wrestlingnerd

Yianni won the arbitration. Next steps?

couple thoughts - the dogu match favors zain. Zain made adjustments after losing at us open. Yanni made adjustments after losing at trials. Now it's Zains turn.

With that said, I think Yanni is the better wrestler and will win the spot.

Since Y is a NY guy and Zain a PA guy, perhaps a wrestle-off could take place in NJ.   

No reason to send them all the way to Texas given the proximity of Worlds.

Another possibility would be to do it an upcoming training camp -- in Colorado is it?

52 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Since Y is a NY guy and Zain a PA guy, perhaps a wrestle-off could take place in NJ.   

No reason to send them all the way to Texas given the proximity of Worlds.

Another possibility would be to do it an upcoming training camp -- in Colorado is it?

Hold it at Rutgers again, and the Final X fans that paid for that event should get a free pass. I'm one of them, so I'm very biased on that recommendation.

Rich Bender said in the Flo interview that they'll try to arrange for the match(es) to take place close to where they both live, so my biased recommendation has some merit.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Any chance Cael or the team USA coaches are so annoyed by the process they decide they don’t want the cameras and hold the wrestle off With just the team and no Flo

Why would Cael even have a say in the matter?

2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Hold it at Rutgers again, and the Final X fans that paid for that event should get a free pass. I'm one of them, so I'm very biased on that recommendation.

Rich Bender said in the Flo interview that they'll try to arrange for the match(es) to take place close to where they both live, so my biased recommendation has some merit.

Did you keep your ticket stub?

3 hours ago, red blades said:

Why would Cael even have a say in the matter?

Because he one the most important figures in the sport and because his athlete just had his spot stripped in court , so I’m pretty sure Cael or NLWC will have some input where and when this is gonna be held 

7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Because he one the most important figures in the sport and because his athlete just had his spot stripped in court , so I’m pretty sure Cael or NLWC will have some input where and when this is gonna be held 

his athlete was gifted that spot by an illegal yolo brick and incompetent referees, but, don't let that fact get in your way...

46 minutes ago, scribe said:

So is Eugene Oregon 

True.  But the Ducks don't recognize wrestling anymore.  Do they still have mats?

Bethlehem is ~3 hours driving distance for each.  Google maps results:

• Cornell to Lehigh:  3hr 1min
  • PSU to Lehigh:  2hr 49min

Mansfield University (PA) is probably the best midpoint, less than 1hr 45min for each.

• Cornell to Mansfield:  1hr 21min
  • PSU to Mansfield:  1hr 45min
Edited by lu_alum

58 minutes ago, LJB said:

his athlete was gifted that spot by an illegal yolo brick and incompetent referees, but, don't let that fact get in your way...

His athlete won match 1 10-4 and if scored correctly the second match was 6-6 Zain on criteria , yea the challenge was late so they’ll re wrestle which is fair but the official correct scoring of match 2 is 6-6 but to act like this is a Kolat situation and Zain was gifted something is ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

His athlete won match 1 10-4 and if scored correctly the second match was 6-6 Zain on criteria , yea the challenge was late so they’ll re wrestle which is fair but the official correct scoring of match 2 is 6-6 but to act like this is a Kolat situation and Zain was gifted something is ridiculous.

First of all, I don’t think anyone can say for sure how that exchange should’ve been scored. It was very subjective. In fact, I’d be willing to bet 9/10 times that it would have been 2 blue in any international tournament. Secondly, the officials literally BROKE THE RULES to give zain the win. Sounds like a gift to me. 

EDIT: I do agree though that it wasn’t quite as bad as the Kolat situation. 

Edited by CMickey92

3 minutes ago, CMickey92 said:

First of all, I don’t think anyone can say for sure how that exchange should’ve been scored. It was very subjective. In fact, I’d be willing to bet 9/10 times that it would have been 2 blue in any international tournament. Secondly, the officials literally BROKE THE RULES to give zain the win. Sounds like a gift to me. 

I think the people paid to score it can say for sure because you know that’s what they are paid for. They went back 40 seconds instead of 15 to fix a scoring error ,which I get is a violation of the process , which is why I understand the arbitration decision but you and a lot of others are out here acting like this is a franklin Gómez 2016 situation but in reality the refs messed up the scoring and waited 20 seconds to long to fix it there isn’t a deep conspiracy or a Kolat situation 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I think the people paid to score it can say for sure because you know that’s what they are paid for. They went back 40 seconds instead of 15 to fix a scoring error ,which I get is a violation of the process , which is why I understand the arbitration decision but you and a lot of others are out here acting like this is a franklin Gómez 2016 situation but in reality the refs messed up the scoring and waited 20 seconds to long to fix it there isn’t a deep conspiracy or a Kolat situation 

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on the subjectivity of that call then. Point still stands though on Zain being gifted that win through bad officiating. I guess it also depends on your definition of being gifted a win. 

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I'd say its up to USA wrestling to set the time and place.  Of course, Cael can refuse to attend... But I don't think Zain will.