CoachWrestling

Dake/Dieringer predictions

15 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Point 1, don't be so disengenuous. You know Koll brought in lawyers to help in this case because KOLL himself says that.

Point 2, This is one of my favorite Cornell conspiracy theories. A true LOL it is so stupid. I thought you guys were smarter than to buy in to nonsense like that, but this is obviously not so. 

You can't be that dense.  You've been bitching about lawyers, especially *Cornell* lawyers, since the beginning of this whole process.  As if lawyers shouldn't be involved in this process.  And especially *Cornell* lawyers.

Oh, and look up the meaning of 'doppelganger', and then tell me who is stupid.

9 minutes ago, klehner said:

You can't be that dense.  You've been bitching about lawyers, especially *Cornell* lawyers, since the beginning of this whole process.  As if lawyers shouldn't be involved in this process.  And especially *Cornell* lawyers.

Oh, and look up the meaning of 'doppelganger', and then tell me who is stupid.

I know the meaning of the word. I figured you'd trot that out. When your comrade red blades continually suggests Tbert and TBar are the same person, and at least one other Cornell fan agrees with him, then you trot out the doppelganger reference, yeah, I'm not going for the subtleties, I'm just gonna lump that into a good Cornell conspiracy theory. 

Edited by TBar1977

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The side that wants to have its cake and eat it too. You want to be able to challenge match results with good lawyering (as opposed to officiating) but don't want anyone else to chime in to suggest that its not what sports is supposed to be about. 

Nope that is all not what my point on here. Man you do not comprehend very well at all do you? we’ve covered this over and over. I’m on record here, several times, saying I don’t want to see it overturned. But what I’m doing in terms of the Koll bashing is (I’ll try this again maybe you’ll be able to pick it up this time) is going against people that they want to cry about this and how low character, scumbag, etc etc for following the rules in place. Especially people who want to excuse throwing chairs as “understandable given the heat of the moment” while at the same time dragging a guy through the mud who is following the written procedures and process.  

Your overdramatic exaggeration at play again. They are not challenging match results with good lawyering. It is challenging the procedures in which they determined the match result, after the clock hit zero, by following the process in place for just such a thing. 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nope that is all not what my point on here. Man you do not comprehend very well at all do you? we’ve covered this over and over. I’m on record here, several times, saying I don’t want to see it overturned. But what I’m doing in terms of the Koll bashing is (I’ll try this again maybe you’ll be able to pick it up this time) is going against people that they want to cry about this and how low character, scumbag, etc etc for following the rules in place. Especially people who want to excuse throwing chairs as “understandable given the heat of the moment” while at the same time dragging a guy through the mud who is following the written procedures and process.  

Your overdramatic exaggeration at play again. They are not challenging match results with good lawyering. It is challenging the procedures in which they determined the match result, after the clock hit zero, by following the process in place for just such a thing. 

Let's get real here. They are trying to over turn the result of Match 2. They are trying to use "procedures" to get this done because they can't really argue the scoring. They tried on the mat to argue scoring and the brick got handed back to them.

Let me repeat. They are trying to overturn the result in match 2. Plain and simple. It is totally disengenuous of you to even suggest otherwise. 

Edited by TBar1977

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Let's get real here. They are trying to over turn the result of Match 2. It is totally disengenuous of you to even suggest otherwise. 

Exactly. Because of the process taken place to determine the final score after the clock hit zero. They way you portray it, if someone who had know idea of the situation listen to you tell it, their perception would be they click hit zero, didn’t like that they lost, so they got on the phone with a lawyer. That’s how you’re selling it and that’s why you keep getting called out on. By multiple people not Cornell fans. But you’ll never see it they way because you can’t take your emotion out of it. 

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Exactly. Because of the process taken place to determine the final score after the clock hit zero. They way you portray it, if someone who had know idea of the situation listen to you tell it, their perception would be the clock hit zero, didn’t like that they lost, so they got on the phone with a lawyer. That’s how you’re selling it and that’s why you keep getting called out on. By multiple people not Cornell fans. But you’ll never see it they way because you can’t take your emotion out of it. 

Your description fits. When it comes down to the nitty gritty, your description fits. 

Edited by TBar1977

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Your description fits. When it comes down to the nitty gritty, your description fits. 

I seriously think you’ve proven my point better than I could. Bye Felicia. 

Just now, Lurker said:

I seriously think you’ve proven my point better than I could. Bye Felicia. 

Lurker, this is the last bastion of the weak argument, the name calling. If you can't win on merits, Lurker, then just claim the other person isn't entitled to their opinion or just cal;l them names. 

And let's not kid ourselves, Lurker, you aren't going anywhere in this argument. You'll keep responding as long as the debate is going on. 

Sorry, obviously an incidental double post. To clarify on the “bye Felicia”. It’s not name calling. I say it to my kids when we part, former students when I was in the school biz, etc. Apologies if it offends you, I honestly have never had anyone have a problem with it or took it as name calling. My bad

Edited by Lurker

14 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Lurker, this is the last bastion of the weak argument, the name calling. If you can't win on merits, Lurker, then just claim the other person isn't entitled to their opinion or just cal;l them names.

Hahahaha. It's a quote from the movie "Friday" and has become a popular dismissive phrase. It's not about PSU wrestling so you've got no reason to ever watch it.

1 minute ago, Crotalus said:

Hahahaha. It's a quote from the movie "Friday" and has become a popular dismissive phrase. It's not about PSU wrestling so you've got no reason to ever watch it.

You can guess my misunderstanding having never seen the movie. 

1 hour ago, tbert said:

That Cael scenario may be  unsettling,  I dont know the inner workings of what went on in that situation.  There certainly is plenty of questionable decisions in the B10 tournament for seeds...etc.   In the Koll situation,  If he could not handle the loss ,I would feel a lot better if he just went through the appeal process.  He chose to publicly slander the   USAW, character of its officials and lie about events that happened within the match .  These instances are verifiable on video.   He not only said it in the heat of the moment (couple hours later) interview, but seemed to amplify these same unwarranted lies and accusations  in an interview a few days later after he had time to cool off and come to his senses.     Obviously more than a few Koll fans see nothing wrong with this behavior.   I think his behavior should be reprimanded if it hasn't; already.   

I haven't heard/watched the interview in question, but I tend to agree that such allegations aren't a good look, and probably worth reprimanding.

Even if Koll actually smelled alcohol on his breath, or saw him drinking prior, those observations are probably best left to the actual appeal, and shouldn't have been aired publicly.  I can understand mentioning them in the heat of the moment, but not hours later.

Regarding Cael's behavior, I didn't mind the chair throwing incident (if anything, I learned the guy's as human as the rest of us) nearly as much as his handling of the Suriano situation.  125 lbs. was thrown into chaos for what seems like no reason, with some wrestlers gaining an arbitrary advantage, and one unable to wrestle at all. 

As much as I understand putting your team first, it just seemed completely unnecessary.  I try not to be judgmental, and there may well be a reasonable explanation, but it bothered me at the time.

I tried to explain as much to him more than once that it’s not name calling. But as we’ve established reading comprehension is not one of his strong points, whether it be natural or selective. 

On 8/8/2019 at 10:52 PM, Perry said:

I want dake to lose bc I think he and Cornell as a whole (koll) are tools. Hard to predict him to lose but give me dieringer in 2. Koll brings in his lawyers again following the results and pronounces for the world how great kyle is bc he is a cornell alum and that the usa would be fortunate to have him over dieringer on the team. Nobody cares and he and dake crawl their way back to Ithaca to watch worlds from their iPhones. My prediction for what it's worth lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

9 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Regarding Cael's behavior, I didn't mind the chair throwing incident (if anything, I learned the guy's as human as the rest of us) nearly as much as his handling of the Suriano situation.  125 lbs. was thrown into chaos for what seems like no reason, with some wrestlers gaining an arbitrary advantage, and one unable to wrestle at all. 

That one was likely Noah Baughman of Cornell.  Go figure.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Tbert I will go with you in that the comments about Tucci were over the line (it’s no secret the alcohol flows at night at these things but still over the line)

thank you

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

I agree with tbert and Tbar. these coaches that are doing exactly what they should be doing, fighting for their athletes within the rules allowed them...what low life scumbags. How the hell did they get a coaching job in the first place??  Can someone get me a chair??

I like it ..  good job...you now understand me.  

I will go with Dake. He had a better college career. Not only did he win 4 titles to Ringer's 3, he beat better guys, including 2 future world team members. Ringer didn't beat anyone who won even an NCAA title in his finals. Also, Dake has had a much better international career. Has Dake lost to any American other than world champions JB and Cox since his junior year of college?

43 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I will go with Dake. He had a better college career. Not only did he win 4 titles to Ringer's 3, he beat better guys, including 2 future world team members. Ringer didn't beat anyone who won even an NCAA title in his finals. Also, Dake has had a much better international career. Has Dake lost to any American other than world champions JB and Cox since his junior year of college?

i think he lost in the yarygin. 

i also think that "you are only appealing because you lost" is a tautology. who appeals when they win?

7 hours ago, ugarte said:

i think he lost in the yarygin. 

i also think that "you are only appealing because you lost" is a tautology. who appeals when they win?

Dake lost in the Yarygin, but not to an American.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Dake lost in the Yarygin, but not to an American.

Dake looked pretty flat in the Yarygin loss as well.  At one point he Gadzhi was able to basically limp leg out of a solid single, and Dake's defense was almost non-existent.

Of course, Gadzhi looked pretty flat in the World semis, and the match itself was really weird.  Dake teched him without ever really getting in on a shot, but his defense was much sharper than at the Yarygin.