Lurker

Anything from arbitration?

6 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Never really saw it that way. They have a process for correcting mistakes that occur during matches and a process for when coaches point those mistakes out. Its a video review conducted by the referee delegate and chair, and they performed that review when the action stopped. This should never have gone to the lawyers and arbitrators. It is now officially a mess. 

I guess the rules and process were not followed... at least we get to see these 2 scrap it out at least 1 more time... that’s a win for all of us fans of good wrestling!

8 minutes ago, Savage74 said:

I guess the rules and process were not followed... at least we get to see these 2 scrap it out at least 1 more time... that’s a win for all of us fans of good wrestling!

Just hope one of them clearly comes out ahead this time. Which ever guy wins I am 100 percent backing at Worlds.

Edited by TBar1977

Shocked, but happy with this result as I think Yianni is the best option for worlds, especially with a possible injury for Zain. And if Zain comes out and beats him again, he proves he's healthy enough to compete and contend as well. 

I do wish this would have been resolved sooner thought. I don't like having to determine the spot so close to worlds. Other than that, i think this was the best result for Team USA.

4 minutes ago, AIW-HS said:

Is Zain going to be healthy enough to wrestle in 2 weeks?

I think Worlds are in 4.   So if he’s not in wrestling shape to battle at a high level in around 2 weeks it’s likely a smarter move to go with Yanni anyway.  

Edited by MadMardigain

5 hours ago, Juddster said:

Sad state of wrestling thought just like in other sports one lives with decisions that may or not be correct. Opens up a can of worms.  Soon will be seeing people sue for damages.  

While that sounds great, when it's you, your kid, or your wrestler, and especially when it's a WTT match, you'll probably appreciate its existence.

Nor am I sure why it's considered so distasteful to take advantage of a process put in place for precisely the reason it was used.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Clearly they (Koll) has taken it beyond the mat. Once he got the lawyers involved I am not sure what could have been done to avoid this long drawn out appeal.

So we will have an arbitrator instead of a wrestling officiating body settle it and it appears we are going to find out what the arbitrator's ruling is tonite. 

Did you not read my post? I clearly stated that it has gone beyond the mat, that is not in dispute. You did not address even one of the points I was making. Either your reading comprehension is very low, or you are deflecting...

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

So now I would really like to know if we can get ahold of the transcripts. 

I doubt we get transcripts.  It's no guarantee that the hearing was even recorded for a transcript to be made.  A party likely would have to request it be recorded beforehand.

Outside of the final award I'm not sure we'll get to see anything else.  Maybe the arbitration demand/answer or briefs, but one reason people choose the arbitration process is precisely because it all is not public.

1 minute ago, Katie said:

Will the arbitrator’s decision be posted anywhere? 

All others arbitration decisions are posted here.  Hopefully it will be posted sooner rather than later.  May show up elsewhere first.

11 hours ago, ugarte said:

Zain leads 1-0. They rewrestle match 2.

Go Yianni.

And go lawyers. We're the best.

At least this one was not an everyday greasy lawyer seemed to actually have some common sense.

I haven’t read all the posts but these kinds of arbitrations aren’t new. Lee Roy Smith and Randy Lewis for example. The system has to allow for some kind of mechanism to right egregious wrongs. It prevents corruption but sadly not without the potential for corruption too.