CoachWrestling

Dake/Dieringer predictions

10 hours ago, tbert said:

Why even have low life, common folk officials anyway?   A better option would be to have a matside team of over intelligent greasy lawyers making certain rules are not "misappropriated" and even some  Olympic Committee arbitrators with 5 second stopwatches,  can obviously do a much better job than a bunch of drunk or hungover refs that Koll has to keep waking up.  Maybe they can get a referral from a dental school graduate/plastic surgeon to administer a breathalizer matside for officials.   Only the best for an entitled Koll trained athlete.

Tbert - I hope you do realize this post says far more about you than it does about Rob Koll, Cornell, or anyone else you may think you are referring to.  I pity you.

Edited by red blades

I agree with tbert and Tbar. these coaches that are doing exactly what they should be doing, fighting for their athletes within the rules allowed them...what low life scumbags. How the hell did they get a coaching job in the first place??  Can someone get me a chair??

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I agree with tbert and Tbar. these coaches that are doing exactly what they should be doing, fighting for their athletes within the rules allowed them...what low life scumbags. How the hell did they get a coaching job in the first place??  Can someone get me a chair??

Does same apply when they do what they believe is right for their team? I swear I have heard otherwise on this board many times. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Does same apply when they do what they believe is right for their team? I swear I have heard otherwise on this board many times. 

Clarify please. 

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Clarify please. 

I agree that Koll is always looking out for his guy first, but by your sarcasm  you really seem to elevate Koll for doing what he thinks is right for his guy. Would you feel the same if Koll did the same for not just one wrestler on his team, but for entire team as a whole? This is not a hard question. 

Edited by TBar1977

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I agree that Koll is always looking out for his guy first, but by your sarcasm  you really seem to elevate Koll for doing what he thinks is right for his guy. Would you feel the same if Koll did the same for not just one wrestler on his team, but for entire team as a whole? 

I’m not elevating anyone in anyway, I’m going against the people spending a lot of time running around here crying and calling him a scumbag for fighting for his kids within the rules. Would I feel a Coach is in his right for fighting for his whole team?  Of course. I don’t really understand your point in quoting me and this response to it. Wouldn’t it be pretty logical I’d feel the same whether it be one of his athletes or all of his athletes? My point is very specific...people running around these boards everyday crying and calling a coach a scumbag for fighting for his athlete within the rules allowed. 

Edited by Lurker

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I agree that Koll is always looking out for his guy first, but by your sarcasm  you really seem to elevate Koll for doing what he thinks is right for his guy. Would you feel the same if Koll did the same for not just one wrestler on his team, but for entire team as a whole? This is not a hard question. 

Noboby is "elevating" Koll.  it is *you* who is denigrating Koll for following an approved process (involving lawyers!) that is in place, well, to be followed.  Why is that process in place if not to be followed?

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’m not elevating anyone in anyway, I’m going against the people spending a lot of time running around here crying and calling him a scumbag for fighting for his kids within the rules. Would I feel a Coach is in his right for fighting for his whole team?  Of course. I don’t really understand your point in quoting me and this response to it. Wouldn’t it be pretty logical I’d feel the same whether it be one of his athletes or all of his athletes? My point is very specific...people running around these boards everyday crying and calling a coach a scumbag for fighting for his athlete within the rules allowed. 

Funny, when Sanderson does this I hear a whole lot of different responses than this kind of response. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Funny, when Sanderson does this I hear a whole lot of different responses than this kind of response. 

From me?  I don’t think so.

But begs a different question. That’s your way of going about it? You don’t like how people talk about your guy, so spend weeks dragging a guy through the mud for staying within the rules and fighting for his athletes, meanwhile your guy is throwing chairs at refs?  And I like Sanderson, have nothing against him. But your take here and way of going about it, given everything considered, really says a lot about you. 

38 minutes ago, red blades said:

Tbert - I hope you do realize this post says far more about you than it does about Rob Koll, Cornell, or anyone else you may think you are referring to.  I pity you.

Just looking at a wrestling match through the eyes of  Rob Koll.    You must be proud of his behavior..   look in the mirror bud.

1 minute ago, klehner said:

Noboby is "elevating" Koll.  it is *you* who is denigrating Koll for following an approved process (involving lawyers!) that is in place, well, to be followed.  Why is that process in place if not to be followed?

So me pointing out his use of Cornell lawyers to settle the score in a wrestling match denigrates Koll? He's the one that brought them into this. Now you sound ultra sensitive to this take on Koll's actions. You'll never admit to this, but that is an indication that deep down you know its not a good look for the sport. You seem pretty concerned he is going to become known for this type of mentality. 

You should just own it and stop griping about it. Koll is probably clearly now the coach most likely to get lawyers involved to settle wrestling matches. What other high profile coach has done this in the past many, many years? Nobody? Koll's rep has been earned. 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

From me?  I don’t think so.

But begs a different question. That’s your way of going about it? You don’t like how people talk about your guy, so spend weeks dragging a guy through the mud for staying within the rules and fighting for his athletes, meanwhile your guy is throwing chairs at refs?  And I like Sanderson, have nothing against him. But your take here and way of going about it, given everything considered, really says a lot about you. 

I spent weeks arguing this because I disagree with dragging lawyers into a room to settle a wrestling match. 

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I spent weeks arguing this because I disagree with dragging lawyers into a room to settle a wrestling match. 

But that’s not what is happening. That’s is a dramatic over exaggeration of what is happening. Which again is how you’re going about it, and again says a lot about you. You keep going back to “well that’s what they do to Cael”

Question: did you act this way when Cael threw chair at a ref. Cause certainly that is a MUCH worse look for the sport than what is happening here. Arbitration in sports is a regular thing. Throwing chairs at refs is not. So surely you went on the same escapade???  Or did your position that it was “understandable given the heat of the moment” allow you to just excuse it away?  Honest question. 

Edited by Lurker

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

So me pointing out his use of Cornell lawyers to settle the score in a wrestling match denigrates Koll? He's the one that brought them into this. Now you sound ultra sensitive to this take on Koll's actions. You'll never admit to this, but that is an indication that deep down you know its not a good look for the sport. You seem pretty concerned he is going to become known for this type of mentality. 

You should just own it and stop griping about it. Koll is probably clearly now the coach most likely to get lawyers involved to settle wrestling matches. What other high profile coach has done this in the past many, many years? Nobody? Koll's rep has been earned. 

WTF are these "Cornell lawyers" you keep talking about?  He's not settling a score:  he's following an approved process (whose legitimacy, by the way, you always fail to acknowledge.  Go figure).

If the sport (and the USOC) were so concerned about "good looks," why is this process in place?  I'm done asking you and your doppelganger the same question that you just ignore.

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

The first two matches will be tight.  Dake wins the first.  Das Ringer wears Dake down and wins the next two.  The posters on here dont care or notice and continue to argue the merits of YOLO bricks.

Hey, stick to the topic!  :-)

56 minutes ago, tbert said:

Just looking at a wrestling match through the eyes of  Rob Koll.    You must be proud of his behavior..   look in the mirror bud.

Honestly, as much as I think the world of Cael's coaching abilities, pretending Suriano was going to wrestle in the NCAA tournament, past the point where the seeds could be adjusted, and depriving someone the opportunity a chance to wrestle instead, bothered me much more than Koll's use of a process put in place for precisely that reason. 

And all for very little, if any gain.

I'm still a PSU fan, and still respect Cael's coaching immensely, but that was far more unsettling than Koll following both the letter and spirit of the rules while going to bat for his wrestler.

4 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Honestly, as much as I think the world of Cael's coaching abilities, pretending Suriano was going to wrestle in the NCAA tournament, past the point where the seeds could be adjusted, and depriving someone the opportunity a chance to wrestle instead, bothered me much more than Koll's use of a process put in place for precisely that reason. 

And all for very little, if any gain.

I'm still a PSU fan, and still respect Cael's coaching immensely, but that was far more unsettling than Koll following both the letter and spirit of the rules while going to bat for his wrestler.

That Cael scenario may be  unsettling,  I dont know the inner workings of what went on in that situation.  There certainly is plenty of questionable decisions in the B10 tournament for seeds...etc.   In the Koll situation,  If he could not handle the loss ,I would feel a lot better if he just went through the appeal process.  He chose to publicly slander the   USAW, character of its officials and lie about events that happened within the match .  These instances are verifiable on video.   He not only said it in the heat of the moment (couple hours later) interview, but seemed to amplify these same unwarranted lies and accusations  in an interview a few days later after he had time to cool off and come to his senses.     Obviously more than a few Koll fans see nothing wrong with this behavior.   I think his behavior should be reprimanded if it hasn't; already.   

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

But that’s not what is happening. That’s is a dramatic over exaggeration of what is happening. Which again is how you’re going about it, and again says a lot about you. You keep going back to “well that’s what they do to Cael”

Question: did you act this way when Cael threw chair at a ref. Cause certainly that is a MUCH worse look for the sport than what is happening here. Arbitration in sports is a regular thing. Throwing chairs at refs is not. So surely you went on the same escapade???  Or did your position that it was “understandable given the heat of the moment” allow you to just excuse it away?  Honest question. 

When Cael threw that chair I don't think I said much at all. I didn't really like it, but so many fans were piling on him and I didn't want to either defend the chair throw or provoke the comments further. I stayed out of it. 

You could learn a lesson from that, btw. If your side didn't attack such a basic concept with such ferocity it would go away, but since you do I am going to defend the position and it lives on. There is benefit to piping down at times.

1 hour ago, klehner said:

WTF are these "Cornell lawyers" you keep talking about?  He's not settling a score:  he's following an approved process (whose legitimacy, by the way, you always fail to acknowledge.  Go figure).

If the sport (and the USOC) were so concerned about "good looks," why is this process in place?  I'm done asking you and your doppelganger the same question that you just ignore.

Point 1, don't be so disengenuous. You know Koll brought in lawyers to help in this case because KOLL himself says that.

Point 2, This is one of my favorite Cornell conspiracy theories. A true LOL it is so stupid. I thought you guys were smarter than to buy in to nonsense like that, but this is obviously not so. 

Edited by TBar1977

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

When Cael threw that chair I don't think I said much at all. I didn't really like it, but so many fans were piling on him and I didn't want to either defend the chair throw or provoke the comments further. I stayed out of it. 

You could learn a lesson from that, btw. If your side didn't attack such a basic concept with such ferocity it would go away, but since you do I am going to defend the position and it lives on. There is benefit to piping down at times.

What is “my side” and what basic concept am I attacking, and what is my level of veracity?

Edited by Lurker

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What is “my side” and what basic concept am I attacking, and what is my level of veracity?

The side that wants to have its cake and eat it too. You want to be able to challenge match results with good lawyering (as opposed to officiating) but don't want anyone else to chime in to suggest that its not what sports is supposed to be about.