Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

Preposterously Early NCAA Predictions

46 minutes ago, MDogg said:

If Sasso and Brayton Lee are on your list then the redshirting freshman who beat them both at Midlands last year also belongs. Teemer is my #1 P4P incoming redshirt freshman. He’s gonna be a contender at either 157 or 149.

While he beat Sasso hth at midlands, he got tooled up pretty good by Pat Lugo in the same bracket, who then lost to Sasso in the next match. He also was beaten soundly by Lee this off season. I really like Teemer, but he hasn't shown consistent enough offense for me to put him that high. He's very counter-dependent. He's well scouted at this point, so people aren't going to go into his wheelhouse as much. He'll have to do more creating in the future.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:13 PM, KCMO2 said:

Desanto, really?  Not saying it's impossible, but he may not even make their lineup.  And if he does then I'd put him behind Fix, Suriano, Gross, and Micic, at least.  I know some things may happen to thin that group out, but everything would need to fall in line just perfectly for him to have a decent shot at winning it.  I'll take Suriano.

Plus, DeSanto will have to stay out of trouble.  Although after Brands put his foot down and suspended him for that crucial Maryland match last season, I think he's learned his lesson.

There is nothing to indicate he will not make the lineup. I see Gross winning at 141 and some 133 guys will RS so it will be a bit thinner. I do not know anybody he cannot beat at 133. 

Edited by Zebra

17 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Man I just don’t see Wick winning a title. He doesn’t have the offense to beat guys like Cenzo. 

Are you picking Mekhi over Hall? I haven’t thought about that potential matchup. Love it

Wick has I believe taken 3rd and 4th so he is certainly capable of beating anybody at 165. 

Yes I am taking Lewis over Hall at 174. I think he is still growing and will be an instant contender at 174 with Valencia moving up to 184.  

On 7/25/2019 at 12:44 PM, Glane18 said:

Wick's career is over.  He tweeted that he had surgery and can't wrestle anymore.  Unless it was his brother.  

Acknowledges it could be his brother, but doesn't take the 30-seconds of time to check before posting.  Bah gawd sir - you are lazy!

1 hour ago, Zebra said:

There is nothing to indicate he will not make the lineup.

Gavin Teasdale.  Not saying DeSanto can't beat him if they both go 133, but it's definitely not a done deal.

1 hour ago, qc8223 said:

He also was beaten soundly by Lee this off season.

You mean the 9-9 match decided on criteria or his 12-9 comeback win a month later? I just rewatched both and I didn’t see anything that would make me think those matches have a lot of folkstyle implications. But agree that in freestyle Lee does look like the (marginally) better wrestler.

Edited by MDogg

5 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Gavin Teasdale.  Not saying DeSanto can't beat him if they both go 133, but it's definitely not a done deal.

I don't see Teasdale beating Desanto. 

9 hours ago, LemonPie said:

Preposterously early 2022 champs

125- McHenry

133- Fix

141- Bartlett

149- Yianni

157- Sasso

165- Carr

174- Lewis

184- Brooks

197- Beard

Hwt- Steveson

Bookmark it

McHenry will fade out...  That's my prediction. 

125: Lee

133: I’ve heard Fix and Micic will take an oly shirt, and I think we might see gross at 141 so I’ll go with suriano. Gross wins if he’s here

141: Gross wins if he goes here instead of 133, Nick Lee is my pick if Gross can still make 133 

149: Sasso 

157: Hidlay 

165: Lewis

174: Hall 

184: Zahid

197: Darmstadt 

285: Cassar 

17 minutes ago, Underhook said:

125: Lee

133: I’ve heard Fix and Micic will take an oly shirt, and I think we might see gross at 141 so I’ll go with suriano. Gross wins if he’s here

141: Gross wins if he goes here instead of 133, Nick Lee is my pick if Gross can still make 133 

149: Sasso 

157: Hidlay 

165: Lewis

174: Hall 

184: Zahid

197: Darmstadt 

285: Cassar 

141 come March might be Real Woods weight just my opinion I think he's that good

On 7/29/2019 at 10:52 PM, justafan said:

141 come March might be Real Woods weight just my opinion I think he's that good

Forgot about Woods, he was very tough as a redshirt this past season. My brain isn’t exactly up to date on what new faces will be a factor this year, I’m sure my predictions will change quite a bit by the seasons start and midpoint.

2 hours ago, Underhook said:

Forgot about Woods, he was very tough as a redshirt this past season. My brain isn’t exactly up to date on what new faces will be a factor this year, I’m sure my predictions will change quite a bit by the seasons start and midpoint.

Real Woods vs. Fake Plastic Trees?  Real Woods all day long.

31 minutes ago, Stl said:

Grant Leeth needs to be considered at 141 if Yianni redshirts or moves up to 149.

If he can hold the weight he will be tough.Mizzu tried to cut Colby Smith last year and that didn't work to well

Leeth probably doesn’t need to kill himself to make 141 if he just becomes a little more lean instead of having muscles on top of muscles. I saw his picture on the Mizzou Wrestling facebook page and he already looks much leaner.

4 hours ago, Stl said:

Leeth probably doesn’t need to kill himself to make 141 if he just becomes a little more lean instead of having muscles on top of muscles. I saw his picture on the Mizzou Wrestling facebook page and he already looks much leaner.

Didn’t leeth wrestle 49 the last year he competed? If so, he looked pretty jacked up and 41 would seem like a huge cut 

Predict 65 gets a new name in the mix this year; Griffith out of Stanford had a good redshirt year last year and has the talent to AA

Still calling Lewis as champ if he doesn’t take an Oly

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Agreed, and I think DeSanto probably beats Murin at 141 too.

You could be right but I don't see Desanto moving up unless he's grown a lot over the summer. 

1 hour ago, Zebra said:

You could be right but I don't see Desanto moving up unless he's grown a lot over the summer. 

Yeah I don't think so either, but more so at the off chance that Teasdale is actually the title threat at 133 that some on HR think he is