Sign in to follow this  
Timo

Career Senior Freestyle Records

Does anyone have access to senior freestyle men's career match records?  I found a copy of Dan Gable's on his website (I printed it but can't find a copy now to post a link),  Lee Kemp has his on his website http://www.leekemp.com/competition-record/),  Jordan Burroughs has his on his website ( http://www.jordanburroughs.com/wins), Kyle Snyder has a wikipedia page that has his matches (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Snyder_(wrestler)), but those are the only few I have found.  Does anyone have the career freestyle match records for any other US or international senior men's freestyle wrestler that they can provide a link to (from 1970s till now)?  Bruce Baumgartners and Cael Sanderson's web pages are "under construction" so no match records there.  I have been surprised that there isn't more of this information readily available.  Please post a copy or a link if you have it.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Timo said:

Does anyone have access to senior freestyle men's career match records?  I found a copy of Dan Gable's on his website (I printed it but can't find a copy now to post a link),  Lee Kemp has his on his website http://www.leekemp.com/competition-record/),  Jordan Burroughs has his on his website ( http://www.jordanburroughs.com/wins), Kyle Snyder has a wikipedia page that has his matches (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Snyder_(wrestler)), but those are the only few I have found.  Does anyone have the career freestyle match records for any other US or international senior men's freestyle wrestler that they can provide a link to (from 1970s till now)?  Bruce Baumgartners and Cael Sanderson's web pages are "under construction" so no match records there.  I have been surprised that there isn't more of this information readily available.  Please post a copy or a link if you have it.  Thanks.

I too would love to see this.  I was looking for J'Den's, Taylor's and Dake's, and alas, not much that I could find

I had been working on getting J'den's match results on his wikipedia page.  This is the prodding I need to publish I guess. 

I don't list the record in the table like Snyder, but has all matches from 2016 OTT to present.  Haven't gone back to 15 Open or 14 WTT to get those match results. J'den is 50-10 over that time. 26-6 at 86 kg and 24-4 at 92 kg.

Interesting to me is that he has yet to face a Russian (at least one wrestling for Russia).

4 hours ago, FlyinLion said:

I had been working on getting J'den's match results on his wikipedia page.  This is the prodding I need to publish I guess. 

I don't list the record in the table like Snyder, but has all matches from 2016 OTT to present.  Haven't gone back to 15 Open or 14 WTT to get those match results. J'den is 50-10 over that time. 26-6 at 86 kg and 24-4 at 92 kg.

Interesting to me is that he has yet to face a Russian (at least one wrestling for Russia).

Wow, wouldn't have guessed he'd wrestled 60+ senior level matches already!

I am an old retired guy with time on his hands.  So I did create a list of the senior freestyle matches that Burroughs, Cox, Dake, Snyder and Taylor have had.  I picked all of the current gold medalists we have to try and make these lists.  I am missing some data (names, country the wrestler came from, or scores) on a few items.  I might also be missing other tournaments.  If so, please let me know.  All input is appreciated.  The Burroughs list from his website is very complete.  The Snyder list from his wikipedia page is missing the 2015 US Open that he won and a 2018 World Club Cup Dual match with India that he won.  I tried to identify all the world medal winners each guy wrestled and calculated other comparative data.  So scroll down to the bottom of each excel workbook page and you can see some of the calculations I have done.  I think we live in a good time where we really have outstanding freestyle wrestlers in this country.  Some have accomplished more, but we really have a good overall team.  It is a lot of fun to follow.

I have found it pretty disappointing how poorly documented the records of our greatest freestyle wrestlers are.  I find all of the discussions on the forums interesting but often lacking in the real data.  So I decided as part of my retirement time hobby, I would try to study it a bit.  I guess it's time to share that info with all the other geeks and nerds out there.  I wasn't ever sure what I would do with the stuff I created.  If someone wants to put any of this out there on Wikipedia, be my guest.

I am trying to do this same type of thing for Baumgartner, Gable, Jackson, Kemp, Sanderson, both Schultz brothers, and Smith.  I have an outline done but this is very tough sledding finding the info.  I am pretty certain that I can never find all the info and will end up with just an outline.  But still lots more digging before I know that for sure (months away from having anything I am sure).

Also, there is a wikipedia page that shows all the US Men's Freestyle Wrestlers by year and how they finished in world or olympic championships.  I retyped this data into a spreadsheet, made a bunch of calculations and observations, and then created two summary pages.  That is the second attachment you see.  I focused on 1960 thru 2018 since those were the years we were basically competing every year and are completed.  I am happy to answer any questions.  Just type them out.  Thanks  Tim

Freestyle Records for 5 current wrestlers.xlsx

US Men's Freestyle History.xlsx

10 minutes ago, Timo said:

I am an old retired guy with time on his hands.  So I did create a list of the senior freestyle matches that Burroughs, Cox, Dake, Snyder and Taylor have had.  I picked all of the current gold medalists we have to try and make these lists.  I am missing some data (names, country the wrestler came from, or scores) on a few items.  I might also be missing other tournaments.  If so, please let me know.  All input is appreciated.  The Burroughs list from his website is very complete.  The Snyder list from his wikipedia page is missing the 2015 US Open that he won and a 2018 World Club Cup Dual match with India that he won.  I tried to identify all the world medal winners each guy wrestled and calculated other comparative data.  So scroll down to the bottom of each excel workbook page and you can see some of the calculations I have done.  I think we live in a good time where we really have outstanding freestyle wrestlers in this country.  Some have accomplished more, but we really have a good overall team.  It is a lot of fun to follow.

I have found it pretty disappointing how poorly documented the records of our greatest freestyle wrestlers are.  I find all of the discussions on the forums interesting but often lacking in the real data.  So I decided as part of my retirement time hobby, I would try to study it a bit.  I guess it's time to share that info with all the other geeks and nerds out there.  I wasn't ever sure what I would do with the stuff I created.  If someone wants to put any of this out there on Wikipedia, be my guest.

I am trying to do this same type of thing for Baumgartner, Gable, Jackson, Kemp, Sanderson, both Schultz brothers, and Smith.  I have an outline done but this is very tough sledding finding the info.  I am pretty certain that I can never find all the info and will end up with just an outline.  But still lots more digging before I know that for sure (months away from having anything I am sure).

Also, there is a wikipedia page that shows all the US Men's Freestyle Wrestlers by year and how they finished in world or olympic championships.  I retyped this data into a spreadsheet, made a bunch of calculations and observations, and then created two summary pages.  That is the second attachment you see.  I focused on 1960 thru 2018 since those were the years we were basically competing every year and are completed.  I am happy to answer any questions.  Just type them out.  Thanks  Tim

Bravo!  Bravo!  Thank you for doing this!

5 minutes ago, Timo said:

I added 2014 WTT to Cox and a few 2014 WTT trials matches to Taylor.  I had missed that.  New spreadsheet with those revisions attached. Thanks for any and all input to make this more complete.

Freestyle Records for 5 current wrestlers rev1.xlsx

First glance, I noticed Jaime Espinal (Olympic Silver 2012 84 kg ) isn't listed as a medalist for Cox.  He faced him at 2019 PanAms.

Thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, Timo said:

Great job.  Thank you

On 7/19/2019 at 3:12 AM, Gantry said:

Holy cow , J'Den has NEVER wrestled a Russian in his entire career?

Lol I was thinking about this after Yasar Dogu. He has wrestled Russians wrestling for other countries but never wrestled a Russian actually representing Russia. Crazy considering he has 3 world medals.

When you look at these all time records as well as some of the other all time greats, It really makes you appreciate even more Karelin going undefeated for 13 years! Wow