wrestlingphish

Oliver to North Carolina?

I like Yianni too, but it is currently Zain's spot so he is technically the top dog at the moment.
I got a strong feeling by the Trials next year, most people will agree its Desanto's to lose.

2020 olympic team
Fix
Desanto (unless Yainni gets help from refs)
Burroughs
Cox
Snyder
Big Gwiz fan but I think Gable gets it done.

11 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I got a strong feeling by the Trials next year, most people will agree its Desanto's to lose.

2020 olympic team
Fix
Burroughs
Cox
Snyder

DeSanto throws kimuras up and down the bracket, Downey wins 86, De'N'D world destroyers or homeless, Gable hits the Ali shuffle during the gold medal match after takedowns and riles up the old fogeys. Pure chaos.

37 minutes ago, wildcatfan1992 said:

When did he start training with Zain?

The description wasn’t referencing the current national team standings, I was referencing which athlete had a dominant win in their last outing and who I, as long with the majority here it seems, feel is the guy to beat over the next 9 months. 

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

2020 olympic team
Fix
Burroughs
Cox
Snyder

Honestly... I get the humor there.

He will have a complete meltdown at 65kg trials. There are over a dozen toons that will tune him up in Freestyle and it won't be pretty.

We haven't seen Desanto be dismantled since his match with Micic at 2018 Natties.

Imagine him trying to fight GHulk because GHulk manhandled him.

I like his style and the sense of control he had collegiately this last season(much better). Even allowing him to try and compete at 65kg next International/Freestyle Season seems reckless.

Edited by nhs67
I have fat fingers and need to spellcheck.

Honestly... I get the humor there.

He will have a complete meltdown at 65kg trials. There are over a dozen toons that will tune him up in Freestyle and it won't be pretty.

We haven't seen Desanto be dismantled since his match with Micic at 2018 Natties.

Imagine him trying to fight GHulk because GHulk manhandled him.

I like his style and the sense of control he had collegiately this last season(much better). Even allowing him to try and compete at 65kg next International/Freestyle Season seems reckless.

Lol he will be way too small, he likely wont compete. :) he also has no freestyle results, and I think he'd expect the results he gets if he does compete. And that is why he will tech his way to gold.

47 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The description wasn’t referencing the current national team standings, I was referencing which athlete had a dominant win in their last outing and who I, as long with the majority here it seems, feel is the guy to beat over the next 9 months. 

By majority do you mean yourself, you certainly don’t speak for me. Zains the rep until someone beats him at the next trials. 

53 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You didn't hear that Metcalf and Pico are going to give it a run this year?

That knocks Zain to 3 and Johnny to 5, once Desanto also throws his hat in the ring.

I just don't see Johnny being able to beat any of those four come trials and that is if GHulk or Oliver don't merk him too.

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

By majority do you mean yourself, you certainly don’t speak for me. Zains the rep until someone beats him at the next trials. 

No I didn't mean just myself.  Nor did I mean you, or was speaking for any one person in particular.  In case you weren't aware, majority means more than 50%.  And if you've been reading/following all the threads on hear that pertain to Zain and Yianni, I mean I haven't done any scientific polling, but just by reading it seems that most feel this weight comes down to these two, and the majority have Yianni slightly ahead, Final X results and all.  This isn't an all hail Yianni stance, (I'm on record here several times saying Zain should stay the rep here this year), this is an estimation as who is the man to beat for Tokyo. Based on the posts on this site, there seem to be more that think its Yianni right now than Zain,  hence using the words "the majority on here it seems".

So I have two questions, is that fair enough.  And.....is it really a big deal?

Edited by Lurker

4 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Lol he will be way too small, he likely wont compete. :) he also has no freestyle results, and I think he'd expect the results he gets if he does compete. And that is why he will tech his way to gold.

I actually think he's an interesting freestyle prospect. He controls center really well, gets a lot of pushouts, and could get some cheap 4's with his dump. Obviously, he's not on that level now, but I think he could develop down the road. If nothing else, it would be hilarious to watch him try to wilt foreigners with his pace.

I actually think he's an interesting freestyle prospect. He controls center really well, gets a lot of pushouts, and could get some cheap 4's with his dump. Obviously, he's not on that level now, but I think he could develop down the road. If nothing else, it would be hilarious to watch him try to wilt foreigners with his pace.
Haha so true. :)
Mind you I stewed on it as i typed that post. And I thought..."well he is pretty decent from neutral so....." (Almost convinced myself he would be tough)
But being on the smaller side (huge detriment), plus lack of par-terre experience, I just wouldn't expect more than the run of the mill 143lber.
The weight is fairly deep with "Talented" wrestlers... and there are a solid 6 that are legit "freestyle" talents. Just couldn't see him coming close to finishing top 8.
But I really do hope he tries

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Haha so true. :)
Mind you I stewed on it as i typed that post. And I thought..."well he is pretty decent from neutral so....." (Almost convinced myself he would be tough)
But being on the smaller side (huge detriment), plus lack of par-terre experience, I just wouldn't expect more than the run of the mill 143lber.
The weight is fairly deep with "Talented" wrestlers... and there are a solid 6 that are legit "freestyle" talents. Just couldn't see him coming close to finishing top 8.
But I really do hope he tries

I'm with you. I'd love to see him wrestle a foreigner because I'd like to see how they deal with that tricep tie/pressure. I'm not sure they would have felt something like that before. 

On 8/8/2019 at 12:35 PM, Lurker said:

No I didn't mean just myself.  Nor did I mean you, or was speaking for any one person in particular.  In case you weren't aware, majority means more than 50%.  And if you've been reading/following all the threads on hear that pertain to Zain and Yianni, I mean I haven't done any scientific polling, but just by reading it seems that most feel this weight comes down to these two, and the majority have Yianni slightly ahead, Final X results and all.  This isn't an all hail Yianni stance, (I'm on record here several times saying Zain should stay the rep here this year), this is an estimation as who is the man to beat for Tokyo. Based on the posts on this site, there seem to be more that think its Yianni right now than Zain,  hence using the words "the majority on here it seems".

So I have two questions, is that fair enough.  And.....is it really a big deal?

No and yes lol

I know this isn’t the college forum, but I don’t want to make a new thread-gotta think this is a plus for an already improving UNC team, especially returning 3rd placer at 149 Austin O’Connor if he can get some drill time with JO

Edited by Underhook

On 8/8/2019 at 9:28 AM, wildcatfan1992 said:

I like Yianni too, but it is currently Zain's spot so he is technically the top dog at the moment.

Yianni is higher on the ladder than JO, and a national team member, so it makes sense Oliver would leave.

Not to mention Koll runs that RTC.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:54 AM, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

He already stated he wasn't referencing the team ladder, so why nitpick?

On 8/8/2019 at 2:53 PM, qc8223 said:

Musukaev would need a breather brick 30s in, and a defibrillator matside.