Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

Question about Forum Rules

Serious Question.  Every Gable Steveson thread is now getting locked. 

Was this the same when Andrew Long got in trouble?  Chance?  Jose Rodriguez?  

I'm very concerned that the moderation on this board is quickly becoming Twitter-level, whereby the very mention of something that one party deems controversial becomes censored (yet other parties do not deem it controversial). 

I genuinely come to these boards, as many times, "breaking news" is broken here.  I do not live in these specific geographies, so the "news" must be sought after.  I'd much prefer to come here to understand what the latest may be on Gable's situation, the latest Pat Downey antics, why Spencer Lee hasn't wrestled Freestyle, and why we all think that Demas/Lee may be the 141 final this upcoming season.  

So.. why?  Why are all of the Gable threads being locked, but the other threads related to other wrestlers and their legal situations were rarely, if ever, locked or censored.  What gives.  And dammit, why can't someone post the facts, links to actual articles, etc. about these topics so that people like me (and many many others) can digest those facts for themselves. 

If the forum moderation is going to continue this censorship quest, I'm concerned that USA Wrestling may lose some followership.  Please don't lose followership.  Please allow folks to discuss, genuinely, current events and facts.  Sure... if it turns south because of some jackhole, then lock the thread.  Otherwise, if it's information-sharing, let it ride...

Agreed. I understand censoring foul language and derogatory, unfounded rumors, but Gable's situation involves official charges and has been reported by mainstream news organizations. Censoring on here is not appropriate - this type of discussion is exactly what these boards are for.

45 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Watch it Treep!  You are flying way too close to the sun.

At least silently deleting the thread is better than JB coming on and berating wrestling fans and forum members.

Hey, it's not my fault people can be a$$holes. Nothing like people blaming someone else for their own problems.

JChapman, don't believe you've ever taken the time to directly contact me about a concern. Ever. That also isn't my fault. I'm at jason@bryantwrestling.com and my DM's are open on Twitter and my inbox is plenty open here, too. Have a good day.