CoachWrestling

Dake/Dieringer predictions

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I thought that was 2018 January.

I don't honestly recall it saying what. Just that he had re-injurred something that was old. Again: Google was my auto-translator. We went over this like 3 or 4 months ago in another thread. 

Ghadzi beat Dake at 18 yarigan

Ghadzi beat Ding at 19 yarigan

On 8/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, Perry said:

I want dake to lose bc I think he and Cornell as a whole (koll) are tools. Hard to predict him to lose but give me dieringer in 2. Koll brings in his lawyers again following the results and pronounces for the world how great kyle is bc he is a cornell alum and that the usa would be fortunate to have him over dieringer on the team. Nobody cares and he and dake crawl their way back to Ithaca to watch worlds from their iPhones. My prediction for what it's worth lol

I love Cael Sanderson and what he's accomplished at PSU, but the PSU fans appear to be doing their level best to be heels. This post is bush league and I'm not even a Cornell fan.

12 hours ago, misanthrope said:

I love Cael Sanderson and what he's accomplished at PSU, but the PSU fans appear to be doing their level best to be heels. This post is bush league and I'm not even a Cornell fan.

You dont have to be a PSU fan to realize Koll is a sore loser.  Hopefully there will be no embezzlement from the officials this time.

12 hours ago, misanthrope said:

What is sad is that the same 3-4 posters (or maybe the same poster under different aliases?) post the most crap, creating the illusion that this is the general consensus among all PSU fans.  I still believe that most are decent people, but it is always the loudest and shrillest minority who stand out.

LOL I'm not even a PSU fan in particular, just calling Koll out for what he is, a pompous (yet successful) coach who thinks his kids are better than others. He has said these things himself. I don't respect it and doubt that he cares if I do or not.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:39 AM, Alwayswrestling said:

Dake if at least 90 percent healthy! 

Yes!  Wondering when these were coming.  Reminds me of the all the lame dake excuses before he even wrestled Burros.

1 minute ago, tbert said:

Yes!  Wondering when these were coming.  Reminds me of the all the lame dake excuses before he even wrestled Burros.

Lighten up it is my opinion, I feel at 90 percent or better Dake wins.  Could he lose at 100percent absolutely Alex is my second favorite wrestler so I am in a win win situation here. 

37 minutes ago, Alwayswrestling said:

Lighten up it is my opinion, I feel at 90 percent or better Dake wins.  Could he lose at 100percent absolutely Alex is my second favorite wrestler so I am in a win win situation here. 

I say Dieringer wins if Dake is at 99%. But that also depends if it is officiated 100% fairly which it wont be due to Koll intimidating USAW refs.  Another hurdle Dieringer will have to overcome to win.

If anything I would imagine that USA Refs would lean towards not making a call on Koll's behalf because of the way he acts. Hopefully they are neutral and unbiased (I think they will be)

14 minutes ago, tbert said:

I say Dieringer wins if Dake is at 99%. But that also depends if it is officiated 100% fairly which it wont be due to Koll intimidating USAW refs.  Another hurdle Dieringer will have to overcome to win.

From what we've seen, calls dont go their way, but whatever. Whoever wins will be ready to get a gold.

18 minutes ago, tbert said:

Surely you don’t think the refs are intimidated by Koll?  Pretty sure the Yianni/Zain review would have come out different if that were the case. 

3 hours ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Dake in 3.  Everything objective I'm looking at (results, health, trajectory) says Ringer, but Dake has something subjective which I will never bet against.  He is a "Champion" in some way that is hard to quantify.

I'm actually encouraged that the fantasy predictions seem to be going against Dake; if the pattern holds to history...

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Surely you don’t think the refs are intimidated by Koll?  Pretty sure the Yianni/Zain review would have come out different if that were the case. 

I believe they may be now since he threw out a gauntlet of unwarranted accusations against them, hired attorneys, etc...

Yeah, I could envision Koll and his Cornell lawyers intimidating refs going forward. This would be especially true if the Cornell lawyers prevail in the arbitration. 

USAW is probably lightly funded, so having to defend their actions against a barrage of legal filings from Ivy trained lawyers could be intimidating. 

I can assure you both they, particularly the ones who will be working the series, aren’t going to be intimidated. I mean if nothing else, being called names is far less intimidating than having chairs thrown at you. But none the less, everything will be fine. 

Edited by Lurker

I really want Dieringer to win cause he has an entertaining style of wrestling and I genuinely believe he’s good enough to win a world championship at this weight, (and maybe even medal at 86) But there’s that whole thing about Dake and fantasy matchups that tells me deep down he’s gonna wind up taking it, probably in three tight matches. Afterwards everyone will talk about how close Ringer was, and how he’s gonna be a threat at the trials for 86 in 2020. I just hope we see quality wrestling free of officiating screw ups/other chicanery, either one of these guys can bring home gold for the US

Why even have low life, common folk officials anyway?   A better option would be to have a matside team of over intelligent greasy lawyers making certain rules are not "misappropriated" and even some  Olympic Committee arbitrators with 5 second stopwatches,  can obviously do a much better job than a bunch of drunk or hungover refs that Koll has to keep waking up.  Maybe they can get a referral from a dental school graduate/plastic surgeon to administer a breathalizer matside for officials.   Only the best for an entitled Koll trained athlete.