nom

Poland Open Tourney Aug 2-4

2 minutes ago, DoubleHalf said:

Looked like in Musukaev’s last match he may have tweaked his knee. Is anyone able to confirm if it was a forfeit due to injury? 

Hungary coach came out and gave an X with his arms. Yianni had to point the guy out to the ref.

I scrolled through a lot looking for Yianni's QF and finally found it. Along the way I saw Berreyesa lose his Greco QF at 77 and that Dominic Abounader is wrestling for Lebanon. I watched a lot of the American women as well. I don't know if any of them are still in the top bracket. I saw Leathers and Shia lose in the QF among others. I don't know all the names of the women we sent.

flipping through the brackets, here are the Americans still around:

65 FS Diakomihalis v Ogunnesyan (UKR)(gold)

60 GR LaMont v Gharibyan (ARM) (bronze)

67 GR Flaherty v Orshokdungar (RUS) (bronze)

72 WW Kazem v Burakova (RUS) (bronze) Right after I hit send, Burakova 10-0 over Kazem.

American medalists:

50 WW Fearnside 7-0 over Islamova Brik (KAZ) for gold

55 WW Winchester 8-0 over Parrish (USA) for bronze

55 GR Nowry 5-4 over Cankaya (TUR) for bronze

63 GR Mango default over Rahman (TUR) for bronze

72 GR Bunker 7-5 over Ahmet (TUR) for bronze

82 GR Sheridan default over Movsar (RUS) for bronze 

Edited by ugarte

5 hours ago, ugarte said:

scared of the gas tank!

... or maybe he believes Yanni will win the arbitration v Zain to become the world team member.  Musukaev was pulling a "Chamizo" - didn't want to give Yanni another look prior to worlds.

I thought the session was starting at 8 but it was at 7. Yianni is the first match on mat 2. Yianni 9-8. Not sure where his 9th point came from and neither was the Ukranian but he had already lost his challenge brick by asking for an early 2 to be scored a 4. A win is a win but his defense was not great.

Yianni wins 9-8.

Ukr his a sweet trip right off the bat.  Yianni somehow did not give up 4 but it was damn close.  Ukraine Review went in his favor so 1-2.

From there Yianni hit some nice TDs but there was scrambling and he also gave up some exposure.  

Mat one point it looked like UKR had a cradle.  Yianni said, ‘ok, me too’ and got his own cradle.  Can hear the Polish announcers voice rise in surprise, disbelief.  Didn’t work for Yianni - he got exposed off it.  

There were two times I was afraid of a touch fall call against Yianni during the match.  

Close one.  With some wild situations.  Yianni’s funky defense causes these situations.  Entertaining bout.

Yianni wins 9-8.
Ukr his a sweet trip right off the bat.  Yianni somehow did not give up 4 but it was damn close.  Ukraine Review went in his favor so 1-2.
From there Yianni hit some nice TDs but there was scrambling and he also gave up some exposure.  
Mat one point it looked like UKR had a cradle.  Yianni said, ‘ok, me too’ and got his own cradle.  Can hear the Polish announcers voice rise in surprise, disbelief.  Didn’t work for Yianni - he got exposed off it.  
There were two times I was afraid of a touch fall call against Yianni during the match.  
Close one.  With some wild situations.  Yianni’s funky defense causes these situations.  Entertaining bout.

Yianni did almost all the offensive attacks while the Ukrainian was waiting to counter.

A tough style match up for Yianni. A tough bout for sure. Nice win kid.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nom said:

I had fun listening to those guys - I can't understand a word of Polish, but the tone of voice pretty much told the story!

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

I thought the session was starting at 8 but it was at 7. Yianni is the first match on mat 2. Yianni 9-8. Not sure where his 9th point came from and neither was the Ukranian but he had already lost his challenge brick by asking for an early 2 to be scored a 4. A win is a win but his defense was not great.

How good is the Ukranian?  Any respectable prior UWW senior results?