nhs67

Pan Am Games Draws

10 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Wow that was a good match.  Torreblanca counters a headlock with 3 seconds for a takedown and wins 4-3. 

Bad choice from Ceballos.  He was up 3-2 and hit a headlock with what?  less than 20 seconds left?  Why?

7 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Bad choice from Ceballos.  He was up 3-2 and hit a headlock with what?  less than 20 seconds left?  Why?

He was having fun and trying to score a lot of points.

1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

Hmmm?  Must have been it.  Although he didn't appear to be having much fun after the whistle blew?

It is the sadness of wrestling. By the end of a tournament only one guy is usually having fun.

1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

Slow start from Snyder, Then it's looks like he starts having fun just as NJDan mentioned.  

The first two he gave up-- close to being 4-- was a bit scary and out of character. But after that: fun.

2 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You do know that they wrestle each other quite often, right?

How's the GoFundMe going despite your "baller" status as a real estate tycoon and engineering genius from Johns Hopkins?

13 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Downey doesn’t do anything.  He has no leg attacks and unless he gets some sort of bear hug type position he rarely if ever scores. Bad balance, super heavy on his feet, bad reaction time. It’s hard to believe he’s our rep. 

Homeless it is I guess.

Alright, I gotta give Pat Downey some credit here. At least he finished the tournament winning bronze with a beautiful throw into the pin. I was happy for him. (I know, it wasn't exactly against Cuba, Russia, Iran, etc., but still, very slick.) 

After watching him train with Mike Mal on Flo, PDIII was demonstrating all types of slick moves and throws. Looks like he pulled one of those out of his back pocket here.  :D

I also liked Pat's sportsmanship after he lost to Cuba. I'm sure Vegas won't have Downey as one of the favorites for Worlds but I'll still be rooting for him. 

6 minutes ago, RJChicago said:

Does anyone know if there is anywhere to watch the Pan Am wrestling finals replay? I looked on ESPN (I do have ESPN Plus) but couldn't figure out how to find a replay of the finals.

You’ll likely have to go to ESPN 3 which is found on the ESPN App (not to be confused with the new ESPN+ stream channel).  You sign into the ESPN 3 part of the app by lining it to your cable provider.