Jump to content
littlepun

Official Striking Wrestler at Fargo

Recommended Posts

On 7/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, leshismore said:

The Xenophobia and fear / hatred of "the foreigner" is quite odd.  

It doesn't matter where he is from. Plenty of "American" refs do bad things.

Unless your name is Bidziil, Chaska, Sitting Bull, Running Bear, or Chayton... you are all foreigners.

It would seem logical that all of those great men took their land from someone else?  Wasn't that how it was done in their times?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mspart said:

Most of you are missing the point about the part that I quoted.   It appeared to the person that quoted it that the ref was a foreigner and this guy that I quoted was  just in Europe where this kind of behavior by the wrestler is not tolerated by anyone.  We are a bunch of pansies here in the US that we cannot allow another adult to apply a very small dose of discipline when a kid is out of line.  Spladle08 gets it.  We have taken discipline out teachers', coaches' and adminstrators' hands.  Little Johnny is perfect and he would never do that and if he did he had a very very good reason to do it and I stand behind him 100%.  That does absolutely nothing to help the kid become an adult in an adult world.  We are seeing that on college campuses nation wide.  So we ask, what is wrong with this generation?  Mommy and Daddy let little precious Johnny do whatever he wanted with no consequences, he was protected and wonders why the world is now so suddenly so unfair. 

mspart

no one is missing the point... you two are just taking a contrarian view point based off of your KIDS THESE DAYS!!!! tainted view of the world... and it just does not apply here...

an adult acting like an ******* is worse than a kid acting like an *******... 

tell me what lesson did this kid learn?

because with the childish actions of that ref, nothing was learned... the whole thing turned from kid jawing to ref being way out of line because the adult acted like a child... 

a yellow card, team point deduction, or even  a DQ from the tourney would have shown that kid some consequence... 

instead, he just goes on his merry way and the "child just growing older" ref gets gets exposed for being an *******...

kid learns nothing except look at the foolish "adult"... 

being a bigger ******* does not teach any kid a lesson except next time to be the biggest *******...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJB said:

no one is missing the point... you two are just taking a contrarian view point based off of your KIDS THESE DAYS!!!! tainted view of the world... and it just does not apply here...

an adult acting like an ******* is worse than a kid acting like an *******... 

tell me what lesson did this kid learn?

because with the childish actions of that ref, nothing was learned... the whole thing turned from kid jawing to ref being way out of line because the adult acted like a child... 

a yellow card, team point deduction, or even  a DQ from the tourney would have shown that kid some consequence... 

instead, he just goes on his merry way and the "child just growing older" ref gets gets exposed for being an *******...

kid learns nothing except look at the foolish "adult"... 

being a bigger ******* does not teach any kid a lesson except next time to be the biggest *******...

So your solution is to beat up the ref, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

So your solution is to beat up the ref, correct?

when an adult abuses his position of authority and thinks that gives him the right to put hands on a minor, i have little problem with him being shown the error of his ways... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LJB said:

when an adult abuses his position of authority and thinks that gives him the right to put hands on a minor, i have little problem with him being shown the error of his ways... 

Seems pretty hypocritical IMO if the goal is to discourage violence.

Ref was definitely out of line, should’ve been booted from the tournament and probably suspended but I think that’s where I’d draw the line.  Saying the guy should be beat up or never ref again seems pretty extreme IMO.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Seems pretty hypocritical IMO if the goal is to discourage violence.

Ref was definitely out of line, should’ve been booted from the tournament and probably suspended but I think that’s where I’d draw the line.  Saying the guy should be beat up or never ref again seems pretty extreme IMO.   

I’m not saying he should, but, if the coach or the kid had taken it to another level I would not have blamed them...

anyone making the decision to escalate to being physical should be ready to keep it going... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah again, should the official have done it? NO
Did he full blown punch the kid in the teeth? NO
Do his actions deserve this much outrage? Absolutely not.
Yes it was wrong, yes refs shouldn't grab kids forcefully.
Does this ref have a history of abusing children, or are we flocking to one isolated incident ? 100%

Wait, he hit, shoved, whatever you want to call it, but he did it to a kid. We count on our adults to be adults in these situations. I dont care if he doesnt have a history of hitting kids. We teach children not to hit from the time they are little and he cant figure out he shouldn't do that as a grown man? I dont see how you can possibly excuse that as an isolated incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask yourself why this ref didn’t smack the coach when he came into the mat?

coujd if he because he knows better than to physically assault an adult... coujd be he felt comfortable asssulting a child while hiding behind his officials uniform... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mspart said:

Most of you are missing the point about the part that I quoted.   It appeared to the person that quoted it that the ref was a foreigner and this guy that I quoted was  just in Europe where this kind of behavior by the wrestler is not tolerated by anyone.  We are a bunch of pansies here in the US that we cannot allow another adult to apply a very small dose of discipline when a kid is out of line.  Spladle08 gets it.  We have taken discipline out teachers', coaches' and adminstrators' hands.  Little Johnny is perfect and he would never do that and if he did he had a very very good reason to do it and I stand behind him 100%.  That does absolutely nothing to help the kid become an adult in an adult world.  We are seeing that on college campuses nation wide.  So we ask, what is wrong with this generation?  Mommy and Daddy let little precious Johnny do whatever he wanted with no consequences, he was protected and wonders why the world is now so suddenly so unfair. 

mspart

You still don't fcking get it, do you?  Yellow card the kid, pull him out of tournaments, suspend for the season... all are acceptable consequences.  Putting hands on the kid is not.  The days of rapping kids on the knuckles by sister Imabitch are over.  This isn't the 1950's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spladle said:

Wrong.  You don't get to put hands on a kid.  Ever.  No matter how mouthy he is.  Especially if he isn't your kid 

Hands off our snowflakes!

Edited by tbert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everyone seems to assume that hitting a kid is somehow effective as behavior modification - as if that would justify it - but it isn't even effective. the only thing it does is teach another generation that you don't need self-control and can just hit a kid when you're too frustrated to handle a situation like an adult.

the only snowflakes here are the people losing their minds that anyone would have a problem with a ref  - who has a lot of non-violent disciplinary tools in his bag - smacking a kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are being an azzhole as adult, is it justifiable to hit you?  If you tell your boss to piss off or go to hell, is it ok for him/her to lay hands on you?  Why would it be ok to do that to a kid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, spladle said:

If you are being an azzhole as adult, is it justifiable to hit you?  If you tell your boss to piss off or go to hell, is it ok for him/her to lay hands on you?  

LJB apparently thinks so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, spladle said:

If you are being an azzhole as adult, is it justifiable to hit you?  If you tell your boss to piss off or go to hell, is it ok for him/her to lay hands on you?  Why would it be ok to do that to a kid?

 

30 minutes ago, spladle said:

If you are being an azzhole as adult, is it justifiable to hit you?  If you tell your boss to piss off or go to hell, is it ok for him/her to lay hands on you?  Why would it be ok to do that to a kid?

 Don't go into hypotheticals or you lose your case real quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tbert said:

 

 Don't go into hypotheticals or you lose your case real quick

Agreed, just like LJB comparing a ref pushing a kid that’s bigger than him to a red hitting a 6-year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Agreed, just like LJB comparing a ref pushing a kid that’s bigger than him to a red hitting a 6-year old.

he didn't "push" the kid... he struck the kid...

nor did i compare it to anything...

i asked if it would be ok for a ref to hit a 6 year old who was acting the fool... 

i can have a crayon drawing provided for you if need be... just let me know...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone justifying a grown man physically assaulting a kid are sad people. Striking someone doesn’t change the behavior. This is been proven time and time again. 

 

Here comes the anecdotes. 

Edited by CoachWrestling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mspart said:

Most of you are missing the point about the part that I quoted.   It appeared to the person that quoted it that the ref was a foreigner and this guy that I quoted was  just in Europe where this kind of behavior by the wrestler is not tolerated by anyone.  We are a bunch of pansies here in the US that we cannot allow another adult to apply a very small dose of discipline when a kid is out of line.  Spladle08 gets it.  We have taken discipline out teachers', coaches' and adminstrators' hands.  Little Johnny is perfect and he would never do that and if he did he had a very very good reason to do it and I stand behind him 100%.  That does absolutely nothing to help the kid become an adult in an adult world.  We are seeing that on college campuses nation wide.  So we ask, what is wrong with this generation?  Mommy and Daddy let little precious Johnny do whatever he wanted with no consequences, he was protected and wonders why the world is now so suddenly so unfair. 

mspart

You may agree or may not agree, but mspart has a legitimate point.

The question for me is 'what did the kid say?" - if he used unacceptable racist comments, then he will have learned that actions have consequences and I'm OK with the ref 's reaction. No room in today's world for racist BS, even from a kid. If he simply whined as kids tend to do, then the ref overreacted and should be punished accordingly.

Either way, it just isn't that much to get worked up about. Most wrestlers at that age slap themselves that hard either warming up or after a win - if not harder. What goes on in a wrestling practice on a daily basis is way more physical.

(Note that I'm taking this incident out of context. The ref may actually be a useless tool. All I'm commenting on is this specific match and the post match slap.)

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Anyone justifying a grown man physically assaulting a kid are sad people. Striking someone doesn’t change the behavior. This is been proven time and time again. 

 

Here comes the anecdotes. 

My neighbor's old man used to beat him when he needed it.  After he got out of prison, he cleaned up real nice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spladle said:

Ok real world example.  Why do you think it is ok to lay hands on the kid just because he is being mouthy?

It’s not OK.  But the guy doesn’t deserve to die because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×