tec87

Olympic Bronze For Tervel

Happy to see this but surprised, they are going back 2 cycles or taking this much time.  Also, in the article they state

In the past, when an athlete has been stripped of a medal, the athletes from their side of the bracket have moved up into the medal positions.

You'd have to have made it to the semis of that side of the bracket, right?

34 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

You mean to tell me THIS guy wasn't clean?  Now I just don't know who we can trust!

Image result for artur taymazov

Too little too late.  Still, good for Tervel.  

And this is BEFORE he hit the Vitamin S!

I remember when he was stripped of his 2008 medal. Why would they only retest his 2012 sample two years later? You would think it would be a pretty good hint that his is one they should look at ASAP. 

Anyway, good for Tervel. Doesn’t really make up for it because I’m sure he dealt with a lot of hurt and missed out on a lot of sponsorships and endorsement deals. I wonder how he feels about it. I would guess he is happy for it but it probably doesn’t seem too satisfying 

41 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

You mean to tell me THIS guy wasn't clean?  Now I just don't know who we can trust!

Image result for artur taymazov

Too little too late.  Still, good for Tervel.  

He looks like Snyder on roids.

10 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

He looks like a science experiment.  Which I think technically is what he was.  

I saw a picture of him just recently... he now walks around at about 147lbs.  

28 minutes ago, Broomstick said:

He looks like Snyder on roids.

He looks like the bizarro Cael. Or that maybe he ate Cael and Snyder for dinner. His calves might have stretched out the leg-openings of that singlet.

36 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I remember when he was stripped of his 2008 medal. Why would they only retest his 2012 sample two years later? You would think it would be a pretty good hint that his is one they should look at ASAP. 

Anyway, good for Tervel. Doesn’t really make up for it because I’m sure he dealt with a lot of hurt and missed out on a lot of sponsorships and endorsement deals. I wonder how he feels about it. I would guess he is happy for it but it probably doesn’t seem too satisfying 

They are going back through all samples. So you have all the athletes from all the sports in 2008 being reanalyzed, then move on to 2010 and all those athletes, then on 2012. It takes awhile 

2 hours ago, Coach_J said:

Glad to see justice finally catching up.  Never to late to make things right.  Glad for Tervel, one of the genuinely good guys in the game.

Not true it can be too late.  Besik Kudukhov died in 2013 and in 2016 they retested his sample from the 2012 Olympics which returned a positive result.  They initially announced that he would be stripped of his silver medal, but later it was pointed out that he was dead.  Apparently proceedings are unable to be brought on a dead athlete.  Which is some sense is fair because he cannot exercise his right to appeal or defend himself.  His sample should not have been included in the retest.  Dutt is still the bonze medalist and Jong-myong is still 5th officially. 

Does this mean Dlagnev will be getting a check for $25,000 from living the dream?

4 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

Not true it can be too late.  Besik Kudukhov died in 2013 and in 2016 they retested his sample from the 2012 Olympics which returned a positive result.  They initially announced that he would be stripped of his silver medal, but later it was pointed out that he was dead.  Apparently proceedings are unable to be brought on a dead athlete.  Which is some sense is fair because he cannot exercise his right to appeal or defend himself.  His sample should not have been included in the retest.  Dutt is still the bonze medalist and Jong-myong is still 5th officially. 

Does this mean Dlagnev will be getting a check for $25,000 from living the dream?

Dutt was very gracious in this case and refused to move up.  Jong has a beef but don't know his reaction.

12 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Dutt was very gracious in this case and refused to move up.  Jong has a beef but don't know his reaction.

Yes, I think Dutt had said that after the announcement though ultimately I don't think he would have had the option.  Coleman Scott was the other bronze medalist.  I'm not sure if he would have strong feelings on the situation since he was on the other side of the bracket, but that is a really only an issue because of the stupid double bronze.

When a wrestler gets stripped the double bronze creates issue.  Who if anyone will be the gold medal at 120Kg in 2012?  Both finalists have been stripped.  Ghasemi was the original bronze medalist from Taymazov's side, but that isn't real solid justification for him to get gold over Makhov.  Double silver or gold makes more sense to me.

46 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

Yes, I think Dutt had said that after the announcement though ultimately I don't think he would have had the option.  Coleman Scott was the other bronze medalist.  I'm not sure if he would have strong feelings on the situation since he was on the other side of the bracket, but that is a really only an issue because of the stupid double bronze.

When a wrestler gets stripped the double bronze creates issue.  Who if anyone will be the gold medal at 120Kg in 2012?  Both finalists have been stripped.  Ghasemi was the original bronze medalist from Taymazov's side, but that isn't real solid justification for him to get gold over Makhov.  Double silver or gold makes more sense to me.

As my late father would say, a mucking fess.

30 minutes ago, pamela said:

What the...?? How is that the same wrestler? He looks like a deflated balloon. Even his skinny pants look a little baggy, wth?

Looks like someone's dorky uncle who gets picked last for the family softball game.

14 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Why aren’t they testing these samples earlier? 7 years after the fact is ridiculous 

They did. But they save samples for future testing to test/retest later and catch people who are cheating but cannot be detected by the tests available in 2012.