Lurker

Good Teasedale article/interview

2 minutes ago, Boompa said:

It's the PSU philosophy and it's working.

The difference between PSU and Okie State is Okie State is recruiting wrestlers who still party.

Carl sure recruited the heck out of Andrew Long.  He partied!

I appreciate the aspect related to having to get away from the environment and ‘friends’ that are contributing to holding one in a bad pattern (not taking about PSU wrestling - talking about the the rest of the world he, in particular, lived in at Penn State). 

Smart and mature move to get away from that and start fresh.  It doesn’t cure all but it helps remove some temptation.  I’ve known others that have taken that path and it worked.

Best of luck to the kid but I wonder if moving from one big college to another one is really going to address his underlying issues with drugs and partying.  It's not like Iowa is a different environment when it comes to the big college atmosphere and all the temptations that come with it.  I get he's friends with Spencer but Spencer isn't going to be able to babysit him and keep him out of trouble if he wants to find it.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

Just now, TBar1977 said:

On HR, all their projected starters are title threats ........... until they are not. 

A very true statement lol their whole line up is a bad match up for rby as well apparently

Just now, Perry said:

A very true statement lol their whole line up is a bad match up for rby as well apparently

The key numbers to look for at HR are 135 points and 150 team points. When they start to get all excited on HR these types of predictions fly in bunches. 

21 hours ago, Boompa said:

It's the PSU philosophy and it's working.

The difference between PSU and Okie State is Okie State is recruiting wrestlers who still party.

Ed Ruth crashed at a Taco Bell at 2 AM on a weeknight and blew 0.281. I don't think the recruiting party animals thing is a differentiator 

7 minutes ago, dtry222 said:

Ed Ruth crashed at a Taco Bell at 2 AM on a weeknight and blew 0.281. I don't think the recruiting party animals thing is a differentiator 

Ed Ruth wasn't a Cael recruit.  In fact, he had never heard of Cael prior to wrestling for him.

Here are two reasons Teasdale might look better than he is in the practice room

1. Doesn't have to manage his weight.  Proven to be a guy who is affected by a cut

2.  Lightning quick low single shot, but not a guy who will win many scrambles. Guys aren't going to put themselves in dangerous positions in practice.  Scrambling at 50%.  

Edited by LemonPie

On 7/26/2019 at 10:00 AM, buckeyehomer said:

Andrew Long? Ed Ruth?

Long was an ISU recruit and Sanderson couldn't be as picky as today.  He then brought him over as a mercenary to win his first NCAA team title and block Koll from winning one (geographics in play).

As for Ruth, Sanderson didn't recruit him and he sure as heck didn't recruit Ed JR who is better coming out of HS than SR.

He also didn't technically recruit the Altons, they were already halfway committed to PSU when he was hired despite how much Tbargandizes it.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:46 AM, TBar1977 said:

The key numbers to look for at HR are 135 points and 150 team points. When they start to get all excited on HR these types of predictions fly in bunches. 

Wasnt it a forgone conclusion on BWI that PSU would break 170 last year?

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

He also didn't technically recruit the Altons, they were already halfway committed to PSU when he was hired despite how much Tbargandizes it.

Altons committed only after Sanderson got the job, but nice try Boompaganda.

3 hours ago, Boompa said:

As for Ruth, Sanderson didn't recruit him and he sure as heck didn't recruit Ed JR who is better coming out of HS than SR. 

Lehigh Ed is ranked higher than PSU Ed was coming out of HS? 

5 hours ago, Boompa said:

I do hope you realize they aren't father and son.