Jump to content

2020 86Kgs rep  

105 members have voted

  1. 1. Assuming this field, who wins the spot next year?

    • David Taylor
      29
    • J'den Cox
      60
    • Alex Dieringer
      5
    • Bo Nickal
      4
    • Zahid Valencia
      0
    • Pat Downey
      6
    • Other
      1


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

PSU has its own law school. Talk about lack of smarts ... on your part, lu alum.

May be true, but have any individuals with PSU undergraduate degrees even been granted admission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I think it is more that TBar has made Penn State fans look naive and petty with his regular childish attempts at what he perceives as insults.  

He’s constantly poking at Koll for pointing out the rights of his wrestlers (what kind of coach would ever do that!) or for having lawyers help with a protest that goes to an arbitration process with the USOC (surely Cael would never get legal counsel for such an event!).

He doesn’t like that a formal protest has been filed but he can’t find a way to make that look bad so he is pulling a Trump (and other politicians) by finding something that sounds bad (even though it is a logical next step in filing a protest) and trying to smear with it.  Sad.

Also, he gets annoyed when people find stupid things to pick at PSU about but he revels in doing it against other teams.  He is just one of those kinds of posters.  Immature and childish who finds it fun to smear but cries when it turns the other way.   Most PSU posters are not like this, but he tends to dirty them by association. 

I still like the team and the coaches though.  Impressive group.  Many fan bases have people they are embarrassed by.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a nice little speech there nom. You are in the wrong place for someone who does not seem very able to handle disagreement.

I don't like going to lawyers to settle wrestling matches like you Cornell fans seem to be all in for. Simple as that. One of the all time best wrestlers in this country was a Pennsylvania wrestler who got routinely screwed over by after the match off the mat cabals  of rulers that either took matches that he won on the mat away from him entirely or forced him to re wrestle matches he had previously won on the mat. Most Americans recognized those outcomes as entirely unfair. You may like going down the road of lawyering up after matches are decided, but I don't and I am not going to be bashful here about saying it. 

Be thankful your Koll led lawyering got you the hearing you wanted. But don't think you are going to run off everyone who thinks this is not the way to go, as if only your opinion matters. That is an arrogant position to take.  Don't be so arrogant, nom. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lu_alum said:

May be true, but have any individuals with PSU undergraduate degrees even been granted admission?

I know your comment is limited to Dickenson, but your whole rant in this thread seems to center around the idea that PSU undergrads are not smart enough to become lawyers. That isn't even a decent troll job, lu_alum. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Coach_J said:

This is like trying to play chess with a gerbil. I did not defend my son and have no no need to as your juvenile speculation about him losing a wrestling match to PDIII was straight out of 5th grade; I pointed out what an a-hole you are to even bring him up in the first place in your feeble attempt to defend your pal.  My son, quite literally, fights his own battles. Your d!ck comments about him reflect on you alone. Maybe you could try letting PDII and III do the same instead of whining how mean everyone is (diaper at the ready for you, bro, and a cry towel too).  Basically, you are not doing PDIII any public relations favors by whimpering over the bruising of your paper thin skin.

Your dirty mouth could benefit from Irish Spring soap. Your son was brought up to make a point...that YOU are constantly bashing someone's son.  Apparently, you can't grasp concepts...your 'repeated' dick comments about Downey reflect upon you, pal.  I think the gerbil would whip your butt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MDogg said:

Agreed that Green also looked bad. However,  Downey looking on par or perhaps a smidgeon better than a guy who looked bad doesn’t really help your argument that he’s not the same guy he was 2 years ago when it was obvious he wasn’t remotely close to being on Taylor’s level.

Also you say “I always thought a win was a win” the sentence after you qualify Downey’s loss as involving a questionable call. If a win’s a win then a loss is a loss...and Downey went 0-2 the last time we saw him wrestle. 

It absolutely makes my point...that he was NOT  "far and away the weakest American 2019 world team member at that tournament."  And, you're right...a loss is a loss, but neither of his losses was a blowout.  I heard that he had had a previously scheduled commitment to run a camp in Oregon before the Dogu, that he had a two day delay in his flights before arriving in Oregon, was on airplanes for 36 hours, arrived in Turkey a day or two later than the rest of the team, was overweight and had to quickly make the cut.  To me, he looked tired and sluggish.  IDK, maybe all of that had something to do with it. But what do I know? 

Edited by Blue Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

But don't think you are going to run off everyone who thinks this is not the way to go, as if only your opinion matters. That is an arrogant position to take.  Don't be so arrogant, nom

Oh, the irony!!  :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

Your dirty mouth could benefit from Irish Spring soap. Your son was brought up to make a point...that YOU are constantly bashing someone's son.  Apparently, you can't grasp concepts...your 'repeated' dick comments about Downey reflect upon you, pal.  I think the gerbil would whip your butt. 

I'll exit with a big thank you: every time you open your mouth you prove every point I could make on this topic far more vividly than I ever could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

I'll exit with a big thank you: every time you open your mouth you prove every point I could make on this topic far more vividly than I ever could.

You took the words right out of my mouth. It's official, the gerbil gets gold. :)

Edited by Blue Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I know your comment is limited to Dickenson, but your whole rant in this thread seems to center around the idea that PSU undergrads are not smart enough to become lawyers. That isn't even a decent troll job, lu_alum. 

You'd be dangerous if you could spell Dickinson College correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 5:51 PM, Coach_J said:

This is like trying to play chess with a gerbil. I did not defend my son and have no no need to as your juvenile speculation about him losing a wrestling match to PDIII was straight out of 5th grade; I pointed out what an a-hole you are to even bring him up in the first place in your feeble attempt to defend your pal.  My son, quite literally, fights his own battles. Your d!ck comments about him reflect on you alone. Maybe you could try letting PDII and III do the same instead of whining how mean everyone is (diaper at the ready for you, bro, and a cry towel too).  Basically, you are not doing PDIII any public relations favors by whimpering over the bruising of your paper thin skin.

Be honest - he never mentioned your son - he said what if PDIII was your son. Quote and parenthetical references: "Put yourself in the father's (PDII) shoes.  How would YOU react if it (PDIII) was your son?"

You are understandably proud of your boy, many thanks to him for his bravery and service, but he didn't denigrate him.  And considering that Blue Dragons is PDIII's old team I imagine this is either his father under a new avatar or a former coach / teammate with an emotional stake.

I'd hate to see it called the PDIII rule,  but I do like the True 2nd implementation.  This is a change whose time is overdue.    I don't like at all the bye to the Finals.  Earn it every step of the way.  JMHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...