gowrestle

Any Reporting Zain’s Knee?

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And the problem with that is?

As a fan of USA Wrestling? Everything. We need our best team out there. A hurt Zain one leg likely loses to several of our 143lbers, not just YD.

If you're too blind to understand that then shame on you.

I'd rather see half a dozen healthy wrestlers give us a chance at qualifying the weight than a hurt Zain re-tweak something 2 minutes into his first match at worlds.

I must iterate that until after Monday, I understand why the hush.  After Monday, regardless of the hearing results, there should be some requirement.

I'm starting to think and believe that anyone who is Top 5 on our ladder should be subject to monthly physicals and whatnot.  There has to be some way that our governing body can control this.

All our other professional sports have ways of monitoring as a league should/does.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

As a fan of USA Wrestling? Everything. We need our best team out there. A hurt Zain one leg likely loses to several of our 143lbers, not just YD.

If you're too blind to understand that then shame on you.

I'd rather see half a dozen healthy wrestlers give us a chance at qualifying the weight than a hurt Zain re-tweak something 2 minutes into his first match at worlds.

I understand your point of view I just don't agree.  Maybe that frees me of my shame, maybe not.  But what I'm reading is that you feel the priorities in this should be: your opinion there are several athletes who would beat a less than 100% Zain, and your desire to know his recovery....over Zain's priorities of recovering the best he can to compete in the tournament he earned the right to compete in (to this point).  If Zain is 65% and for him that is good enough to go, and the Doctor clears him to go.....he should go.  No other priority outweighs that in my opinion.  And us wrestling fans' desire to know what his status is in no way shape or form going to effect his recovery, and as much as we'd like to know, its none of our business.  We are not entitled to or obligated to know.  

In your last sentence.....which side should carry more weight?  Your desire to see other healthy wrestlers competing, or the guy who earned the spot desires to compete, even if injured?

44 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I understand your point of view I just don't agree.  Maybe that frees me of my shame, maybe not.  But what I'm reading is that you feel the priorities in this should be: your opinion there are several athletes who would beat a less than 100% Zain, and your desire to know his recovery....over Zain's priorities of recovering the best he can to compete in the tournament he earned the right to compete in (to this point).  If Zain is 65% and for him that is good enough to go, and the Doctor clears him to go.....he should go.  No other priority outweighs that in my opinion.  And us wrestling fans' desire to know what his status is in no way shape or form going to effect his recovery, and as much as we'd like to know, its none of our business.  We are not entitled to or obligated to know.  

In your last sentence.....which side should carry more weight?  Your desire to see other healthy wrestlers competing, or the guy who earned the spot desires to compete, even if injured?

You're good.

I am all aboard the Zain Train. He is my fav 65kger we have.

You're absolutely correct. Much of that is my opinion and does not matter.

That Being said I wish our US team went 5 deep and they had some sort of ongoing challenge system or depth chart where if someone was hurt our TEAM could send the best avail rep.

Edited by nhs67
I'm an idiot

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You're good.

I am all aboard the Zain Train. He is my fav 65lber we have.

You're absolutely correct. Much of thatnisbmy opinion and does not matter

You're good.

I am all aboard the Zain Train. He is my fav 65lber we have.

You're absolutely correct. Much of that is my opinion and does not matter.

That Being said I wish our US team went 5 deep and they had some sort of ongoing challenge system or depth chart where if someone was hurt our TEAM could send the best avail rep.

I'm not sure I understand your first little section.   But as to the last, we do have a depth chart.  It's our National Team.  There's a #1, 2, and 3.  That's precisely why they have the true third matches at trials.

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm not sure I understand your first little section.   But as to the last, we do have a depth chart.  It's our National Team.  There's a #1, 2, and 3.  That's precisely why they have the true third matches at trials.

I meant 65kg not 65lber.

What I meant was I prefer a more animated depth chart.

If someone gets hurt we have a ladder tournament(4 v 5 winner vs 3, then winner vs 2) over the span of a few weeks or so.

Options to wrestleoff monthly, etc.

I have fat fingers. I'll edit original post for clarity.

So if someone gets hurt over a two weeks out for the tournament, we should have a ladder tournament and they should have to wrestle up each other again, on short notice, to nullify the standings from the world team trials in which they placed themselves on the National Team? Or just keep having wrestle offs monthly?  This doesn't even happen in a college season where they are all in the same room every day.  Surely you don't think these are more logical ways to do it.

The lb/kg was not the part I wasn't understanding.

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So if someone gets hurt over a two weeks out for the tournament, we should have a ladder tournament and they should have to wrestle up each other again, on short notice, to nullify the standings from the world team trials in which they placed themselves on the National Team? Or just keep having wrestle offs monthly?  This doesn't even happen in a college season where they are all in the same room every day.  Surely you don't think these are more logical ways to do it.

Timing should be considered and stipulations can always be put in and made clear.  2 weeks out, have 2 go.  3 weeks out have 2/3 wrestle off.  4 weeks out have 3/4 wrestle off then wrestle off with 2.  5 weeks out have 4/5 wrestle off then winner face 3, then that winner face 2. All one week apart.

It wouldn't be that difficult to write out, it would be more difficult to get folks to buy into it, even if it would be our best shot at putting our best product out there.

I am sure there are more logical ways to go about it.  A monthly challenge system would do it, or a challenge system where once a month someone can challenge, with exception to injuries, that is.

All I know is saying ONE guy is our rep for the entire year is off, especially with injuries, etc.  The best product is always the tested product. Tried, true, and sharpened.

Edited by nhs67

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Timing should be considered and stipulations can always be put in and made clear.  2 weeks out, have 2 go.  3 weeks out have 2/3 wrestle off.  4 weeks out have 3/4 wrestle off then wrestle off with 2.  5 weeks out have 4/5 wrestle off then winner face 3, then that winner face 2. All one week apart.

It wouldn't be that difficult to write out, it would be more difficult to get folks to buy into it, even if it would be our best shot at putting our best product out there.

I am sure there are more logical ways to go about it.  A monthly challenge system would do it, or a challenge system where once a month someone can challenge, with exception to injuries, that is.

All I know is saying ONE guy is our rep for the entire year is off, especially with injuries, etc.  The best product is always the tested product. Tried, true, and sharpened.

I’ll try to take this step by step. First the wrestle off system you’re coming up with, rather it be just inane honestly. One there’s no reason the guys that just earned their standing in the team trial need or should wrestle off again in the event of #1’s injury. That’s what the trials are for. Two; monthly wrestle offs to yield the desired result would require the athletes to peak every month. Can’t be done. And finally, glad you feel that way about one guy being our rep the entire year, because that’s not the deal. So bonus!  That one guy is our rep for the championship, but we use all National Team athletes, and some not even on the NT, for competitions as well. Regularly even for World Cup and pan ams. 

And none of this really has anything to do with the NLWC coming out to us with Zains injury status. Which is where we started. 

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

actually, this sounds kind of like what they used to do.

constant battles among the top 3 to determine the rep

They used to have a ladder system to determine the rep. But I never heard of a time they had determine the top 3 and then had constant challenges between then and the championships to determine who goes. If that was the process at one time, well I learned something new today. 

53 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’ll try to take this step by step. First the wrestle off system you’re coming up with, rather it be just inane honestly. One there’s no reason the guys that just earned their standing in the team trial need or should wrestle off again in the event of #1’s injury. That’s what the trials are for. Two; monthly wrestle offs to yield the desired result would require the athletes to peak every month. Can’t be done. And finally, glad you feel that way about one guy being our rep the entire year, because that’s not the deal. So bonus!  That one guy is our rep for the championship, but we use all National Team athletes, and some not even on the NT, for competitions as well. Regularly even for World Cup and pan ams. 

And none of this really has anything to do with the NLWC coming out to us with Zains injury status. Which is where we started. 

There is a lot wrong with this.