Sign in to follow this  
freestyle_fan

2019 World Championships - Top Contender, Challengers and Underdog

22 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

Dagestan official wrestling website released preview on 61kg -  59% was given to Idrisov and 20% to Bonnie (CUB) on winning GOLD

51a4065b140ff91cfe9baf81eedb2ddb.jpg

fcc391d22c97b6ea110779d1e05d9389.jpg

I think Idrisov is a safe bet.  He lost at the European Championships this year to Topal.  But he is the best we have at 61kg right now by far.  

On 8/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, freestyle_fan said:

I heard Russia 125kg rep - Anzor Khizreiv is Injured and mostly likely will be replaced by Bilyal Makhov.

Khizriev will be replaced by Khugaev.  Not sure why Makhov isn't going.  He placed higher in Poland; unless Tedeev didn't like the fact that Makhov forfeited in the final.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, sidakova4991 said:

Khizriev will be replaced by Khugaev.  Not sure why Makhov isn't going.  He placed higher in Poland; unless Tedeev didn't like the fact that Makhov forfeited in the final.

I think the fact that Khugaev won Russian Nationals and Makhov did not enter the tournament was probably a big factor in not considering Makhov for the world team. 

3 hours ago, The Genius said:

Reza Yazdani (97kg) and Parviz Hadi (125kg) are out for Iran. 

Thanks, updated my original post, removed Reza Yazdani from 97kg and Hadi from 125kg. With Reza Yazdani withdrawing, I have suspicion whether he is going to come back to international stage ever again, just my opinion. All along, i was thinking it was a good opportunity for Reza considering he was away for a long time due injuries etc, but he himself withdrawing makes me think he probably may not be back for international stage again.

12 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

Thanks, updated my original post, removed Reza Yazdani from 97kg and Hadi from 125kg. With Reza Yazdani withdrawing, I have suspicion whether he is going to come back to international stage ever again, just my opinion. All along, i was thinking it was a good opportunity for Reza considering he was away for a long time due injuries etc, but he himself withdrawing makes me think he probably may not be back for international stage again.

Unfortunately I agree. He is too much of a liability now with his age and injuries. Time for Shabani to step up, I think he has just as much of a chance to get a Bronze here as Yazdani did. 

The options for Iran at 125kg are very weak, so Hadi is a big loss (Mohebbi will replace him). 

Edited by The Genius

Good list by the OP. 

I'd add Harutyunya from Armenia to the list of contenders at 61.  The Armenian is young but won the European championship earlier this year at 61 and looked pretty good in the second half of that match. 

Are we even sure Bonne is going to go 61kg?  In 2015 he cut to 57kg to try to qualify the weight for the Olympics for Cuba.  Not sure if he can make that cut this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is at either 57kg or 65kg.

2 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

looks like Gatsalov did not make it into Armenia world team for Nur-Sultan, no further details, but just read on twitter tweet by 

That's too bad to hear... I was just going to ask about Gatsalov, I only come out of the woods this time of year to follow worlds and hadn't realized he was going to compete.  

On 9/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, rpm002 said:

Are we even sure Bonne is going to go 61kg?  In 2015 he cut to 57kg to try to qualify the weight for the Olympics for Cuba.  Not sure if he can make that cut this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is at either 57kg or 65kg.

Bonne is entered at 61kg, according to the UWW site.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:47 AM, airmail said:

That's too bad to hear... I was just going to ask about Gatsalov, I only come out of the woods this time of year to follow worlds and hadn't realized he was going to compete.  

thats because he isn´t cleared to fight as far as I know.

Same with Conyedo Ruano and Kudiiamagomedov from Italy. They had the permisson to start for the country but havn´t received the passports yet.

I guess they do things faster in Hungary, Musukaev and Kuramagomedov will compete =)

17 minutes ago, smn23 said:

thats because he isn´t cleared to fight as far as I know.

Same with Conyedo Ruano and Kudiiamagomedov from Italy. They had the permisson to start for the country but havn´t received the passports yet.

I guess they do things faster in Hungary, Musukaev and Kuramagomedov will compete =)

can you elaborate on this please? Conyedo has travled to and competed in 7 different countries while representing Italy. Kudii has been to three. How could they be cleared to compete in world and euro championships in 2018 but not the 2019 world championships?

1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

can you elaborate on this please? Conyedo has travled to and competed in 7 different countries while representing Italy. Kudii has been to three. How could they be cleared to compete in world and euro championships in 2018 but not the 2019 world championships?

I'm not sure but it seems an Olympic qualification event has stricter rules , they also didn't participate at the European Games which also had some strict naturalization rules.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, Jaroslav Hasek said:

As far as I know (and heard) they just did the UWW transfer = Permission to fight for italy but don´t have a italian passport (yet)! In romania and hungary it is way easier to get it done. Saritov 2016(ROU), Musukaev and Kuramagamedov (HUN) in 2019.

Not 100% on Kudii because he was also injured!

23 hours ago, wrestfan said:

I'm not sure but it seems an Olympic qualification event has stricter rules , they also didn't participate at the European Games which also had some strict naturalization rules.

you a right my friend!

Edited by smn23

2 hours ago, smn23 said:

As far as I know (and heard) they just did the UWW transfer = Permission to fight for italy but don´t have a italian passport (yet)! In romania and hungary is way easier to get it done. Saritov 2016(ROU), Musukaev and Kuramagamedov (HUN) in 2019.

Not 100% on Kudii because he was also injured!

you a right my friend!

gotcha - thanks guys, appreciate the info!

Man I have not been on boards in awhile. Was excited to hear old guys Gatsalov and Yazdani were in at 97k. Why did they tease me like that!!!! Reza was always a suspect for roids. Dominated some top guys early in season  then at worlds and Olympics he looks human. I don't think it was a coincidence. Gats was always honorable. Never thought he ever cheated-love that guy!!!!  To bad he could not make it. 

Edited by PRyan2012

20 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

Man I have not been on boards in awhile. Was excited to hear old guys Gatsalov and Yazdani were in at 97k. Why did they tease me like that!!!! Reza was always a suspect for roids. Dominated some top guys early in season  then at worlds and Olympics he looks human. I don't think it was a coincidence. Gats was always honorable. Never thought he ever cheated-love that guy!!!!  To bad he could not make it. 

4x World medalist (2x World Champion) = looks human

Okay.

26 minutes ago, The Genius said:

4x World medalist (2x World Champion) = looks human

Okay.

I agree. Just suspect is all I am saying. He destroyed people during the year and then has close matches at worlds and Olympics or gets hurt sometimes badly. I think he was cycling up until 6 weeks before. Just my opinion. The testing is tougher now so he probably knew he would get busted and pulled out. Not sure why Gatsalov pulled out? Maybe he was on it also. I mean look all the way back to 2012 Olympics. Yazdani had a major injury. No way to get that knee back to competing on this level without the juice at his age. Sorry been around to long to be naïve. It is well known that many were cheating. Still many were not caught either. But many were not cheating. The new tests are tough to beat thankfully.  

Edited by PRyan2012

5 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

I agree. Just suspect is all I am saying. He destroyed people during the year and then has close matches at worlds and Olympics or gets hurt sometimes badly. I think he was cycling up until 6 weeks before. Just my opinion. The testing is tougher now so he probably knew he would get busted and pulled out. Not sure why Gatsalov pulled out? Maybe he was on it also. I mean look all the way back to 2012 Olympics. Yazdani had a major injury. No way to get that knee back to competing on this level without the juice at his age. Sorry been around to long to be naïve. It is well known that many were cheating. Still many were not caught either. But many were not cheating. The new tests are tough to beat thankfully.  

4x world medalist and 2x world champion had close matches at worlds? Must be PEDs...

Reza only withdrew a few weeks ago, I don't know of any drug test changes that were implemented two weeks ago.