38 minutes ago, PAFAN01 said:

Can someone post a real seating chart or is it not available?

The seat map for US bank stadium would show you all the seats.If your asking for a layout of where the mats will be they haven't decided yet

3 hours ago, justafan said:

The seat map for US bank stadium would show you all the seats.If your asking for a layout of where the mats will be they haven't decided yet

So a lot of noise over speculation!!!

12 minutes ago, PAFAN01 said:

So a lot of noise over speculation!!!

I believe the noise is because they will use the whole stadium.The original plan was to only use half the stadium.Now that they will use it all the mats are gonna be so far away your gonna be watching on big screen TV and a App on your phone.

Please correct me if I have facts wrong, which I freely admit that I might, but this is my understanding.

They have already sold the seats -- for the whole stadium, not just one side.  So that means that, regardless of the mat configurations, many people will be MUCH further away from at least some mats than has ever been the case before.  

In pictures I've seen of this stadium, it doesn't have a video screen in the middle of the field (unlike a lot of other domes and basketball/hockey arenas).  That means, I think, that attendees also won't realistically be able to have a good view on a video screen.  That's because the screens that you can see if sitting facing forward in your seat will be all the way on the other side of the stadium and probably not of much use, or at least not nearly as user friendly as the boards at arenas like Cleveland and Pittsburgh, where they are not as far away, and they're also right over the mat(s), which is the direction you'd want to be looking so you can easily switch from live action to the video board.

Based on what I know, this strikes me as a bad choice.  If they wanted to use a dome, they should have picked one where the stadium was designed so that you could have  the competition on one end (like Syracuse basketball or what Iowa did with its outdoor wrestling match) and seated more than 24,000 people (the number quoted above which would have been the limit in this dome in such a configuration).  Or at least one with a video board over the competition surface.  

I'm also not confident that this was necessary to make the event more accessible.  I know that people have been frustrated the last couple of years by the method of ticket allotments, but at this year's finals in a hotbed of wrestling, tickets were available outside the arena before the wrestling started at or near face value (including for the finals). 

Also, why not try a more gradual approach to higher seating capacity, starting with holding the event in Chicago during one of the years when the Big Ten basketball championship is in Indy (different weekend but I assume that, without having to accommodate that multi-day tournament for basketball, the wrestling could be scheduled around the Bulls and Blackhawks).  The United Center is a much bigger arena, over 22,000 for hockey, with a great video board in the middle.  

Believe me when I say that I hope my pessimism is misplaced and I'm proven wrong because I don't want to waste half a week next year when I'm there.  But this seems like bad judgment to me.  A lot of people (like me) pay a lot of money and plan around being able to enjoy this experience, and I think that most of them are going to have that experience diminished next year, and I think that if more thought had gone into this in the manner discussed above it wouldn't have had to be that way.

46 minutes ago, drag it said:

I'm also not confident that this was necessary to make the event more accessible.  I know that people have been frustrated the last couple of years by the method of ticket allotments, but at this year's finals in a hotbed of wrestling, tickets were available outside the arena before the wrestling started at or near face value (including for the finals). 

I saw folks on every wrestling board I frequent selling tiks as well.

45 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Are you sure there's no overhead video?

merlin_153167103_f0276816-45d3-4218-857c

Nope, not sure; hence the first words of my post -- "Please correct me if I have facts wrong, which I freely admit that I might."

Your picture is potentially good news -- necessary, really, since without such a board the event will probably be ridiculous.  

I wonder if they have a retrcactable screen they use other than football? The only pictures I had found had no center board:

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+bank+stadium+video+boards&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiFodP0r_njAhWMqZ4KHSBbBxoQ_AUoAXoECBAQAQ&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=X9svXHaama6esM

I wasn't trying to knock anyone, was just asking. I saw several pictures of the place and most did not show the board. 

I'd be pleased as punch if they have one as it shows. (this  used to be the site of the Hubert Humphrey stadium so I used one of his lines!) 

There is another site visit coming up next week which there will be numerous people (myself included) that will finalize the layout.  Contrary to what some people want to say here, the fan experience is very important to the NCAA and so they are trying to find the perfect balance.  Will this be a different fan experience than before? Yes,  but it is also something that is pretty exciting to see and something that could be pretty special. IMO, The opportunity to have 40K plus fans to attend the championships is something we should celebrate.  It has been made pretty clear this is not something that will happen on a regular basis but a non-traditional site or location is something we might see once every bid cycle. Like anything in life, you can find the negative and say why its not going to work or look and find the positive and what it might bring.   

On 8/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, PT said:

There is another site visit coming up next week which there will be numerous people (myself included) that will finalize the layout.  Contrary to what some people want to say here, the fan experience is very important to the NCAA and so they are trying to find the perfect balance.  Will this be a different fan experience than before? Yes,  but it is also something that is pretty exciting to see and something that could be pretty special. IMO, The opportunity to have 40K plus fans to attend the championships is something we should celebrate.  It has been made pretty clear this is not something that will happen on a regular basis but a non-traditional site or location is something we might see once every bid cycle. Like anything in life, you can find the negative and say why its not going to work or look and find the positive and what it might bring.   

Edited by TFBJR
Striving for positivity

30 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

You have sold the tickets prior to setting the layout, although in Pittsburgh your advance team showed us the layout diagrams??  Shills?

"the fan experience is very important to the NCAA" - this is a ludicrous statement.  The experience is absolutely going to suffer inversely to the dollars generated.  To advertise that you can watch on an app and on a screen like it is a selling point is duplicitous at best.   Anyone can do that at home on better quality video devices - of course you don't get the ticket revenue in that scenario. 

Perfect balance??  Between what - more dollars to the soulless NCAA and how far you can push sports fans before they revolt?   You may have overshot on this one. 

That it won't happen regularly has not been made pretty clear.  I believe the message was that if this works it may get adopted regularly. 

In your opinion we should celebrate 40,000 attendees?  Is your opinion shaded by any compensation from the NCAA.  Fans will be egregiously far from the center mat - but you can cite that they are in 100 seating, whatever that means.  You have taken it upon your greedy selves to destroy the experience, at least own it. Should we be even more excited by 60,000?  80,000,  Maybe the Rose Bowl in 2022?  Step away from the punch bowl. 

That canard about "Don't be negative - look for the bright side" is a tired trope intended to shut down legitimate criticism.    There is a whole blank page right at the bottom here .  Please use it to identify the bright side for those of us who are less enlightened.  SMDH. 

It's bad enough to get screwed, but to repeatedly have to hear how we don't understand how great this is going to be adds insult to injury  

You're not getting screwed because you have the option not to go.  There are a good number of people that go, to any sporting event, for the experience as much as the good view.  Pretty much every single big sporting event has people sitting really far away from the action, so far the athletes look like ants, but they go for the experience.  Same will happen in Minnesota.  Nobody is getting screwed.  You have the option not to go.  You have the option to wait to buy the ticket until you see what the layout will be.  You have the option to just buy a ticket and where ever is where ever. Lots of options.  The good news is, everyone has a choice of whether or not to purchase, so they are not getting screwed.  Sounds like your best option is just to wait until 2021, cuz you don't seem to interested in going this year.

Edited by Lurker

3 hours ago, TFBJR said:

You have sold the tickets prior to setting the layout, although in Pittsburgh your advance team showed us the layout diagrams??  Shills?

"the fan experience is very important to the NCAA" - this is a ludicrous statement.  The experience is absolutely going to suffer inversely to the dollars generated.  To advertise that you can watch on an app and on a screen like it is a selling point is duplicitous at best.   Anyone can do that at home on better quality video devices - of course you don't get the ticket revenue in that scenario. 

Perfect balance??  Between what - more dollars to the soulless NCAA and how far you can push sports fans before they revolt?   You may have overshot on this one. 

That it won't happen regularly has not been made pretty clear.  I believe the message was that if this works it may get adopted regularly. 

In your opinion we should celebrate 40,000 attendees?  Is your opinion shaded by any compensation from the NCAA.  Fans will be egregiously far from the center mat - but you can cite that they are in 100 seating, whatever that means.  You have taken it upon your greedy selves to destroy the experience, at least own it. Should we be even more excited by 60,000?  80,000,  Maybe the Rose Bowl in 2022?  Step away from the punch bowl. 

That canard about "Don't be negative - look for the bright side" is a tired trope intended to shut down legitimate criticism.    There is a whole blank page right at the bottom here .  Please use it to identify the bright side for those of us who are less enlightened.  SMDH. 

It's bad enough to get screwed, but to repeatedly have to hear how we don't understand how great this is going to be adds insult to injury  

I’ve been to several venues over the years and the most common complaint is ticket locations and allocated tickets for teams. Am I apprehensive that this year won’t be ideal...you bet I am. 

I am keeping an open mind and will be there listening and watching. Will there be some hiccups- yes, will there be lessons learned- yes but I am excited to see how they present the product. Too often everyone is on this board squawking about how we need to get more fans involved to grow the sport but now that there is a larger venue people are questioning the decision. I say enjoy the tournament and trust that it will result in a better product in the future. 

On 8/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, PinFallRecruit said:

Very helpful, thanks!  Hopefully they can and will use it again next March.  It would be unfortunate if they have it in normal size arenas where most fans don't need it, while not having it in a dome. 

Advanced issues found

7 hours ago, TFBJR said:

I don't get why you bought tickets. what did you expect what happen when they announced the tournament would be held in a football stadium?

1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

I don't get why you bought tickets. what did you expect what happen when they announced the tournament would be held in a football stadium?

Exactly.  The second I saw this was going to be in a football stadium in Minnesota I knew this was a stay at home year for me. I think this will be a great thing for fans who have not been able to afford tickets the past couple of years, but of course the quality of the fan experience for people who want to watch the wrestling will be worse.  There are some fans who will like the atmosphere of being in a big stadium and setting attendance records (my guess is people who aren't from cities where there are professional sports teams will like the novelty of a big stadium experience), so for them it should be a good time.

Edited by Billyhoyle

15 hours ago, JoeNP said:

I’ve been to several venues over the years and the most common complaint is ticket locations and allocated tickets for teams. Am I apprehensive that this year won’t be ideal...you bet I am. 

I am keeping an open mind and will be there listening and watching. Will there be some hiccups- yes, will there be lessons learned- yes but I am excited to see how they present the product. Too often everyone is on this board squawking about how we need to get more fans involved to grow the sport but now that there is a larger venue people are questioning the decision. I say enjoy the tournament and trust that it will result in a better product in the future. 

Well said.  

Above post by PT makes me nervous. It's basically an admission that the view won't be as good as past years - that's fundamental to the fan experience.

To the people who respond to these concerns with "quit complaining and just don't go" - that's a bad take. My kids do dumb things every now and then, but I don't put them up for adoption. Likewise, I'm not going to pass up on one of my favorite events just because the planning decisions are headed in the wrong direction.

People planning this should know that the viewing experience is important to fans. This is not like football or basketball where you get casual fans who enjoy large crowds and oversized stadiums - wrestling fans are hard-core and seeing the action is critical.

23 hours ago, PT said:

Going rate for section F1 thru F5 with online brokers is $1K-1.5K for all-sesson tix. Any sense of what the view will be like from there? How do you think this view compares to front-section seats in past years? Is the issue that we'll be able to see mats right in front of us just as well as in past years but view of other mats will be challenging? Will these sections be front & center for the finals?

Just trying to get a sense of how this will be different from past years - in other words, does the size of the venue affect only the nosebleed seats or will it affect views from all seats (due to mats being more spread out)?

9 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Going rate for section F1 thru F5 with online brokers is $1K-1.5K for all-sesson tix. Any sense of what the view will be like from there? How do you think this view compares to front-section seats in past years? Is the issue that we'll be able to see mats right in front of us just as well as in past years but view of other mats will be challenging? Will these sections be front & center for the finals?

Just trying to get a sense of how this will be different from past years - in other words, does the size of the venue affect only the nosebleed seats or will it affect views from all seats (due to mats being more spread out)?

What is Section F1 / F5 - Floor seating?  I do not see those on the seating map for US Bank Arena?  Will these go to universities and "dignitaries"?