nhs67

Pan Am Games Draws

lol nope - instead of giving up the 2 he ended up giving up 4 on the throw and then i think 2 turns off the gutwrench to end the match. so fast that i don't remember it all.
Lol like I was saying, for as stellar as Yianni has been (i know he hasnt made the team but beating Bajarang and winning these tournaments) Tobier is one of this group of about 10 landmine guys outside of the top 4 or 5 that I would still have a tough time envisioning us beating consistantly.
Its possible we get hot and make the finals but 1-1 or 0-1 for whoever the rep is wouldnt surprise me. Weight is just tough

Fix facing the 2017 U23 champ from Cuba. Fix gets 2 passivity points, goes to a quadpod to prevent a takedown but gives up a stepout, closes the match with a takedown to win 4-1 and advance to the final.

44 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Looks like the brackets only have 8 guys. Is that right?

mostly - a few had 9 and a qualifying round before the QF

1 hour ago, RJChicago said:

Sorry if this has been covered - but is there anywhere to watch the Pan Am games wrestling?

ESPN streaming has Mat A; @usawrestling twitter is streaming a bootleg of Mat B when an American is there, otherwise I don't know if Mat B is streaming in the US.

Fix with an easy 10-0 tech (11-0, after a failed challenge) for gold. Eierman with a barely more difficult 15-4 tech for bronze.

Miracle and Mensah-Stock both won gold as well.

Is there a way to watch replays?

ESPN app or espn3.com. Search for “lucha libre” and you’ll see replays for each day. All in Spanish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Red95 said:

ESPN app or espn3.com. Search for “lucha libre” and you’ll see replays for each day. All in Spanish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Do you also know how to watch today's matches live and when they start?

10 hours ago, Peso said:

Good job Daton!  Gave up one point on a push-out in the whole tournament.  Pretty impressive for just finishing his freshman year of college.

Not to downplay what he did by any means but wasn't he 21 when he finished his "freshman" season?

4 minutes ago, Perry said:

Not to downplay what he did by any means but wasn't he 21 when he finished his "freshman" season?

According to UWW database, he was born on 3-11-98, making him 21 years a 4 days on March 15 of this year. That seems old for a freshman, but not quite as old for a redshirt freshman. Anyway, he is doing well on the senior level now.

Lol I think it's great how well he is doing and am excited that he beat gilman for the world team spot. Saying he is a freshman may technically be true but hes like 6 months younger than cox when he graduated college lol

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

PD3, hair crazier than ever, gets a late 14-4 tech fall, using 6 step outs to make most of the difference. Angus got a clean double on him.

Yep. Was 7-4 in second with Jamaica doing a lot of the work at that point.  PD3 figured him out eventually.