13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Brutal day. Just checked.

Absolutely jacked.

Sloan is undersized so his performance was encouraging.

Brooks looked afraid in his match. Haven't watched Lee's or Thomas's yet.

Track has Sloan score wrong he lost 12-2 

4 minutes ago, justafan said:

Track has Sloan score wrong he lost 12-2 

I knew that. I was excited to see him in action. Him and Brooks and Lee. I figured Lee would lose the way he did. Brooks surprised me, although he did better than last time these guys wrestled. Sloan is an unknown in freestyle. He is right there with Davison and Whitman in folkstyle though.

8 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Arujau is the real deal.  Sold.  He's going to give Lee fits this upcoming season.  

I rate Spencer only a 50/50 chance of repeating this coming year. I say "only" because so many think he's as close to a 100 percent lock as possible. 50/50 is still as high as anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It's pathological, you literally can not help yourself, geezus.

I thought the comment was appropriate given the two comments about Arujau beating Lee at next year's NCAA's. Too bad you are so easily triggered. 

Right.  You know what has a lot of bearing on this situation?  Lee's tournament from 3 years ago.  GTFOH.  "Triggered"?  Lets go read any thread discussing Zain/Yianni and talk about who's triggered, lol.

Edited by VakAttack

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Right.  You know what has a lot of bearing on this situation?  Lee's tournament from 3 years ago.  GTFOH.  "Triggered"?  Lets go read any thread discussing Zain/Yianni and talk about who's triggered, lol.

Let me revise it for your triggered sensibilities. Arujau looks like a real solid maybe 50/50 threat to beat Spencer Lee next year at NCAA's, if neither redshirts. 

to be fair, there has not been one junior who ever won 50kg and then went and placed as a senior on the world level...

not one...

winning a child's weight in juniors means absolutely nothing for senior level success...

just an FYI for the kids here...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

to be fair, there has not been one junior who ever won 50kg and then went and placed as a senior on the world level...

not one...

winning a child's weight in juniors means absolutely nothing for senior level success...

I agree, but it also has nothing to do with today, it was just an excuse for tbar to take a potshot at Lee.  Spencer Lee's freestyle performance from 3 years ago has nothing to do with whether VIto's performance from today is an indicator that Vito will beat Spencer next year.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I agree, but it also has nothing to do with today, it was just an excuse for tbar to take a potshot at Lee.  Spencer Lee's freestyle performance from 3 years ago has nothing to do with whether VIto's performance from today is an indicator that Vito will beat Spencer next year.

of course it doesn't... 

tbar is playing the only role he can...

but, in this instance he is not wrong...

a broken clock is right twice a day as well...

Just now, LJB said:

of course it doesn't... 

tbar is playing the only role he can...

but, in this instance he is not wrong...

a broken clock is right twice a day as well...

I agree that the statement is factually correct, it just has no value in today's discussion.

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

not one...

Zaur Uguev

2013 junior 50kg champ

2018 senior 57kg champ

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Lol. You have Iowa fans penciling in Lee like he's automatic to be our 57Kg world team rep next year. One Iowa fan went so far as to post a match where Lee beat Fix in 8th freaking grade. Why don't you go over to HR and get all huffy with that guy? 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Lol. You have Iowa fans penciling in Lee like he's automatic to be our 57Kg world team rep next year. One Iowa fan went so far as to post a match where Lee beat Fix in 8th freaking grade. Why don't you go over to HR and get all huffy with that guy? 

Again, that has NOTHING TO DO WITH TODAY OR THIS THREAD!  What are you even talking about?  Did I say Lee is a shoe-in to rep the US at 57?  Did anybody in this thread?  So you're now claiming that you posted that in this thread as some attempt to reply to somebody on HR that the vast, vast majority of people on this forum wouldn't ever have known existed?  Can we have another conversation about triggered?