dmm53

Dake-Dieringer live thread

If Alex doesn't tie up seems he has no offense.  Dake is smart, dont let Alex tie up and avoid.. head movements undertook...move back up 

Im disappointed I really thought some fireworks were going to happen bored.  Maybe next match 

1 minute ago, CaliWrestler said:

If Alex doesn't tie up seems he has no offense.  Dake is smart, dont let Alex tie up and avoid.. head movements undertook...move back up 

Im disappointed I really thought some fireworks were going to happen bored.  Maybe next match 

That seems to be the strategy.  Dake neutralizing Ringer's potential offense and then picking up small points off push outs.  Win by a point but win.

8 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Predictions for adjustments and strategy in second match?

Dieringer comes out much more aggressively, but Dake looks to counter off that with his own (half) shots.

A big flurry and then it simmers down until the second period when Dieringer needs to get desperate.

Thoughts?

Seems reasonable to me, and I won't be surprised if the second match is less tactical.  Dake has a match in his pocket, and Alex has to win it.

Part of the "problem" I think is that both these guys have (a) wrestled each other multiple times and (b) they have had many months to prepare for one matchup.

That tends to make matches low scoring, defensive, and conservative.

It's almost like wrestling your training/practice partner.

For those complaining that Dake stalled... I just don’t get your point. Ringer didn’t do anything either. Dake clearly out wrestled him and scored the only offensive points. Ringer wasn’t even close to scoring. I don’t like when Dake wrestled so tactical but you can’t blame him and he clearly is the better wrestler