Sign in to follow this  
CaliWrestler

Mijaín López

Thought he retired after his gold at 2016 takes 2yrs off now almost 37 in couple weeks and still wrestling and winning 

Great motivation too see a champion give it more time for 2020 and we think JB is old at 31...This guy is making age just 

a number..... Here is for old ones still giving it there all !!!!!

17 hours ago, CaliWrestler said:

Thought he retired after his gold at 2016 takes 2yrs off now almost 37 in couple weeks and still wrestling and winning 

Great motivation too see a champion give it more time for 2020 and we think JB is old at 31...This guy is making age just 

a number..... Here is for old ones still giving it there all !!!!!

That old man strength.

Also, 35-year-old Bonne (Cuba) is a returning world champ and ranked #1 (as of May).

Edited by Katie

4 hours ago, Graverobber said:

Old men strength, heavyweight and grecro roman wrestling, looks like a good combination :) will he compete at world's in September? If yes, I think he is the favorite for gold, final against kayaalp from turkey. 

What about that Russian that tossed Coon around in last years finals - I think he beat the Turk or at least had the Turk on his side of the bracket last year - I would think he enters as the favorite.

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

What about that Russian that tossed Coon around in last years finals - I think he beat the Turk or at least had the Turk on his side of the bracket last year - I would think he enters as the favorite.

I don't know, in my opinion the Russian wasn't as good as I expected at the grand prix of Germany. Heiki Nabi is not bad, but I don't know the guy from Finland and roumania 

http://rdb.ringen.de/?sv=cms&nc=38&tk=tnm&op=tpa&xotypeid=0&tnmid=6&tnacid=3&xoview=q&wcid=21&paid=570&xopaid=570&xoname=Shchur&xogivenname=Vitalii&xoorg=Russland&orgid=73&xoou=HUN&__=1565385892.1893995250

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

Kayaalp lost to another guy by a last minute controversial caution. they were in the same side though. actually last year everybody notable was in top half. probably the most unbalanced draw in history of UWW/FILA.

Didn't see any of the matches yet, but yeah, real impressive Lopez is still doing it.

Lopez beat Semevov (RUS) in the semis at Rio 3-0. Would really like to see them match up again in Kazakhstan.

If Wilkipedia is correct, Semenov turns 24 tomorrow. If he's healthy, I pick Semenov to win Gold at Worlds.  

2 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Didn't see any of the matches yet, but yeah, real impressive Lopez is still doing it.

Lopez beat Semevov (RUS) in the semis at Rio 3-0. Would really like to see them match up again in Kazakhstan.

If Wilkipedia is correct, Semenov turns 24 tomorrow. If he's healthy, I pick Semenov to win Gold at Worlds.  

Depends how much someone is gonna pay Lopez to throw the match.