Jump to content
wrestlingnerd

Yianni won the arbitration. Next steps?

Recommended Posts

couple thoughts - the dogu match favors zain. Zain made adjustments after losing at us open. Yanni made adjustments after losing at trials. Now it's Zains turn.

With that said, I think Yanni is the better wrestler and will win the spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Y is a NY guy and Zain a PA guy, perhaps a wrestle-off could take place in NJ.   

No reason to send them all the way to Texas given the proximity of Worlds.

Another possibility would be to do it an upcoming training camp -- in Colorado is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Since Y is a NY guy and Zain a PA guy, perhaps a wrestle-off could take place in NJ.   

No reason to send them all the way to Texas given the proximity of Worlds.

Another possibility would be to do it an upcoming training camp -- in Colorado is it?

Hold it at Rutgers again, and the Final X fans that paid for that event should get a free pass. I'm one of them, so I'm very biased on that recommendation.

Rich Bender said in the Flo interview that they'll try to arrange for the match(es) to take place close to where they both live, so my biased recommendation has some merit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Any chance Cael or the team USA coaches are so annoyed by the process they decide they don’t want the cameras and hold the wrestle off With just the team and no Flo

Why would Cael even have a say in the matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Hold it at Rutgers again, and the Final X fans that paid for that event should get a free pass. I'm one of them, so I'm very biased on that recommendation.

Rich Bender said in the Flo interview that they'll try to arrange for the match(es) to take place close to where they both live, so my biased recommendation has some merit.

Did you keep your ticket stub?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, red blades said:

Why would Cael even have a say in the matter?

Because he one the most important figures in the sport and because his athlete just had his spot stripped in court , so I’m pretty sure Cael or NLWC will have some input where and when this is gonna be held 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Because he one the most important figures in the sport and because his athlete just had his spot stripped in court , so I’m pretty sure Cael or NLWC will have some input where and when this is gonna be held 

his athlete was gifted that spot by an illegal yolo brick and incompetent referees, but, don't let that fact get in your way...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, scribe said:

So is Eugene Oregon 

True.  But the Ducks don't recognize wrestling anymore.  Do they still have mats?

Bethlehem is ~3 hours driving distance for each.  Google maps results:

  • Cornell to Lehigh:  3hr 1min
  • PSU to Lehigh:  2hr 49min

Mansfield University (PA) is probably the best midpoint, less than 1hr 45min for each.

  • Cornell to Mansfield:  1hr 21min
  • PSU to Mansfield:  1hr 45min
Edited by lu_alum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LJB said:

his athlete was gifted that spot by an illegal yolo brick and incompetent referees, but, don't let that fact get in your way...

 

His athlete won match 1 10-4 and if scored correctly the second match was 6-6 Zain on criteria , yea the challenge was late so they’ll re wrestle which is fair but the official correct scoring of match 2 is 6-6 but to act like this is a Kolat situation and Zain was gifted something is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

His athlete won match 1 10-4 and if scored correctly the second match was 6-6 Zain on criteria , yea the challenge was late so they’ll re wrestle which is fair but the official correct scoring of match 2 is 6-6 but to act like this is a Kolat situation and Zain was gifted something is ridiculous.

First of all, I don’t think anyone can say for sure how that exchange should’ve been scored. It was very subjective. In fact, I’d be willing to bet 9/10 times that it would have been 2 blue in any international tournament. Secondly, the officials literally BROKE THE RULES to give zain the win. Sounds like a gift to me. 

EDIT: I do agree though that it wasn’t quite as bad as the Kolat situation. 

Edited by CMickey92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CMickey92 said:

First of all, I don’t think anyone can say for sure how that exchange should’ve been scored. It was very subjective. In fact, I’d be willing to bet 9/10 times that it would have been 2 blue in any international tournament. Secondly, the officials literally BROKE THE RULES to give zain the win. Sounds like a gift to me. 

I think the people paid to score it can say for sure because you know that’s what they are paid for. They went back 40 seconds instead of 15 to fix a scoring error ,which I get is a violation of the process , which is why I understand the arbitration decision but you and a lot of others are out here acting like this is a franklin Gómez 2016 situation but in reality the refs messed up the scoring and waited 20 seconds to long to fix it there isn’t a deep conspiracy or a Kolat situation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I think the people paid to score it can say for sure because you know that’s what they are paid for. They went back 40 seconds instead of 15 to fix a scoring error ,which I get is a violation of the process , which is why I understand the arbitration decision but you and a lot of others are out here acting like this is a franklin Gómez 2016 situation but in reality the refs messed up the scoring and waited 20 seconds to long to fix it there isn’t a deep conspiracy or a Kolat situation 

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on the subjectivity of that call then. Point still stands though on Zain being gifted that win through bad officiating. I guess it also depends on your definition of being gifted a win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Because he one the most important figures in the sport and because his athlete just had his spot stripped in court , so I’m pretty sure Cael or NLWC will have some input where and when this is gonna be held 

I'd say its up to USA wrestling to set the time and place.  Of course, Cael can refuse to attend... But I don't think Zain will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...