NJDan

This is Weird: Jaydin Eierman replacing Zain Retherford

29 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Much harder, but quite possible.

Cant be that hard.  But if they did, it would of saved probably 50+ pages of verbal diarrhea as no one  has a definitive reason or the actual sequence getting to the outcome they did. All speculation.

5 hours ago, NJDan said:

Are you saying Yianni turned it down? 

Maybe he did. Maybe not.

Would it teally be so hard for USAW to explain why Eierman is going. We are talking about three sentences at most.

I don't think "to hard to explain" is the issue.  I think it is edicate and out of respect for Eierman.  Which is the professional thin to do.  It would be disrespectful to put out a release that says.....  "Zain pulled out of Pan Ams and Yianni decline for x,y,z reasons.  Therefore, USA areached out to Molinaro who also declined due to weight issues.  Oliver, who was next also could not make weight on short notice and was also displaying a form of protest for his training partner (tongue and cheek there).  Next, USA was informed that McKenna also would not be able to compete on short notice, then went to the next guy on the list, Eirman."  I don't think that kind if a release would be appropriate. 

Now they could say "USA wrestling would like to thank Eireman and the Missouri Tigers for always having their guys ready to compete.  Despite Eirman being further down the list, USA is looking forward to an outstanding performance that replicates Missouri tiger Zach Elams Junior World's performance.  Elam was called up on a moment's notice as well and was ready to go. Despite being 4th down the ladder Elam went on to claim the Junior world's gold medal. USA has the same confidence in Eireman.  Thank you Mizzou for always stepping in when called upon". That would be okay to release:-). 

In all seriousness, I think Eireman will do fine. There is not a huge separation between the top 6.  Yes Yianni and Zain are maybe a step in front but those guys mentioned above are all pretty good and can go back and forth.  The Pan Ams is not the world championship. Eireman will get plenty of wins there.

14 hours ago, NJDan said:

Are you saying Yianni turned it down? 

Maybe he did. Maybe not.

Would it teally be so hard for USAW to explain why Eierman is going. We are talking about three sentences at most.

Yes he did.So did a few others

@scramble - that is the best post I’ve seen on here in a while.  Completely agree.  

There are folks on this board that seem like they need to be pissed or annoyed at something, even if they have to manufacture scenarios in their mind to make it so.

14 minutes ago, nom said:

@scramble - that is the best post I’ve seen on here in a while.  Completely agree.  

There are folks on this board that seem like they need to be pissed or annoyed at something, even if they have to manufacture scenarios in their mind to make it so.

It's the way of the world now.  Folks are looking for a reason to be offended.

I for one am not offended. But since everyone knows that Yianni is Zain's alternate (for now) it was odd to me that he did not get the call to compete. If he did get the call (and I don't know if he did) and declined, that would explain it and would be of no offense to Eierman.

9 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I for one am not offended. But since everyone knows that Yianni is Zain's alternate (for now) it was odd to me that he did not get the call to compete. If he did get the call (and I don't know if he did) and declined, that would explain it and would be of no offense to Eierman.

I don't know why you or anyone else would assume that Yianni did not get the call to compete.  I assume they followed the written procedure for the Pan Am games and he declined.

7 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

I don't know why you or anyone else would assume that Yianni did not get the call to compete.  I assume they followed the written procedure for the Pan Am games and he declined.

From the USA Wrestling release: "Following the 2019 Pan Am Games selection procedures for wrestling, Eierman has stepped up to accept his participation in the Games."

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I have to assume Yianni D would have preferred Pan Ams to Poland.  That means Zain Retherford didn't let him know his plans, much like the Unicorn didn't tell Bo Nickal.  Whats up with the NLWC caring only about themselves?

Here we go again...

53 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

I did not "assume" he did not get a call. I guess I assumed that had Yianni gotten the call he would have said yes as he seems eager to compete. I had no idea that there were written procedures. A halfway competent article on the USAW website would have explained what happened and we would have had all that information.

47 minutes ago, FlyinLion said:

From the USA Wrestling release: "Following the 2019 Pan Am Games selection procedures for wrestling, Eierman has stepped up to accept his participation in the Games."

OK, so USAW assumes that everyone knows what those "selection procedures" are. That's worse than I thought.

2 hours ago, nom said:

There is conspiracy everywhere!  I'm sure the Russians are behind this one...

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I did not "assume" he did not get a call. I guess I assumed that had Yianni gotten the call he would have said yes as he seems eager to compete. I had no idea that there were written procedures. A halfway competent article on the USAW website would have explained what happened and we would have had all that information.

In the post I had previously quoted you wrote "But since everyone knows that Yianni is Zain's alternate (for now) it was odd to me that he did not get the call to compete."  If the information that Yianni did not get the call to compete was not assumed how did you obtain it?

Fishbane-- the entire point of all my posts is that info was lacking. I did not have info that Yianni was not called. I did not have info that he was called and said no. I did not have info about how Jaydin was selected. That all of this info was lacking from the USAW release is a clear mark of incompetence (or secrecy where none was called for).

Here is what USAW should have done: Say JE was selected; say how that selection occurred; say that JE is a fine wrestler and the hope is he will do well. As everyone knows that JE was not second at the recent trials (or third) there should be no offense to him that he did not get the first call (assuming, as most seem assume) that he did not.

29 minutes ago, NJDan said:

OK, so USAW assumes that everyone knows what those "selection procedures" are. That's worse than I thought.

No USAW doesn’t assume everyone knows the selection procedures. That is why they have them laid out on the website. 

44 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Should they have listed all the calls they made and who declined? 

43 minutes ago, NJDan said:

No it's pretty easy to find

TheMat.com

Team USA->Team Selection criteria
https://www.teamusa.org/usa-wrestling/team-usa/team-selection-criteria

So easy a old politician can find it.

Edited by BobDole

49 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Why do you feel so entitled that USAW has to lay out the step by step of what took place in substituting the roster?  Why is it such a big deal. Do they need to include the reasons given by others who may or may not have declined to satisfy you?

Not, it’s not incompetence or conspiracy on USAW’s part. It’s entitlement and “me me” on yours. You don’t know what the procedures are?  Look them up!  There was a time when people would actually get out of their chairs, go to the bookshelf and grab a dictionary or encyclopedia, got back to their chair, and sit down and look **** up.