fanta

J' Den will take out Snyder at the Olympic Trials

13 hours ago, PRyan2012 said:

I agree but history says Snyder wins in two razor close matches just like his NCAA and WTT matches against Jden-one score matches.  

WTT matches against J'den?

Regardless, considering how frequently they've trained together over the past few years, J'den likely has good reasons to be as confident as he obviously is.

Walking around at 202, but choosing to go 213 says a lot to me.

21 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Without a doubt 

Dake/JB is still significantly bigger for me, in part b/c it's the last hurrah for both, and in part b/c I suspect J'den will take two straight from Kyle pretty handily.

Mostly I just really want to see Dake win Olympic gold.

12 hours ago, Cementmixer103 said:

Yeah, I was thinking ..

1 Gilman - Matteo Winner, past world bronze, 2x world team rep.

2 Fix - 2019 World team rep

3 Gross - Bill Farrell Champ

4 Lee - Senior Nationals Champ

Admittedly, I completely forgot about World Bronze winner Colon, Suriano and Garrett. 

And you're absolutely right, Lee and Gross can be switched. 

What a weight. It really wouldn't be shocking to see any combination of these guys in the finals.

Fix has the recent head to head over Gilman and that’s the first criteria listed in the selection procedures, so that would override Gilman winning Matteo

Fix has the recent head to head over Gilman and that’s the first criteria listed in the selection procedures, so that would override Gilman winning Matteo
I'm new go the convo but Gilman beating Fix h2h at the Matteo doesnt factor?

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm new go the convo but Gilman beating Fix h2h at the Matteo doesnt factor?

Oh ****...yeah I completely forgot about them meeting in Rome. Cement mixer is right...I’m dumb!  

Oh ****...yeah I completely forgot about them meeting in Rome. Cement mixer is right...I’m dumb!  
Not dumb haha there's wrestling everywhere, matches can be missed :) I'm just a Fix homer so that performance left a bad taste.

J'den is beating Snyder that's without question. :) that said
Since yall are discussing every other weight. If DT goes down to Zahid or Ringer... I wont be surprised in the slightest.
DT makes his money with pace and awkward scrambling position.
He 100% is great at forcing foriegn wrestlers into these folkstyle positions... I just could see it not working the same against Ringer and Zahid... not saying he will 100% lose just saying I like their chances of at the least being competitive

2 hours ago, whaletail said:

Dake/JB is still significantly bigger for me, in part b/c it's the last hurrah for both, and in part b/c I suspect J'den will take two straight from Kyle pretty handily.

Mostly I just really want to see Dake win Olympic gold.

I think Dake is our best P4P even over Jden. I really think JB is a big underdog here. P4P I would go:

Dake

Cox

Snyder

Taylor

JB

Crazy depth!!!!

I think Dake is our best P4P even over Jden. I really think JB is a big underdog here. P4P I would go:
Dake
Cox
Snyder
Taylor
JB
Crazy depth!!!!
I'll never understand the current level of disrespect for the great JB but I'd wager he gets the spot.
No disrespect to the Dake fans our there, but man... he had that real solid finals performance a few weeks ago, but all the previous bouts at the very same tournament you could watch and say "I'm not sure how he will look against JB"... it's weird how sometimes we latch onto a favorable result and form our opinion off that.
There's no way JB is a big underdog going into this.. not a huge favorite but yeah... he wins

5 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I'll never understand the current level of disrespect for the great JB but I'd wager he gets the spot.
No disrespect to the Dake fans our there, but man... he had that real solid finals performance a few weeks ago, but all the previous bouts at the very same tournament you could watch and say "I'm not sure how he will look against JB"... it's weird how sometimes we latch onto a favorable result and form our opinion off that.
There's no way JB is a big underdog going into this.. not a huge favorite but yeah... he wins

The great JB in his prime wins this match but at this point in both of their careers (Dake is at his peak) I would honestly be surprised if JB pulls it off. But man if he does JB is the greatest American of all time if he goes and wins in Tokyo. I would put him #1 if he does that.  

The great JB in his prime wins this match but at this point in both of their careers (Dake is at his peak) I would honestly be surprised if JB pulls it off. But man if he does JB is the greatest American of all time if he goes and wins in Tokyo. I would put him #1 if he does that.  

Excuse my hyperbole :)

the grind of a whole tournament, probably give me Dake, that defense early on in a tourney while you get your legs under you is invaluable... last year I was saying there was a good chance JB would drop one of those first 2 bouts, because he just gives up 2 many points and is a slow starter in that format. (And they were solid guys) :) but

A h2h where you know the huge threat your opponent presents, no looking ahead, it's all or nothing vs this one guy... give me JB.

Hes clutch, hes talented, hes won in the past.... all the things... I do admit Dake feels safer in a tourney but I think he doesnt win the spot

21 minutes ago, LJB said:

practice is just that, buuuuuuuuuuuut...

That doesn't even look like a 100% live go. Not sure what they are working on there, but it tells us nothing. J'den is soaking wet, but the means they are only at least 5 mins into drilling.

it doesn't look like a live go because cox makes him look so silly... but, there is another vid out there at the same time that says cox and snyder live go... 

so, take it for whatever its worth... 

i just thought it was interesting

18 hours ago, The Genius said:

People are seriously comparing Bo to DT and giving him a chance to beat DT?

I think that on a bad day for DT and a good day for Bo it’s possible. I mean look at Brandon Slay vs Satiev. Bad day for Satiev. Good day for Slay. Not everyone could have beaten Satiev, someone had to be pretty good to get it done. The skill gap between DT and Bo isn’t nearly as great. DT hasn’t competed a great deal lately and is recovering from an injury. If Bo goes 86kg it’s possible he could win. Same goes for Zahid and perhaps even more so. Totally reasonable. 

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Excuse my hyperbole :)

the grind of a whole tournament, probably give me Dake, that defense early on in a tourney while you get your legs under you is invaluable... last year I was saying there was a good chance JB would drop one of those first 2 bouts, because he just gives up 2 many points and is a slow starter in that format. (And they were solid guys) :) but

A h2h where you know the huge threat your opponent presents, no looking ahead, it's all or nothing vs this one guy... give me JB.

Hes clutch, hes talented, hes won in the past.... all the things... I do admit Dake feels safer in a tourney but I think he doesnt win the spot

I gladly take the other side of that. I think at this point Dake wins 7/10 matches vs JB. He’s gotten better since their last encounter by a big margin. JB is at best as good but certainly not better than he was last go around. 

Edited by BigTimeFan

I gladly take the other side of that. I think at this point Dake wins 7/10 matches vs JB. He’s gotten better since their last encounter by a big margin. JB is at best as good but certainly not better than he was last go around. 
Why has he gotten better? Because he consistently beats Ringer or Hasanov at a different weight?

Why has he gotten better? Because he consistently beats Ringer or Hasanov at a different weight?
Better yet.... even back when he was down a weight who consistently beat Dake not named Burroughs?
I think people think the championships mean hes a different Dake