimpered away even with all your buddies white knighting you.

Edited by tbert

I gotta admit it's a pain in the butt to have to scroll through 5 pages to get away from the pissing contest.  Wish we had a private room where guys could go duke it out and then give us their good stuff on topic.

24 minutes ago, Peso said:

I gotta admit it's a pain in the butt to have to scroll through 5 pages to get away from the pissing contest.  Wish we had a private room where guys could go duke it out and then give us their good stuff on topic.

Actually agree with you and apologies 

Cool, welcome back fellas, let's enjoy this amazing time in wrestling history.  I hope we can continue the trajectory we have taken for the last decade or so.  Jordan Burroughs, my God man what an influence and role model you have been.  Then Snyderman just came in and showed us what a treat it was to have a great big man.  Then J'Den improves like no one since The Petersons back in 72 working with Gable on that great team.  Dake and Taylor put in World Championships like Gable-esque type dominance, and along comes Yianni and Daton Fix and well, if this continued like this, I would be willing to morph our folkstyle closer to free.  In my little world that is something I thought I'd never say.