nhs67

Pan Am Games Draws

4 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Downey doesn’t do anything.  He has no leg attacks and unless he gets some sort of bear hug type position he rarely if ever scores. Bad balance, super heavy on his feet, bad reaction time. It’s hard to believe he’s our rep. 

Spot on. Downey was a totally different wrestler in 2012 while preparing for Jr Worlds...light on his toes, circling, creating angles, shooting sweep singles, on the offensive. Like night and day. 

1 hour ago, ToneLoc said:

Downey's matches were hard to watch... 

I know he won the spot fair and square, butIt's a shame the loser of the Dake/Ringer match can't take his spot.

1 hour ago, Blue Dragons said:

They can't beat Downey.

Both would tech the Downey I saw today

I didnt see Downey's matches, but they went about as I expected, beats Angus and loses easily to Torreblanca, after reading yalls comments though....
I've been of the mindset that being on the team will help him grow leaps and bounds, wrestling with #1 World Ranked guys left and right, daily.
However, I wonder if constantly being the "nail" has hurt his confidence.
Again. A cruise control match by Torreblanca was 100% expected. I almost put 7-2 on my earlier prediction, but then thought he'd shut it down at 5 so I went 5-1.
Did yall expect something better or did he really look that bad

6 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I didnt see Downey's matches, but they went about as I expected, beats Angus and loses easily to Torreblanca, after reading yalls comments though....
I've been of the mindset that being on the team will help him grow leaps and bounds, wrestling with #1 World Ranked guys left and right, daily.
However, I wonder if constantly being the "nail" has hurt his confidence.
Again. A cruise control match by Torreblanca was 100% expected. I almost put 7-2 on my earlier prediction, but then thought he'd shut it down at 5 so I went 5-1.
Did yall expect something better or did he really look that bad

The Jamaica guy was in the match. 

Vs Torreblanca he did hit a late takedown, but he showed no indication he can give top 5 guys any trouble at all. He got outclassed

The Jamaica guy was in the match. 
Vs Torreblanca he did hit a late takedown, but he showed no indication he can give top 5 guys any trouble at all. He got outclassed
As i would expect. Even without DT the weight has a super solid top 8 (Yazdani lock for gold) 7 of which are interchangeable as silver medalist. I can't see any situation where he snags a bronze but would be cool if he did

10 minutes ago, nom said:

Anyone up for posting some more results?  Would appreciate it!

74 kg: Jordan Burroughs (Lincoln, Neb./Sunkist Kids/Nebraska WTC)
WIN Abel Herrera Pastor (Peru), 10-0
WIN Geandry Garzon (Cuba), 15-4
vs. Franklin Gomez (Puerto Rico)

86 kg: Pat Downey (Princeton, N.J./Titan Mercury WC/NJRTC)
WIN Angus Arthur (Jamaica), 14-4
LOSS Yurieski Torreblanca Queralta (Cuba), 7-2
vs. Alexander Moore (Canada)

97 kg: Kyle Snyder (Columbus, Ohio/Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC)
WIN Evan Ramos (Puerto Rico), 10-0
WIN Reineris Salas Perez (Cuba), 3-1
vs. Jose Diaz Roberti (Venezuela)

125 kg: Nick Gwiazdowski (Raleigh, N.C./Titan Mercury WC/Wolfpack RTC)
WIN Andrew Gunning (Peru), 10-0
WIN Korey Jarvis (Canada), 10-0
vs. Oscar Pino Hinds (Cuba)

Burroughs didn't need to do much in that match. Got a point in the first from the shot clock.  Then a weird sequence in the 2nd where Gomez got to a single and finished but not quite. Burroughs went out of bounds and it looked like Gomez never got his knee down despite controlling both legs, so they hit Burroughs with a caution and uphelp the 1 point for Gomez.  Burroughs came right back and got a stepout point and then got a takedown with like 30 seconds left to ice it.  It looked like Burroughs could get to the legs pretty easily, but was doing just enough to make Gomez react or didn't want to commit to finishing for whatever reason. 

Edited by TripNSweep