headshuck

What if Lee Fullhart had continued to beat Cael Sanderson?

It definitely would’ve changed things, if only because it would’ve made Cael compete longer. No way I see him retiring so young without having that Olympic gold. The longer he competes, the longer he waits to become a head coach. If he waited another 4+ years to become a head coach things probably would’ve been different. Maybe the same stars don’t align to make the PSU job available at the absolute perfect time for Cael and he’s still at ISU or settled into another B10 job.

I remember his body language from the whole weekend and after that match in particular, and got the feeling he was not digging this at all. It would have been interesting to see if....say Fullhart would have decided to put him down instead of staying on their feet with that last passivity (I’ve always wondered about that) and gotten a turn and won that match. 

But anyway. 

Well if Fullhart could've made our team and then won a world medal or title, who knows what would've happened. As far as Cael is concerned, I have no actual knowledge as to why Cael's international career was the length it was, but I read or watched something one time about Cael's training for the Olympics, and the jist of it was that he had pushed himself to his absolute physical limits in preperation. So, maybe after accomplishing his goal, along with what must have been an unimaginable amount of training, there might not have been anything left in his tank, and he just simply went out on top. 

Well if Fullhart could've made our team and then won a world medal or title, who knows what would've happened. As far as Cael is concerned, I have no actual knowledge as to why Cael's international career was the length it was, but I read or watched something one time about Cael's training for the Olympics, and the jist of it was that he had pushed himself to his absolute physical limits in preperation. So, maybe after accomplishing his goal, along with what must have been an unimaginable amount of training, there might not have been anything left in his tank, and he just simply went out on top. 
He didn't leave on top. He left with a 13/3 loss to Satriov to take 5th at 2011 Worlds.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk