I thought the Russians would be there and decide who will be the rep for Worlds?  Does anyone know what's going on with that?

I thought I read only 1 weight would be decided here and the rest would be private wrestle offs. 99% sure I read that. The 1 weight was an upper weight (I think 86kg) and im not sure if they stuck too that but yeah the others will be private

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

Just checked it was 86kg with Naifinov winning it and Kurugliev taking Bronze.

But like you I want to see that Sidakov match, its going to be close, will be interesting if he doesnt make the team.

I was reading it was going to be decided in Poland, Does anyone now know when this private wrestle will happen?

I was reading it was going to be decided in Poland, Does anyone now know when this private wrestle will happen?
Uww article says team will be determined "Late August"

4. Russia's 86kg Wrestle-Off Scheduled for Poland Open 
Next week’s Ziolkowski - Pytlasinski Tournament in Warsaw, Poland will double up as the host site for the Russian Federation’s special wrestle-offs at 86kg between Dauren KURUGLIEV and Artur NAIFONOV. 

Kurugliev, the European Games champion, was released from the Russian National Championships where Naifonov, the 2018 European champion, was the winner of the 86kg bracket. The other weights that were excused from the National Championships were 57kg, 65kg, 74kg, 97kg and 125kg. But, those weights will not be contested at the Poland Open. 

The standard in years past at these special wrestle-offs has been that the highest placer at each weight will go on to represent Russia at their respective weight at the World Championships. That is expected to be the case again at 86kg. After the conclusion of the Poland Open and the final five wrestle-offs, the Russian coaching staff will announce their Nur-Sultan world team representatives in late-August

47 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I thought I read only 1 weight would be decided here and the rest would be private wrestle offs. 99% sure I read that. The 1 weight was an upper weight (I think 86kg) and im not sure if they stuck too that but yeah the others will be private

What do you think about Kurugliev losing? Based on watching them wrestle other folks I am far more concerned with Kurugliev, bu tI don't know enough about Nafrisov. 

It won't matter this year for the USA because of our situation at 86kg, but I think Kurugliev has a legitimate shot, if in shape, of beating Yazdani. I'm not sure why but Kurugliev in my mind is one of the best in the world when he is on

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

What do you think about Kurugliev losing? Based on watching them wrestle other folks I am far more concerned with Kurugliev, bu tI don't know enough about Nafrisov. 

It won't matter this year for the USA because of our situation at 86kg, but I think Kurugliev has a legitimate shot, if in shape, of beating Yazdani. I'm not sure why but Kurugliev in my mind is one of the best in the world when he is on

Kuru seems to be closer to Taylor, but as far as these 2 vs everyone not named DT (including each other), they are even. I think both have runner-up potential, I can't see either beating Yazdani. 
I think its a Dake/Ringer type situation.... winner is almost a lock for a finals appearance and in this case (Cause Yazdani) 2nd place 

Note neither looked great, but Naifonov had considerably better wins, and beat the common opponent... it is what it is. 
Wouldnt be surprised to see if it flip flop in 2020 though. 

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Kuru seems to be closer to Taylor, but as far as these 2 vs everyone not named DT (including each other), they are even. I think both have runner-up potential, I can't see either beating Yazdani. 
I think its a Dake/Ringer type situation.... winner is almost a lock for a finals appearance and in this case (Cause Yazdani) 2nd place 

Note neither looked great, but Naifonov had considerably better wins, and beat the common opponent... it is what it is. 
Wouldnt be surprised to see if it flip flop in 2020 though. 

Thanks