wrestlingnerd

Yianni won the arbitration. Next steps?

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

His athlete won match 1 10-4 and if scored correctly the second match was 6-6 Zain on criteria , yea the challenge was late so they’ll re wrestle which is fair but the official correct scoring of match 2 is 6-6 but to act like this is a Kolat situation and Zain was gifted something is ridiculous.

The actual correct scoring should have been 6-4 yanni...

incorrect scoring with failed challenge should have been 9-6...

instead they went off the reservation completely...

but, again... facts and all that...

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

True.  But the Ducks don't recognize wrestling anymore.  Do they still have mats?

Bethlehem is ~3 hours driving distance for each.  Google maps results:

• Cornell to Lehigh:  3hr 1min
  • PSU to Lehigh:  2hr 49min

Mansfield University (PA) is probably the best midpoint, less than 1hr 45min for each.

• Cornell to Mansfield:  1hr 21min
  • PSU to Mansfield:  1hr 45min

I was actually thinking Mansfield would be about right in the middle but that is also in the middle of nowhere. Plus they haven’t had a wrestling team in I don’t know how long. I do like the idea of putting it back at Rutgers since that is where it was supposed to be and is fairly close to both.

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I think the people paid to score it can say for sure because you know that’s what they are paid for. They went back 40 seconds instead of 15 to fix a scoring error ,which I get is a violation of the process , which is why I understand the arbitration decision but you and a lot of others are out here acting like this is a franklin Gómez 2016 situation but in reality the refs messed up the scoring and waited 20 seconds to long to fix it there isn’t a deep conspiracy or a Kolat situation 

Well, several people paid to score wrestling scored it differently.

I was actually thinking Mansfield would be about right in the middle but that is also in the middle of nowhere. Plus they haven’t had a wrestling team in I don’t know how long. I do like the idea of putting it back at Rutgers since that is where it was supposed to be and is fairly close to both.

If Flo can use a HS gym in TX for Dake-Dieringer, you could use a HS gym in the middle of PA D4. Zain’s home District. Guarantee a sold out gym.

Perhaps Canton HS?
PSU: 1hr 32min
Cornell: 1hr 45min

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Because he one the most important figures in the sport and because his athlete just had his spot stripped in court , so I’m pretty sure Cael or NLWC will have some input where and when this is gonna be held 

I see you're an incessant whiner, too.

14 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I think the people paid to score it can say for sure because you know that’s what they are paid for. They went back 40 seconds instead of 15 to fix a scoring error ,which I get is a violation of the process , which is why I understand the arbitration decision but you and a lot of others are out here acting like this is a franklin Gómez 2016 situation but in reality the refs messed up the scoring and waited 20 seconds to long to fix it there isn’t a deep conspiracy or a Kolat situation 

It's been a while, can someone refresh my memory on what happened with Gomez a few years back?

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

It's been a while, can someone refresh my memory on what happened with Gomez a few years back?

I was referring to in the Olympic quarters I believe Gómez was in a tight match launched the guy out of bounds at worst should have been 1 Gómez ,some guy comes over to the table overrules a woman who kept holding up 1 blue and they gave the other guy 4 with no explanation and everyone involved has since been fired and fined....that is an example of “giving someone a match” “screwing someone over” not when you disagree with the officials score or when there is review process violation 

12 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I was referring to in the Olympic quarters I believe Gómez was in a tight match launched the guy out of bounds at worst should have been 1 Gómez ,some guy comes over to the table overrules a woman who kept holding up 1 blue and they gave the other guy 4 with no explanation and everyone involved has since been fired and fined....that is an example of “giving someone a match” “screwing someone over” not when you disagree with the officials score or when there is review process violation 

The controversial action starts at approximately 8:22 of the video.  

Edited by Rhackler

28 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Based on the video, the other guy was given 2 points and then one more after the failed challenge by Gomez. It seems pretty clear that they determined it was red's exposure on the chest wrap (which is what the ref originally called). Not sure I agree with it, but not nearly absurd as your description made it sound. Was everyone really fired or fined? There might have been some major procedural errors happening, but seems like the Yianni/Zain match was every bit as much of a cluster#&*@.

23 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Based on the video, the other guy was given 2 points and then one more after the failed challenge by Gomez. It seems pretty clear that they determined it was red's exposure on the chest wrap (which is what the ref originally called). Not sure I agree with it, but not nearly absurd as your description made it sound. Was everyone really fired or fined? There might have been some major procedural errors happening, but seems like the Yianni/Zain match was every bit as much of a cluster#&*@.

People that weren’t on the Panel or involved in the match in any came over and changed the score and overruled the actual officials. There was an investigation people got fired someone was arrested an apology was issued. Gómez did an interview a year or so later and he said he was just in disbelief when it was actually happening. Literally not even close to the current situation 

Gomez was screwed. That was his TD. If you want to say Navrusov exposed his back, I disagree. But even if we accept that he did expose Gomez back, well his got exposed as well at the end of the sequence. I'd rule that 2-0 or 4-2 with Gomez prevailing either way.

Remember the most entertaining sequence in that Olympics? The Mongolian protest? It was also involving UZB. The investigation found something along the lines that certain officials kept being assigned to the mat or review teams for UZB and calls were made in UZB favor.

14 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Remember the most entertaining sequence in that Olympics? The Mongolian protest? It was also involving UZB. The investigation found something along the lines that certain officials kept being assigned to the mat or review teams for UZB and calls were made in UZB favor.

That was also Navruzov.

24 minutes ago, jmachinder said:

I kind of felt this one was the worst.  Reza clearly has two, the video shows it and we see the one ref refusing to accept it.  

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/khetag-goziumov-aze-df-reza-mohammad-ali-yazdani-iri-2-1/

I totally agree, just highway robbery. Look and listen to the U.S. judge, he's disgusted. Not only did Yazdani have the two, but the earlier passivity call should have gone against Goziumov. So at that point in the match, instead of Yazdani being down 2-0, he should have been up 3-0!

19 minutes ago, maligned said:

September 2, 3pm, at Wilkes University, broadcast on FLO.

I suspect Tucci is not involved and I wonder if USA Wrestling is allowing input on who is handling the officiating. I hope not. 

Edited by TBar1977

Sammy Julian doesn't live far away but will they bring the same officials back? I'm not sure who the judge was but two of the officials that do the Olympics were on that bout. And Tucci and stecklein were on the review. Do you keep them out? 

47 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Sammy Julian doesn't live far away but will they bring the same officials back? I'm not sure who the judge was but two of the officials that do the Olympics were on that bout. And Tucci and stecklein were on the review. Do you keep them out? 

Yes, bring in the best which must include rour own LJB.  Although greco is his expertise he says he is very knowledgeable on freestyle too.  Also has no bias.