Sign in to follow this  
sidakova4991

Russian World Team Wrestle-offs slated for 16th August

Credit to Ivan for the post.

I didn't expect it to be so soon, but the-sooner-the-better I guess.

57kg:  Aryan Tyutrin vs. Zaur Uguev

74kg:  Magomed Kurbanaliev vs. Zaurbek Sidakov

97kg:  Abdulrashid Sadulaev vs. Vladislav Baitsaev  

all good matches without live-streams or recordings...  

Who do you predict to win?

I think the safest bets are:  Uguev, Sidakov and Sadulaev.

Edited by sidakova4991
To correct links

I think JB is more likely to beat Kurbanaliev and he won’t have seeding points, so I’m rooting for him. JB would end up facing Chamizo most likely in the semis if Kurbanaliev wins the wrestleoff. At least I hope. Having those 3 on the same side would be a travesty, but that is what happened last year with Sidakov. 

a rematch vs Sidakov in the semis would be fun though. JB can certainly win, but he’d be an underdog. 

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Kinda sketchy. There is no chance Sadulaev loses his spot even if he gets teched (barring injury of course)

The qualification demonstrates some of the major cultural differences we have. It is interesting.  

3kg allowance is a big advantage for Baitsaev, he's huge.  Probably not enough but if there's any place he has a shot it's with those weigh in rules. 

6 hours ago, Gantry said:

3kg allowance is a big advantage for Baitsaev, he's huge.  Probably not enough but if there's any place he has a shot it's with those weigh in rules. 

I wonder what the logic is behind such a big weigh allowance? Why wouldn’t they want to see how they perform under the same conditions they’ll have to at the world championships?

And am I reading that correctly in that 57kg guys also get a 3kg allowance? That’s crazy. They’re having guys weigh in at 60kg to compete for the 57kg spot when there’s a 61kg weight class.