Fletcher

Colby Covington in college?

12 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

He wrestled freshman year at Iowa Central. Transferred to Iowa where he redshirted. Wrestled for part of sophomore year at Iowa. Then transferred to Oregon State where he wrestled two years. 

Am I getting this right? 

Yes - He is on the roster for Iowa his sophomore year but there were no results. That is most likely the result of his suspension. At that time Iowa had Morningstar and Borschel at 165 and 174. So in the end - true freshman juco nat. champ, redshirt, sophomore no results, junior NCAA qualifier, Senior 5th at NCAA. 

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yes - He is on the roster for Iowa his sophomore year but there were no results. That is most likely the result of his suspension. At that time Iowa had Morningstar and Borschel at 165 and 174. So in the end - true freshman juco nat. champ, redshirt, sophomore no results, junior NCAA qualifier, Senior 5th at NCAA. 

from the oregon state bio I linked earlier

IOWA
Lettered one year at Iowa as a redshirt sophomore under head coach Tom Brands at 165 pounds ... Went 9-2 ... Won the 165 pound title at Flash Flanagan and Grand View Opens ... Five of his nine wins were bonus point matches.

2 hours ago, KTG119 said:

from the oregon state bio I linked earlier

IOWA
Lettered one year at Iowa as a redshirt sophomore under head coach Tom Brands at 165 pounds ... Went 9-2 ... Won the 165 pound title at Flash Flanagan and Grand View Opens ... Five of his nine wins were bonus point matches.

Yes I have already stated this twice - I am well aware of this - you are not following the progression - so lets see If you can figure it out. 

True Freshman - Juco Nat. Champ

Redshirt sophomore - 9-2 at Iowa - Lettered (as mentioned several times)

Sophmore Year - The missing year - Now lets see if you can read the article posted, his suspension, the fact that he was on the Iowa roster and figure out what I already said. Not trying to be a jerk, but you are confusing his redshirt y ear with his actual sophomore year. 

Junior - At Oregon State - NCAA Qualifier

Senior - At Oregon State - 5th at NCAA

Fun Colby story... After he left Iowa him and Billy Murphy came back and were doing some local small fights. I can't remember who was fighting and who was the corner man (or maybe they were both on the 'card') but the fight was scheduled for July and they showed up in June for it. 

Luckily, they were in Iowa City so there was plenty of beer to drink instead.