fanta

J' Den will take out Snyder at the Olympic Trials

1 minute ago, nom said:

Cox / Snyder --- will this be the biggest most anticipated match for OTT?  I think so.  

It certainly would be up there but there is some potential for crazy fireworks in next year’s finals matches. Fix vs Lee? JB vs Dake? Taylor vs Bo? (Bo doesn’t have the credentials as these other guys but in terms of anticipation?). Would be hard to decide between those. I’d put 86 at the bottom of that list but still....those are some fantastic potential matchups. 

5 minutes ago, scribe said:

Snyder will be too damn strong for Cox. But wrestling up is the best option for getting back down to his usual weight for contesting worlds at that weight. (if they still do that)

Snyder will have a strength advantage but I don’t see him just horsepowering Cox around. He has some horse power himself. Cox is also going to have speed, athleticism, and if his current trend continues, technique advantages. I don’t think he’ll stay in the close ties a lot and allow KS to use his hand fighting, etc. It’s a hell of a match up.  

Edited by Lurker

I don't think Snyder would be too strong for J'Den.    What I'm seeing from J'Den now has me damn impressed.  I actually think I'd put my money on J'Den at this point.  I don't have confidence but I'm feeling like he's turned it up a level.  Perhaps after 2019 worlds I'll reassess.

3 minutes ago, fanta said:

His actual comment was..."Next year there will be a World Champion who won't make the Olympic Team".

Okay so that’s very true and far from the original post. There’s possibility of a few world champs not making the world team. 

1st, Cox isn't big enough to wrestle at worlds at 97... he might have a chance to beat snyder... maybe.. but... worlds?

2nd, many on hear dont think cox can even beat nickal...if so, how can he beat snyder

3rd, you still haven't shown where he said he could beat snyder

6 minutes ago, fanta said:

His actual comment was..."Next year there will be a World Champion who won't make the Olympic Team".

so maybe he is referring to DT? 

or even KD? 

2 minutes ago, GockeS said:

1st, Cox isn't big enough to wrestle at worlds at 97... he might have a chance to beat snyder... maybe.. but... worlds?

2nd, many on hear dont think cox can even beat nickal...if so, how can he beat snyder

3rd, you still haven't shown where he said he could beat snyder

1st. I don’t really understand your point. He might have a chance to beat the guy that has went 1-1-1-2 the last four years at worlds but....worlds. 

2nd I guess if people on message boards don’t believe he can beat bo, then you’re right, he can’t beat Snyder. 

3rd He’s going to have advantages in speed, athleticism, and technique (I believe). He’s going to give up a little strength. But he wrestles in a manner that KS’s biggest strengths are somewhat nullified. (In and out, wrestling from space, not staying in the handfight very long). 

Its a hell of a match up and a toss up match but I don’t think it’s crazy at all to pick Cox. It’s not crazy to pick either in this matchup. 

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

There will be three world champs sitting out next year.  M2, KD and Ringer.  4 champs in one bracket.  First time? Has this even happened in a world bracket?

Who is M2?  Which bracket will have 4 champs?

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

1st. I don’t really understand your point. He might have a chance to beat the guy that has went 1-1-1-2 the last four years at worlds but....worlds. 

2nd I guess if people on message boards don’t believe he can beat bo, then you’re right, he can’t beat Snyder. 

3rd He’s going to have advantages in speed, athleticism, and technique (I believe). He’s going to give up a little strength. But he wrestles in a manner that KS’s biggest strengths are somewhat nullified. (In and out, wrestling from space, not staying in the handfight very long). 

Its a hell of a match up and a toss up match but I don’t think it’s crazy at all to pick Cox. It’s not crazy to pick either in this matchup. 

1 its a match up thing in my mind

2. was a joke about people on here

3. your argument has nothing to do with what i said.   that is why i think he can be KS tho... but maybe not others... matchups matter.

i never said it was crazy.

I think Cox will go back down to 86. He wants to be an Olympic champ, and if he can avoid a guy like Sadulaev, it just makes sense. That said I am actually starting to believe he would win OTT at either weight.

i'd have to see how cox is saying it but i think he's saying that the US is going to win 86, 92 and 97 this year, so something has to give next year - and he's not someone who thinks he's going to lose.

19 minutes ago, GockeS said:

1 its a match up thing in my mind

2. was a joke about people on here

3. your argument has nothing to do with what i said.   that is why i think he can be KS tho... but maybe not others... matchups matter.

i never said it was crazy.

Fair enough. And I was hoping your #2 was a joke but wasn’t sure. 

1. If J'Den goes up he can put 10 pounds on and he will have the weight.  I doubt the strength is to much different.  There is no clear favorite with Snyder.  The two of them have been pretty even since high school.  J'Den is a bad matchup for KS in the since he can wrestle outside, but JS is a bad style match for J'Den in that he attacks the ankle a lot.  Which is J'Dens week point.  

2. He may go down, but it will be a big pull.  Taylor will give him a tough go this time.  I will be pulling for J'Den but that cut combined with Taylor's motor and it will be tough. 

3. I watched Ringers matches from this weekend.  He is tough but after a few times watching them I don't think he beats Dake. Dake is so low to the ground. A lot of Ringers set ups come from shiffting his oppoonts weight to one foot and attaking.  In other words he pushes (i.e. post or elbow pass) rather than pulling (i.e. sweep single or snaps to a score). Dake is a stump.  I don't see ringer moving him and getting the angles he often creates.  And Dake is freak strong.  Dake will be our Rep.  However, ringer will get there and get his medals in the near future.