Perry

Yianni/Zain Ruling

13 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Predictions on numbers of PSU fan posts that will occur if/when PSU or NLWC wrestlers occasionally lose have been mostly way over blown. That will probably be the case in this instance as well should the Zain win be over turned. More likely you'd see some posts, but nowhere near the amount you cite. Then PSU/NLWC/Zain fans would move on to the next matches. 

I really dont understand the mentality this isn't about Cornell or PSU it's bigger than that. It's about representing the United States and both guys are fine choices just think Yianni chances to medal are better but won't cry over spilled Milk either way. Let's put school allegiance aside and replace it with the pledge.

14 hours ago, scramble said:

Can you imagine the conversations that will happen if a third match is wrestleef and Zain wins. 

Two more scenarios for fun, light-hearted conversation if Zain is the rep:

Bajrang beats Zain for a medal

Zain wins gold

17 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Two more scenarios for fun, light-hearted conversation if Zain is the rep:

Bajrang beats Zain for a medal

Zain wins gold

Or, Yianni gets the spot and doesn't medal.  

For the record, I think both medal.  

Or arbitration scoffs the Cornell lawyers off.

Zain goes and gets hurt facing Bajrang in the semis giving him his toughest match.

Zain wrestles valiantly, but physically broken in his bronze match and fails to medal.

Zain loses to Pico in the semis at OTT. YD loses to Metcalf in the semis at OTT.

Pico and Metcalf wrestle for the right to represent USA at the Olys.

YD loses to Eirman on the backside consis and Zain loses to GHulk.

Eirman is on the team by beating GHulk in the best match of the OTT for 3rd.

Zain then beats YD for 5th in the same exact sort of match with a call overturned in the final 10 seconds this time.

Apologies for slaughtering Eirman's name. Too lazy to look it up atm.

6 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Interesting... how do both medal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to assume you were being sarcastic.  However, in case that was a serious question I will replace the word both with either.  Which is how it was meant.  

On 7/24/2019 at 11:02 PM, treep2000 said:

Obstruction of Justice it seems, if Zain were to get involved. 

Only if he requested, in a televised speech, that the Russians get involved and hack the system to get dirt on Yianni - and then proceed to claim he didn't and send his lawyers to fight that battle in court.

Then, yes, he'd be obstructing justice.

I didn't see Zain make a speech that dumb, so he should be OK.

5 hours ago, spladle said:

Any timetable for arbitration?  If today is only the hearing, I doubt a decision is made today.

in yianni's interview with askren he said he expects it to be quick but it could be today, tomorrow, next week, whatever.

Edited by ugarte

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

I hope they rule against this challenge. Not only because I think it would be correct given all that applies, but also because If they rule in favor of it, they'll just encourage more legal challenges. That won't be good for the sport, imo. 

They're pretty rare honestly.  Wasn't the last one that went to binding arbitration Lindland and Sieracki?  

8 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

Certainly it would be much easier for Yianni to qualify, train and minimalize the chance of being injured by being a representative for Greece. The only thing that I could see stopping him is that he was part of several US junior teams wrestling internationally, so he would probably be loyal to USA wrestling. Given that he was completely jobbed by USA Wrestling, you'd have to wonder where his head is now. He certainly can't allow it to interfere with his Olympic hopes. 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I hope they rule against this challenge. Not only because I think it would be correct given all that applies, but also because If they rule in favor of it, they'll just encourage more legal challenges. That won't be good for the sport, imo. 

You hope they rule against it because you're a PSU fan.

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

How many Cornell fans want it over ruled? 100 percent.

Sure, but what percent are framing the reason as 'challenges are bad for the sport'.