• Tariq Wilson (NC State)
    • Kaid Brock (OSU)
    • Mitch McKee (Minnesota)
    • Grant Leeth (Missouri)
    • Chad Red (nebraska)
    • Sa'derian Perry (ODU)
    • Other (non freshman)
    • Freshman (Redshirt or True)

I included all AAs that will be at 141 this year (to the best of my knowledge). Yianni and Eierman are taking Olympic redshirts, which opens up the weight.

Some notables not included:

Seth Gross (he may go up to 141, especially with Yianni and Eierman out)

Austin Desanto (Rumor is he may move up)

Max Murin (If Desanto doesn't move up, he is the most likely candidate for the spot. He is a qualifier who had ups and downs his freshman season, but on his best day he can beat high level guys)

Sam Turner (Always solid)

Tristan Moran (has a win over a few AAs, including one of the serious contenders Nick Lee)

Josh Heil (Rumor is he is dropping from 149. Would be kind of cool to see Dean Heil's younger brother win a title at 141. He is a multiple time qualifier under Kolat)

Real Woods (freshman coming off an excellent redshirt campaign. He has an actual shot at winning this thing. Fun fact: His first name is pronounced just like the word "Real")

Zach Sherman (I'm telling you this guy is excellent. He qualified at 133 as a true freshman and took a redshirt last year. High level guy in high school and also brilliant)

Ian Parker (ISU has some magic in their water and Parker has some wins over AAs)

Mitch Moore (Qualified as a TF. Rumor is he has jumped levels)

Kyle Shoop (Why not)

Joey Silva (I think he is dropping to 133, but if he is the starter at 141 for Michigan he is a dark horse AA contender. Very quick with excellent finishes who gets to train with Micic every day)

Edited by Housebuye

4 minutes ago, justafan said:

Give me Woods

Love this pick. 

I'm going Demas for now (I picked him to place highly last year too) but he may shirt himself. Demas though does put himself in danger a lot. one mistake at NCAAs can cost you, especially if he is also training a lot of freestyle (likely, as he will show up at trials I'm sure and he is one of Molinaro's main training partners)

Woods is so solid positionally. He is a super athlete and smart as hell. He reminds me a bit of McKenna.

Given how open 141 is and the Olympic weight class configurations I think it’s likely we see one of the studs at 133 move up. I’d take a number of them over the current 141 field.

10 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I included all AAs that will be at 141 this year (to the best of my knowledge). Yianni and Eierman are taking Olympic redshirts, which opens up the weight.

Some notables not included:

Seth Gross (he may go up to 141, especially with Yianni and Eierman out)

Austin Desanto (Rumor is he may move up)

Max Murin (If Desanto doesn't move up, he is the most likely candidate for the spot. He is a qualifier who had ups and downs his freshman season, but on his best day he can beat high level guys)

Sam Turner (Always solid)

Tristan Moran (has a win over a few AAs, including one of the serious contenders Nick Lee)

Josh Heil (Rumor is he is dropping from 149. Would be kind of cool to see Dean Heil's younger brother win a title at 141. He is a multiple time qualifier under Kolat)

Real Woods (freshman coming off an excellent redshirt campaign. He has an actual shot at winning this thing. Fun fact: His first name is pronounced just like the word "Real")

Zach Sherman (I'm telling you this guy is excellent. He qualified at 133 as a true freshman and took a redshirt last year. High level guy in high school and also brilliant)

Ian Parker (ISU has some magic in their water and Parker has some wins over AAs)

Mitch Moore (Qualified as a TF. Rumor is he has jumped levels)

Kyle Shoop (Why not)

Joey Silva (I think he is dropping to 133, but if he is the starter at 141 for Michigan he is a dark horse AA contender. Very quick with excellent finishes who gets to train with Micic every day)

Agree on UNC Sherman. He’s a stud. I watched him at the hokie open his true freshman year. He gave Gustafson all he could handle  .  Glad to hear Mitch moore is improving. Having Brewer in the room is gonna help him develop more take traditional take downs versus going for the home run front headlock pins 

18 hours ago, MDogg said:

Given how open 141 is and the Olympic weight class configurations I think it’s likely we see one of the studs at 133 move up. I’d take a number of them over the current 141 field.

Who else?  The list above already includes the 5th placer (DeSanto) and the champ from 2 years ago (Gross) plus Wilson.

I don’t see Suriano, Fix or Micic moving up and I don’t think I’d pick anyone else to win 141 if they did.  And Micic is a likely ORS and Fix possible right (I can’t keep up with the ORS speculation)?  If some guys move up and some take ORS’s then 133 may be somewhat cleared out.

I think I’ll go with Gross for now.

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Who else?  The list above already includes the 5th placer (DeSanto) and the champ from 2 years ago (Gross) plus Wilson.

I don’t see Suriano, Fix or Micic moving up and I don’t think I’d pick anyone else to win 141 if they did.  And Micic is a likely ORS and Fix possible right (I can’t keep up with the ORS speculation)?  If some guys move up and some take ORS’s then 133 may be somewhat cleared out.

I think I’ll go with Gross for now.

Gross is going 133 Bono just confirmed in a interview

I think it will be either Nick Lee or Dom Demas, and I'd favor "Other" over guys like Tariq or McKee. McKee I give virtually no chance. Tariq can at least get hot and get on a roll. 

Edited by TBar1977

11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Demas is a dumb pick. He is gonna get scouted now. Look for him as a junior

I disagree. Demas has always had this style and he has been a high profile guy since early in his high school career. 

He has dramatically improved over the last year. Early in the season he was at best borderline top 20. His second half of the season he was top 10, and then finished 4th behind 3 super high level guys, all of whom have senior level results (Yianni with wins over 4 top 20 world guys, Eierman with a win over Steiner and McKenna making Final X). 

Lee and a couple others could beat him, but everyone has scouted him for years now and he still keeps improving. This isn’t like when a “random” jumps levels, places, and then gets scouted. 

33 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I think it will be either Nick Lee or Dom Demas, and I'd favor "Other" over guys like Tariq or McKee. McKee I give virtually no chance. Tariq can at least get hot and get on a roll. 

Tariq I think is a serious contender. He was just injured last season and still made the R12 in a stacked weight. 

I think Lee and Demas will give a lot of trouble stylistically, but with Tariq’s top work you never know. It is such a game changer in folk, especially in tournaments.