6 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I assume that Americans having to pay while others do not (if this is indeed what's happening) is arranged by UWW. Does anyone know why UWW wants it that way?

I'm sure they sell the rights to 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I'm sure UWW would like everyone to pay, but they probably can't get everyone to pay. Just like Americans pay top dollar for Pharma while giving it away cheap in other Countries. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I'm sure UWW would like everyone to pay, but they probably can't get everyone to pay. Just like Americans pay top dollar for Pharma while giving it away cheap in other Countries. 

Ding Ding Ding.  Johnny, tell him what he's won!

Just now, Crotalus said:

I love seeing great technique, but I often find it more impressive when a guy is seemingly dead in the water and is able to pull a counter out of nowhere to roll the other guy through.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Having great technique gives everyone the solid footing to know they are your points. I give Vito a lot of credit on that one. He looked like Dake!

9 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The art of the deal baby. 

Edited by The Genius

We won World’s a couple years ago and we have been performing pretty well in Juniors in the past couple years. I’m surprised
They luck of the random draw.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I assume that Americans having to pay while others do not (if this is indeed what's happening) is arranged by UWW. Does anyone know why UWW wants it that way?

In the US, wrestling is a niche audience by broadcast standards but a viewership with the disposable income to pay for the product, so a subscription service buys the local rights.  Plus almost all broadcast is in private hands here, which isn't true all over.

30 minutes ago, LifeintheRed said:

I don't really look at it like that. I lived overseas for 10 years where I didn't have to pay to watch UWW events. Existentially speaking, I'm the same person regardless of my geographic location at any one point in time, so why should I have to pay now based on something so trivial as longitude and latitude? Cornell lawyers have nothing on me! haha! 

Because UWW has a business model in which they are paid by a US provider for the US rights, and that provider also has a business model in which subscribers pay them.  That means anyone with at US-based IP address pays them (track) for the privilege of viewing the content that track *has paid for*.  track doesn't give a rat's ass that you are the same person no matter where you are.

What you are doing is pirating content.  If enough people do it, then track won't bother any more, and maybe UWW will start charging *everyone*, regardless of longitude and latitude.

46 minutes ago, ugarte said:

i finally cracked and subscribed to flo for the US Open and I'm mad at myself for waiting so long.

Pretty much me a few years back.

After I did I was so angry at myself while I caught up on content I had WISHED I had before.

54 minutes ago, NJDan said:

UWW can sell the rights in America and nobody bought them elsewhere.

My two unpopular cents:

* Vito:  Bringin' it.  Love it.  Go get 'em tiger.

* Yahya:  Who?  Seriously.  If Yahya won 65kg, i'm having difficulty believing that our 65kg depth is there.  We have difficulty on the Senior level at this weight as well, given Logies, Frank's, Zains, Metcalf's, etc. issues at being a consistent medal threat.  Maybe things change in the next year or two?

* Brayton Lee:  I think it's lack of experience, more than anything, and he had a tough match.  Sometimes it's the draw.  Also, call me crazy, but an "in-shape" Sasso (i.e. not the one we saw gas horribly against Lee) probably does very well, as I believe his style translates well to the international scene.

* Brooks:  Well... he hit a hammer, and his hammer hit another hammer.  So... he may have been the 3rd best in the whole field.  If they wrestle 10 more times, does Brooks win any?  Win half?  Win most?  He's "there" in my book, but just hit a pretty hard bump.

* Sloan:  Realistically... who?  He came out of nowwhere, and burned through some people by surprise.  I think this is chalked up to lack of international experience also.  But... some would argue that the 92kg-97kg depth in the USA is a bit suspect.  Snyder, and Cox = Awesome... but... our backups, and our backup backups should all be pushing each other (like the Russians).

Abe (JPN) is a little black belt freestyler. Nice low single straight to a lace, a killer high and low gut - both ways, and he can throw. Dominated his half. 

Should be a real fun finals against Vito. Looking for major fireworks.   :D

Finals tomorrow at 11am eastern?  

6 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

I’m pretty pissed. How are we doing so poorly? I thought USA Wrestling was starting to turn things around but I guess that might have been just a year in which we performed well and now we’re back to our normal self, middle of the pack. I was getting excited too but I guess it was premature. 

I think we had a bad day.  Let's see how we do tomorrow.  I would be really bummed if we aren't really a world power in wrestling.  That would be an illusion I want to last.  

1 hour ago, 2td3nf said:

Abe (JPN) is a little black belt freestyler. Nice low single straight to a lace, a killer high and low gut - both ways, and he can throw. Dominated his half. 

I don't know what a black belt freestyler is, but Abe's half was pretty weak (no pun intended).  Vito comfortably 6-2, maybe more.

2 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

Mathematically he still has a chance.

2 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

1 pm eastern according to flo

1 hour ago, LifeintheRed said:

I don't know what a black belt freestyler is, but Abe's half was pretty weak (no pun intended).  Vito comfortably 6-2, maybe more.

I think it will be high scoring, but Abe seems to gas. 

45 minutes ago, BallandChain said:

Most VPN is cheaper than anything track or flo sells. The rest of the world gets it for free, while two American companies try to "grow the sport" but charging Americans.

1. Vpn

2. Watch live 

3 UWW has the brackets with individual boots. 

This argument makes no sense. 

Please start your own thread if you want to argue about tv rights 

We have 3 guys in the semis and the remaining two matches are winnable. We can realistically have 5 in the semis today. That would mean all 5 wrestle for medals. 

Even cooler - 3 of our guys beat Iranians in the quarters. Iran is good on the senior level, but they are even better as of late in the junior level. These Iranian kids are very good and we managed to beat them today. Really impressive all around