Sign in to follow this  
freestyle_fan

2019 World Championships - Top Contender, Challengers and Underdog

2 minutes ago, The Genius said:

4x world medalist and 2x world champion had close matches at worlds? Must be PEDs...

Reza only withdrew a few weeks ago, I don't know of any drug test changes that were implemented two weeks ago. 

Listen I have watched Reza since he was a young pup training with Heydari and was 185 and much thinner! Was 0-7 against Sajidov and Ketov in 2004 through 2007. Bumped up and starts thrashing people after a layoff in 2011. I could be wrong. I wanted to see him take on Snyder even though Snyder probably wins easily now. 

Your summation of Yazdani's career is incorrect. With the way you're acting you'd think he destroys people during the year at random tournaments but was a 0 x world medalist. I can actually recall a wrestler who fits this exact description - Brent Metcalf. Was he cycling off at worlds? Yazdani won 2 world championships and looked great in 2012  and probably would have got gold but got injured. Its not like he got destroyed by a nobody. 2016 they stole a clear takedown from him against Gazyumov. Snyder beat Gaz in a close match with a pushout.  The officials  easily could have decided to not give that pushout to Snyder and Gaz would have been Olympic champ.

This year he was not particularly dominant. He only won the Asian championships and even then the final was close. 

On the other hand you guys have to realise this is Olympic level sports. Its foolish to be overly defensive when an athlete gets accused of using PEDs. I guarantee all the top teams have multiple guys using/have used at some point. 

14 minutes ago, freestyle_fan said:

@Shiraz123 - Deepak Punia made it to Finals in 86kg ;-)

I have to say outside of a few faces 86 is very very bad weight. Most of the good wrestlers are from the same country so you don't see them at worlds. If Punia wins gold I will send you 500 dollars.