maligned

Junior Greco has a pulse...4th place after Day 1

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

folk is dull and boring and rewards not wrestling... it's an embarrassment to real wrestling...

Greco rewards holding position, and at the highest levels is more boring then folk. Folk is real wrestling. Wwe is fake wrestling.

4 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Greco rewards holding position, and at the highest levels is more boring then folk. Folk is real wrestling. Wwe is fake wrestling.

if you can not appreciate the technique involved so be it... there is nothing that can be done to help you...

greco is a fight... you can not run... you must be engaged the entire time... 

folk rewards not wrestling...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

if you can not appreciate the technique involved so be it... there is nothing that can be done to help you...

greco is a fight... you can not run... you must be engaged the entire time... 

folk rewards not wrestling...

I appreciate the technique, and know how difficult greco is, but that does not make it more exciting then folkstyle. Folkstyle rewards wrestling, otherwise techs and pins would be worth as much as a decision. But that is not the case.

19 minutes ago, Molsen said:

I appreciate the technique, and know how difficult greco is, but that does not make it more exciting then folkstyle. Folkstyle rewards wrestling, otherwise techs and pins would be worth as much as a decision. But that is not the case.

nope... folk rewards not wrestling and is dull as dull is... sorry to disappoint you...

greco is by far the best of all the styles of wrestling... 

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

nope... folk rewards not wrestling and is dull as dull is... sorry to disappoint you...

greco is by far the best of all the styles of wrestling... 

Just because you dont appreciate the technique involved in keeping someone down who does not want to be there, does not make it dull. And they reward scoring points, so you are blatantly lying.

That is your opinion, and I understand why you likely have that bias toward greco, but a lot of us disagree with you.

Two more nice throws for Omania and he hangs on 6-5 to take bronze for our third medal. Fun guy to watch. Reminds me somehow of Cenzo with his barrel-chested but not super imposing physique, great hips and balance, and super efficient movements and explosiveness. 

17 hours ago, Molsen said:

Just because you dont appreciate the technique involved in keeping someone down who does not want to be there, does not make it dull. And they reward scoring points, so you are blatantly lying.

That is your opinion, and I understand why you likely have that bias toward greco, but a lot of us disagree with you.

Nope... folk rewards not wrestling... it should be illegal...

greco is by far the best of the styles...

18 hours ago, Molsen said:

99% of people disagree with him. Any sensible person would as well.

2 hours ago, maligned said:

Two more nice throws for Omania and he hangs on 6-5 to take bronze for our third medal. Fun guy to watch. Reminds me somehow of Cenzo with his barrel-chested but not super imposing physique, great hips and balance, and super efficient movements and explosiveness. 

Pey has always been an excellent athlete - going back as far as a bantam.

He played football for years (was the Outstanding Player on the freshmen team at De La Salle HS, playing RB and LB) and also played rugby and ice-hockey in junior hs (he hadn't wrestled "year-round" until his sophomore year of HS).

He was DLSs first CA State Champ and one of Mark Halvorson's best (Halvorson is the head coach at DLS and the CYC in Concord - CYC has produced a large number of Greco wrestlers, including National Team member Kenny Cook, Olympian Robby Smith, Niko Triggas, National Team member Luke Sheridan, World Teamer Jon Jay Chavez and many other Fargo National Champs and placers).

3 hours ago, LJB said:

Nope... folk rewards not wrestling... it should be illegal...

greco is by far the best of the styles...

Greco cant be the best style because its literally only half of wrestling. You dont even need to worry about your legs.

11 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Same number of top 10s we had in freestyle 

Ha...a little misleading. If you take away a silver and two bronze from both performances, the other three "top 10s" in free were gold, gold, silver, compared to eighth, tenth, tenth in Greco.

Edited by maligned

You can make an argument about whether folk wrestling is boring or not. That is a matter of personal opinion.

But here is a different argument: imagine how much better US wrestling would do internationally, if they had freestyle wrestling in universities and high schools.

There would be no transition for the US wrestlers required.  I don't know how many times I have read that so and so is really good at folk, but he has not transitioned to freestyle well.

Why spend time and energy on something that does not increase your chances of Olympic medals?

Edited by irani