Perry

Fix should have been on the backside

Yep, under the NCAA rules that was a pin. I've seen these situations on replay before. If you're at the wrong angle it might be impossible to tell. 

HS would have been borderline since the rule is 2 seconds not 1. 

Didn't someone slow down a match with Bo and a match with Nolf where they were both pinned too?

I'm sure you could have done it with Lee 4 or 5 times this year and Lizak 24 bu or 25 times too.

I remember iowa fans claiming bo was pinned when he was spladling their guy in carver (bunch of nonsense). Don't recall a pin controversy with nolf, only drama I recall there was the semi finals vs hidlay

3 hours ago, Mphillips said:

You could see the ref count one and I counted a solid two?   

I'm pretty sure the ref was counting for NF.  Personally, i think that would have been a bit quick to call a neutral pin.  I think technically, by the rules, sure he was likely pinned, but that situation happens all the time and is never called.  It's not like he was on his back for 5 seconds.  He kind of pulled himself and Erneste there, felt Erneste grab his head, and he immediately bailed.

31 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I'm pretty sure the ref was counting for NF.  Personally, i think that would have been a bit quick to call a neutral pin.  I think technically, by the rules, sure he was likely pinned, but that situation happens all the time and is never called.  It's not like he was on his back for 5 seconds.  He kind of pulled himself and Erneste there, felt Erneste grab his head, and he immediately bailed.

No argument here.  

18 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

If Fix was pinned there then Dean Heil got pinned 12 times. 

He was, just not 12 times.... and that is why we now have the Heil rule. One of the best rules implemented in recent memory. Thanks again, Dean.

Edited by unbiased

Dean is in rare company of guys that have inspired rule changes based on style. I also attribute the hands in the face rule (at least in large part) to Zain Retherford

35 minutes ago, Perry said:

Dean is in rare company of guys that have inspired rule changes based on style. I also attribute the hands in the face rule (at least in large part) to Zain Retherford

Hands in the face has always been a violation, just very few refs had the guts to call it.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:58 PM, wrestlingphish said:

Wow he was flat flat.

I didn't bother to time it was he flat for a full second? I see obviously the referee wasn't on that side which kind of hard to fault him.

11 hours ago, Perry said:

He was flat for closer to 2 seconds than 1. Ref was in fine position to see it he was just looking for near fall and not as aware as he should have been.

Have you ever reffed?

He was certainly flat for a second, but the official was in the exact position he should be in right before the move that went to back, you can see him hustling around to the right position to look for fall, and Fix immediately bailed. No “jobbed”, nobody got screwed. We’ve seen this exact same situation 1000 times. 

11 hours ago, Perry said:

He was flat for closer to 2 seconds than 1. Ref was in fine position to see it he was just looking for near fall and not as aware as he should have been.

You just keep grasping at this particular straw and maybe you will reach it at some point. 

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He was certainly flat for a second, but the official was in the exact position he should be in right before the move that went to back, you can see him hustling around to the right position to look for fall, and Fix immediately bailed. No “jobbed”, nobody got screwed. We’ve seen this exact same situation 1000 times. 

Most recently from Oklahoma state kids it seems (dean heil)

2 minutes ago, Perry said:

Most recently from Oklahoma state kids it seems (dean heil)

Correct. Your two instances a few years apart, and nothing more, is pretty much what I meant when I said we’ve seen it 1000 times before. 

I noticed you conveniently skipped over the question of whether or not you have ever reffed. 

Edited by Lurker