2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Zaur Uguev

2013 junior 50kg champ

2018 senior 57kg champ

to be fair, at the time lee won 50 it was true... if that has changed then so be it... 

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Again, that has NOTHING TO DO WITH TODAY OR THIS THREAD!  What are you even talking about?  Did I say Lee is a shoe-in to rep the US at 57?  Did anybody in this thread?  So you're now claiming that you posted that in this thread as some attempt to reply to somebody on HR that the vast, vast majority of people on this forum wouldn't ever have known existed?  Can we have another conversation about triggered?

Look at how upset you are getting. And at what? An offhand comment on the internet that one performance was more impressive than another. That's pretty thin skinned, Vak. 

Edit: And I didn't post in reply to the HR comment, but rather the two prior comments about Arujau and Lee. I only mention the HR comment because of your being incensed over here because of someone bringing up a match from 3 years ago but not incensed over there when someone does the exact same thing. You read that board all the time. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Look at how upset you are getting. And at what? An offhand comment on the internet that one performance was more impressive than another. That's pretty thin skinned, Vak. 

Great job avoiding commenting on the stupidity of your point.  And you understand that capitalization doesn't mean upset, it can just be emphasizing a point since you seem to struggle with reading comprehension, correct?

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Great job avoiding commenting on the stupidity of your point.  And you understand that capitalization doesn't mean upset, it can just be emphasizing a point since you seem to struggle with reading comprehension, correct?

Capitalizing is considered screaming on the internet. Also, read my edit. 

Edited by TBar1977

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Edit: And I didn't post in reply to the HR comment, but rather the two prior comments about Arujau and Lee. I only mention the HR comment because of your being incensed over here because of someone bringing up a match from 3 years ago but not incensed over there when someone does the exact same thing. You read that board all the time. 

I actually DON'T read the boards most of the off-season, so I had no idea that comment existed.  I came here because I was checking on the Junior World results.

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

to be fair, there has not been one junior who ever won 50kg and then went and placed as a senior on the world level...

not one...

winning a child's weight in juniors means absolutely nothing for senior level success...

just an FYI for the kids here..

+ Ali Reza Dabir, Dilshod Mansurov is couple who quickly came to mind. 

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Zaur Uguev

2013 junior 50kg champ

2018 senior 57kg champ

just looked at results...

Uguev was Dq'd...

Atli ended up with gold...

soooooooo...

i can't believe i'm typing this given everything in the arbitration threads but ... would all of you shut up and stop yelling at tbar. it is so easy to get people here angry that i mostly don't even bother. i'm a huge ******* on twitter but here i just engage honestly because getting people mad here is like stealing inflatables from a kiddie pool. 

Also, Vito kicks ass and if someone could post a link to the video archive i'd appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, ugarte said:

i'm a huge ******* on twitter but here i just engage honestly because getting people mad here is like stealing inflatables from a kiddie pool. 

I love it (meaning I love that line. Funny stuff)

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

In juniors or seniors?

juniors... no clue why... just looked at results...

don't worry though... i've already been shown to be a bit foolish about the statement...

6 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Also, Vito kicks ass and if someone could post a link to the video archive i'd appreciate it.

answered this for myself: Track has it paywalled. 

Edited by ugarte

Are USA Cadet and Junior teams getting Kevin Jackson’d?

USA Senior Coach 2000-2008.  Rides the initial wave of talent, but over time deteriorates into the worst era of USA wrestling 

Iowa State 2010-2017- Pretty much the same thing happened.

USA developmental coach 2017-present- Trend?

6 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

Are USA Cadet and Junior teams getting Kevin Jackson’d?

USA Senior Coach 2000-2008.  Rides the initial wave of talent, but over time deteriorates into the worst era of USA wrestling 

Iowa State 2010-2017- Pretty much the same thing happened.

USA developmental coach 2017-present- Trend?

Certainly an interesting look at it.  

If Arujao strikes Gold, he's certainly earned it. If David Carr expects to do the same, he'll have to run a similar gauntlet! He's got Russian first match, Iranian second match. If he prevails, his reward is returning champ Ghadzviyev from Azerbijan in the semis. Good news is if he makes it through, his finals matchup will likely be against some dude from Turkmenistan or Bahrain or something. LOL!

Edited by LifeintheRed

42 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Wait, do we know that Vito legit dominated? Koll probably threatened all of Vitos opponents with lawyers if they didnt let him win!!!

29 minutes ago, klehner said:

Not just lawyers, but Cornell lawyers.

++

23 minutes ago, LifeintheRed said:

Download the TOR browser- you can see it anytime you want on UWW website using this browser

I don't need to see it thru a Tor browser (others may wish to take your advice but that's up to them) . I paid Track the $49.99 and can view it thru their site. 

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I don't need to see it thru a Tor browser (others may wish to take your advice but that's up to them) . I paid Track the $49.99 and can view it thru their site. 

I couldn't bring myself to pay $30 for an event that starts at 3:30am. Can't download Tor either because after the tournament is over I don't need to buy heroin or guns.