CoachWrestling

Dake/Dieringer predictions

Dieringer in two matches: 6-4 and 5-2.

He almost beat him last year and consider what has transpired over the past 6-8 mos.

No reason to believe AD does not dominate and cruise to victory based upon recent events. 

Over the past 8 months:

-Dake has aged beyond peak wrestling age (He is old)

-Dake got hurt (and has been frequently injured)

-Dake only prepared a few months for this match.

Conversely:

-Dieringer has gotten bigger and stronger

-Dieringer has won every single match he's been in with the exception of 1 in Russia in January

-Dieringer is hungry and will have this in the bag -- knocking out Dake's contact lenses and aggravating him all match long

I want dake to lose bc I think he and Cornell as a whole (koll) are tools. Hard to predict him to lose but give me dieringer in 2. Koll brings in his lawyers again following the results and pronounces for the world how great kyle is bc he is a cornell alum and that the usa would be fortunate to have him over dieringer on the team. Nobody cares and he and dake crawl their way back to Ithaca to watch worlds from their iPhones. My prediction for what it's worth lol

8 minutes ago, Perry said:

I want dake to lose bc I think he and Cornell as a whole (koll) are tools. Hard to predict him to lose but give me dieringer in 2. Koll brings in his lawyers again following the results and pronounces for the world how great kyle is bc he is a cornell alum and that the usa would be fortunate to have him over dieringer on the team. Nobody cares and he and dake crawl their way back to Ithaca to watch worlds from their iPhones. My prediction for what it's worth lol

I can buy into that ....with or without the sarcasm

I'll go with the World Champ here.  Dake in 3.

Did I see Gadzhi is not competing at Worlds?  I know he sustained an injury earlier this year.  If so, our chances for Gold here just went up slightly with either Dake or Ringer.

1 hour ago, misterc said:

I'll go with the World Champ here.  Dake in 3.

Did I see Gadzhi is not competing at Worlds?  I know he sustained an injury earlier this year.  If so, our chances for Gold here just went up slightly with either Dake or Ringer.

Yes he is out. He was attempting a practice cut to 74kg and tweaked a few things. Last Insaw he was rehabbing but was definitely out of worlds to appropriately give 74 a proper attempt next year.

10 hours ago, BestCoastScrapper said:

Dieringer in two matches: 6-4 and 5-2.

He almost beat him last year and consider what has transpired over the past 6-8 mos.

No reason to believe AD does not dominate and cruise to victory based upon recent events. 

Over the past 8 months:

-Dake has aged beyond peak wrestling age (He is old)

-Dake got hurt (and has been frequently injured)

-Dake only prepared a few months for this match.

Conversely:

-Dieringer has gotten bigger and stronger

-Dieringer has won every single match he's been in with the exception of 1 in Russia in January

-Dieringer is hungry and will have this in the bag -- knocking out Dake's contact lenses and aggravating him all match long

Who beat Ringer in January?

Or are you referring to January of 2018?

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Yes he is out. He was attempting a practice cut to 74kg and tweaked a few things. Last Insaw he was rehabbing but was definitely out of worlds to appropriately give 74 a proper attempt next year.

Injured in a practice cut? Was this a knife cut when he trying to bleed off a half kilo? :)

13 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Injured in a practice cut? Was this a knife cut when he trying to bleed off a half kilo? :)

Bruv. C'mon. Translations are difficult but what Google did for me was said that he didn't have a healthy weight drop and came out less than healthy and it caused some old injuries to flare up. With his priority being 2020 Olympics and 74kg he decided it best to heal and give next season his all.

You're going to make me go through myblappy search history several months ago.

Ain't nobody want to do that. The FBI already knocking on my door acting like Amazon three times a week like they slick.

Edited by nhs67
I'm an idiot

I want Dake to win.

Being as I am having difficulty coming to a prediction I think that is telling me a lot about how I feel it is going to go.

Ringer looked impermeable against Zahid.

Dake in 2. 1 or 0 point matches for both.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Who beat Ringer in January?

Or are you referring to January of 2018?

Ghadzi,same guy that beat Dake his first time they wrestled.  Of course Dake teched him at worlds though

Dake in two, but that's coming from my heart.

Sadly, my head fears Alex beats him in two straight.

If Dake wasn't at least 90% in June, I'm not sure how he'll be ready to beat a world class opponent next week.  He certainly didn't look good enough in Spain.

That said, I don't think he wrestled very well against Dieringer last summer, but still managed to score when it counted.  

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Bruv. C'mon. Translations are difficult but what Google did for me was said that he didn't have a healthy weight drop and came out less than healthy and it caused some old injuries to flare up. With his priority being 2020 Olympics and 74kg he decided it best to heal and give next season his all.

You're going to make me go through myblappy search history several months ago.

Ain't nobody want to do that. The FBI already knocking on my door acting like Amazon three times a week like they slick.

Didn't Gadhzi break his arm?  Or is that the 70kg Gadhzi?

2 hours ago, tbert said:

Ghadzi,same guy that beat Dake his first time they wrestled.  Of course Dake teched him at worlds though

I thought that was 2018 January.

2 hours ago, whaletail said:

Didn't Gadhzi break his arm?  Or is that the 70kg Gadhzi?

I don't honestly recall it saying what. Just that he had re-injurred something that was old. Again: Google was my auto-translator. We went over this like 3 or 4 months ago in another thread.