Sign in to follow this  
nhs67

Tweeners

Per a previous thread, super curious what folks are thinking about our tweeners and here are my thoughts(sticking to those who were at the WTT this year-exception of Garrett, Suriano). Some I am unfamiliar with so based purely off size comparisons.

61)

57-Nico, Fausz, Clark, Graff, Mack, Palmer, Colon, Garrett, Suriano

65-NONE(Whitford?)

70)

65-Mason, Chamberlain, Ashnault

74-Green, Kulchytskyy, Sorensen, Pantaleo, Hidlay, Deakin

79)

74-Dake, Finesilver, Hall

86-Valencia, Ringer, Morelli, Becker, Davis, Harvey

92)

86-Boykin, Macchiavello, Dudley, McCall

97-Cox, Nickal, Zillmer, Moore, Lefever

Edited by nhs67
I'm an idiot

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Per a previous thread, super curious what folks are thinking about our tweeners and here are my thoughts(sticking to those who were at the WTT this year-exception of Garrett, Suriano). Some I am unfamiliar with so based purely off size comparisons.

61)

57-Nico, Fausz, Clark, Graff, Mack, Palmer, Colon, Garrett, Suriano

65-NONE(Whitford?)

70)

65-Mason, Chamberlain, Ashnault

74-Green, Kulchytskyy, Sorensen, Pantaleo, Hidlay, Deakin

79)

74-Dake, Finesilver

86-Valencia, Ringer, Morelli, Becker, Davis, Harvey

92)

86-Boykin, Macchiavello, Dudley, McCall

97-Cox, Nickal, Zillmer, Moore, Lefever

Some guys I’m most curious about aren’t mentioned above. Hall has said he isn’t going 74 again, but I wonder if he’ll reconsider with how many monsters are up at 86. I mean he can’t beat someone who I consider to be the 4th or 5th best guy at 86 (Zahid). Plus Nickal specifically said he didn’t go 86 this year because he didn’t want to go for the same spot as Taylor. Hall would likely be the 6th seed and his path to winning the spot would be absolutely absurd. If that tournament was seeded today and Hall got a 6th seed he might literally have beat Zahid, Ringer, Taylor and then Cox in the finals. I’d personally give him a 2% chance at pulling that off. His odds at 74 would be substantially higher. Do I see him beating Dake or JB? No. But I could see him getting through everyone else and who knows what happens. Both Dake and JB are on the backside of their careers...maybe Dake doesn’t come back from this injury in his same form and JB is going to be 32 years old.

Then again who knows. Cox could very well go 97 and maybe Ringer beats Dake in the upcoming wrestle-off, smells blood and follows him down to 74. 

7 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Some guys I’m most curious about aren’t mentioned above. Hall has said he isn’t going 74 again, but I wonder if he’ll reconsider with how many monsters are up at 86. I mean he can’t beat someone who I consider to be the 4th or 5th best guy at 86 (Zahid). Plus Nickal specifically said he didn’t go 86 this year because he didn’t want to go for the same spot as Taylor. Hall would likely be the 6th seed and his path to winning the spot would be absolutely absurd. If that tournament was seeded today and Hall got a 6th seed he might literally have beat Zahid, Ringer, Taylor and then Cox in the finals. I’d personally give him a 2% chance at pulling that off. His odds at 74 would be substantially higher. Do I see him beating Dake or JB? No. But I could see him getting through everyone else and who knows what happens. Both Dake and JB are on the backside of their careers...maybe Dake doesn’t come back from this injury in his same form and JB is going to be 32 years old.

Then again who knows. Cox could very well go 97 and maybe Ringer beats Dake in the upcoming wrestle-off, smells blood and follows him down to 74. 

You're absolutely correct on my whiff on Hall. I believe he descends.

I Will adjust OP.

34 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I don’t know if Graff can make 57. He looks sucked down pretty low at 61. Most of the others look right, but I do think Cox will end up going down to 86

He was one I was on the fence with and I believe 2020 will be his last go.

He was 57 in 2016 and was on the team iirc.

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He was one I was on the fence with and I believe 2020 will be his last go.

He was 57 in 2016 and was on the team iirc.

Yeah I agree it will likely be his last year so he may try to make the cut to 57. I just think it will be really tough for him to be affective there. It’s probably his best shot to be an Olympian though so you are probably right that he goes for it. Six weights sucks!