DFino

Whatever happened to lewboo (and other classic posters)?

Early 2000's to a few years ago this place had it going on

lewboo, Medicine_Man, Big, and a host of characters and good natured trolling

A new thread every other minute

Now everyone's all serious

It's not the same anymore

It had a different personality that's for sure.  Some of the convo's now are great.  We get off topic a bit, but it's just different than some of the fun and clever repertoire that happened.  Too bad, some of these guys now would fit like a glove.  Not everything was better then.

Solid post. Some memorable names, hopefully theyre all well :)
I think the boards are still pretty good for wrestling talk and humor. It can go the other way for sure, where we veer into politics and anger, but such is the nature of a forum.

I see a lot of our convos get regurgitated elsewhere as facebook/Twitter/Instagram post: ...a day later, that always makes me smile.

It's just the nature of the beast.  The forum I regularly visited(Mainly an Ohio forum) 10-15 yrs ago changed format and people left.  I found another that was again mainly Ohio with a bit of a broader brush.  I still visit there, but many of the people who were there at the beginning have gone now.  I believe much of it had to do with where their kids were, HS, college, etc.  Many of the regular posters move on when their 'kids' move on.  I found this forum a couple of years ago and it's been by far the best forum for me. All of them slow down terribly during the Summer months, but this has still been the best.

They all had their regulars, their informed, their newbies, their trolls, their 'old' guys, etc.  This forum is my 'goto' for sure!  Thanks to all.

lewboo was the MAN! First, you have to understand that our reality here is our reality here and the laws of physics that apply here are not consistent throughout the universe. For instance, temperature. We know what it means to be hot and cold here, but what about a billion degrees one way or the other? Matter itself would change - reality would be completely different. Can this even exist? What about time? We may measure time here, but our time measurements do not matter anywhere else in the universe. String theory? Quantum physics? You have to understand we know so very very little. Let's try to stay on topic, the mods will grow restless!