24 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

What is Section F1 / F5 - Floor seating?  I do not see those on the seating map for US Bank Arena?  Will these go to universities and "dignitaries"? 

Prime Sports has these sections listed on its stadium chart - these sections appear to be front and center. Now that you mention it, though, if the F stands for "floor", then that could mean a poor view of any mats other than the one directly in front of that section. That could be concerning.

1 minute ago, TFBJR said:

There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night

If I knew the way...

That's pretty ridiculous changing the seating charts!  

Edited by Mphillips

26 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Looks like they changed the seating chart and what used to be the front section (130) has now been moved back to make room for 5 sections of Prime seating.  So what I thought was a prime seat as per the US Bank Arena web site is now second tier.  You can't make this stuff up. 

There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night

FWIW, I've had floor seats before and they're inferior to  the proper stadium seats. You can't look down on the action and people in front of you always standing up. As long as Sec. 130 is raised stadium seating, I don't think addition of these sections should impact your view (again, assuming F means floor level).

Edited by Fletcher

14 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

The chart I looked at when I purchased the tickets was Center Stage (below).  Note section 130 - front row, 50 yard line.  If they've sold F1-F5 seats then they may have used a football seating chart (note the orange section 130 in the second map - clearly inferior).  Once again, this is on the spectrum of misleading to duplicitous.   

I'm done beating this drum.  Happy to buy a beer in Minny for anyone who had to read all of this pablum. 

arena-map-blank.png

image.png.ba222f6d1a98c97b147478697edf5e64.png

That first seating chart is US Bank arena in Cincinnatti!  https://usbankarena.com/seating

Also, F just seems to be a continuation of the 100 section but identified differently. V is the same way but right above the F section. At least on one side. On the other, there is no F but only V. 

You can kind of see some of the views here - https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/U.S.+Bank+Stadium/level/1/Field+Level/

Edited by PinFallRecruit

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Above post by PT makes me nervous. It's basically an admission that the view won't be as good as past years - that's fundamental to the fan experience.

To the people who respond to these concerns with "quit complaining and just don't go" - that's a bad take. My kids do dumb things every now and then, but I don't put them up for adoption. Likewise, I'm not going to pass up on one of my favorite events just because the planning decisions are headed in the wrong direction.

People planning this should know that the viewing experience is important to fans. This is not like football or basketball where you get casual fans who enjoy large crowds and oversized stadiums - wrestling fans are hard-core and seeing the action is critical.

A few things:  It is definitely going to be a different fan experience than what was before. You are not going to be right on top of the mat. 

I am not sure where you are getting the idea that planning is going in the wrong direction.  

The people planning this are fully aware of the fan experience and how important that it is. To say they don't would be completely false.  I think there is opportunity to do something special by putting 40K plus in an arena.This would be a great thing to celebrate for the sport but it will come some changes in the experience.  The good news for all the traditionalist it is back in a normal facility for the next couple years.  

51 minutes ago, PT said:

A few things:  It is definitely going to be a different fan experience than what was before. You are not going to be right on top of the mat. 

I am not sure where you are getting the idea that planning is going in the wrong direction.  

The people planning this are fully aware of the fan experience and how important that it is. To say they don't would be completely false.  I think there is opportunity to do something special by putting 40K plus in an arena.This would be a great thing to celebrate for the sport but it will come some changes in the experience.  The good news for all the traditionalist it is back in a normal facility for the next couple years.  

My reference to "wrong direction" relates to your prior sentence - seats will be farther away.

I'm not sure the NCAA realizes that upper deck seats have been available outside the stadium for face value at all past tournaments, including for the finals round. Putting this in a bigger arena may boost attendance...or may just mean more empty seats. 

2 hours ago, PT said:

My last comments on this until March 2020:   I value your calm demeanor and rational responses.  I was not intending to attack you personally, although I do not have a high regard for the NCAA in general.  I view the top of that organization and the heads of the Big 5 athletic conferences (NCAA Mark Emmert $3.9M in 2017,  B1G Jim Delany $5.5M, Pac-12 Larry Scott $5.2M, Big 12 Bob Bowlsby $4.1 M, ACC John Swofford $3.5 million, SEC Greg Sankey $2 million) as a bunch of old white guys pulling in astronomical salaries and perks while college kids deliver the mail, go without meals, and are unable to take a favor from a friend.   That being said I appreciate your team's efforts to make this the best it can be. 

You've been dealt a bad hand.  For combat sports, to be on top of the mat is the goal.  Everything that takes you further away is a detriment that can't be washed away with apps or monitors.  No one, unless they are drawing revenue, has any interest in setting records or having 40,00 people in close proximity. 

Good luck, we are counting on you. 

17 hours ago, PT said:

Unreal post.  "You won't be able to see the match.  I don't see what the problem is because you will be surrounded by 39,999 other people who won't be able to see either."  

I guess it will make a nice instagram/twitter post for the event. 

14 hours ago, TFBJR said:

My last comments on this until March 2020:   I value your calm demeanor and rational responses.  I was not intending to attack you personally, although I do not have a high regard for the NCAA in general.  I view the top of that organization and the heads of the Big 5 athletic conferences (NCAA Mark Emmert $3.9M in 2017,  B1G Jim Delany $5.5M, Pac-12 Larry Scott $5.2M, Big 12 Bob Bowlsby $4.1 M, ACC John Swofford $3.5 million, SEC Greg Sankey $2 million) as a bunch of old white guys pulling in astronomical salaries and perks while college kids deliver the mail, go without meals, and are unable to take a favor from a friend.   That being said I appreciate your team's efforts to make this the best it can be. 

You've been dealt a bad hand.  For combat sports, to be on top of the mat is the goal.  Everything that takes you further away is a detriment that can't be washed away with apps or monitors.  No one, unless they are drawing revenue, has any interest in setting records or having 40,00 people in close proximity. 

Good luck, we are counting on you. 

Well the only reason the NCAA has so much money from their TV deals-the reason these administrators have such high salaries- is because there are people who are "fans" of college teams (myself included).  If you think about it, it's a ludicrous system for people to actually care about the sports teams of educational institutions more than they care about the classes/research there.  So the only ones to blame are ourselves and our stupid society (to which i contribute).  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Why give 18,000 people a good experience when you can give 40,000 a bad one? So far the only reason I’ve heard for doing this is to be able to brag about record crowds and take photos of all these people watching matches on a video board.

Also, nobody will be able to see the scoreboards for the mats.

As to scoreboards, they might be able to put all 8 on the videoboards. Hopefully the one above the floor so you don't have to look away. Also, with Track and Flo you have the option of monitors at matside rather than the more traditional black cube clocks. Can do similar to World's where they use maybe 50 inch monitors which have great visibility. There would appear to be plenty of room to make this happen.

38 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

As to scoreboards, they might be able to put all 8 on the videoboards. Hopefully the one above the floor so you don't have to look away. Also, with Track and Flo you have the option of monitors at matside rather than the more traditional black cube clocks. Can do similar to World's where they use maybe 50 inch monitors which have great visibility. There would appear to be plenty of room to make this happen.

I'd rather they use old school flip boards.

This is Quicken Loans Arena, site of the 2018 NCAA Championships. The left image is the hockey seating setup. The right image is the same setup if you cut out all of the seats that would be unavailable with a football field in there. Almost the entire lower bowl is eliminated. The closest seats in Minnesota will be the same as upper level seats in Cleveland.

Untitled.png

16 hours ago, IronChef said:

This is Quicken Loans Arena, site of the 2018 NCAA Championships. The left image is the hockey seating setup. The right image is the same setup if you cut out all of the seats that would be unavailable with a football field in there. Almost the entire lower bowl is eliminated. The closest seats in Minnesota will be the same as upper level seats in Cleveland.

Untitled.png

What don't you get about 40,000 people in one place. This will be the largest audience to ever witness a sporting event, period! Both in person and around the globe. These attempts to lessen the enthusiasm of the NCAA wrestling tournament are shameful and wrong.  

Edited by Billyhoyle