RJChicago

Best NCAA Championship Match of All-Time

Hello all,

I'd love to know what you all think the best NCAA championship matches of all-time are?

Obviously, Gable/Owings (I think that was his name Owings or Ownings) is a famous one. 

One of the best I've ever seen was Kyle Snyder beating I can't remember who - in overtime I believe - after his red shirt was pulled late in the season.

IMO the ncaa finals match with the most thrilling/heartbreaking ending was Dan Dennis-Jayson Ness. I’ll never forget that look on Brands face.

I think Dake/Taylor was most anticipated or highest profile finals match of all time, but not necessarily the best.

Imar/Nolf is probably my favorite finals match of the past 5-6 years.

This is great - I just started watching some of the matches I could find video of that people listed here - all the ones I've seen so far are awesome. These epic NCAA finals matches are incredible. Truly great stuff.

5 hours ago, scribe said:

Rohn lambrecht is often cited but that was just a stunner. 

Schultz v Banach 

Schultz vs Banach is it.

All the hype of Banach "going for FOUR" - when he was not yet a 3 time champion. Schultz went up a weight specifically to beat him. Then he did just that - like a rented mule. Lots of action and a match to watch if you want someone to see wrestling with passion and excitement.

Some of my most memorable going back to 1999:

Dake /Taylor because of the names attached to it.  So much anticipation, plus enough action to make it a good match.

Caldwell/Metcalf : There was no way I saw Caldwell beating the crap out of Metcalf  

Ness finish was unbelievable

Coleman pin just electrified the crowd

Rohn/Lambrecht - (biggest turn of events, plus I was sitting in OU section a few rows above Lambrecht's dad.

UC Davis kid who just kept getting the tilts.

48 minutes ago, dsims1010 said:

Some of my most memorable going back to 1999:

Dake /Taylor because of the names attached to it.  So much anticipation, plus enough action to make it a good match.

Caldwell/Metcalf : There was no way I saw Caldwell beating the crap out of Metcalf  

Ness finish was unbelievable

Coleman pin just electrified the crowd

Rohn/Lambrecht - (biggest turn of events, plus I was sitting in OU section a few rows above Lambrecht's dad.

UC Davis kid who just kept getting the tilts.

You hit some good ones 

of course Caldwell Metcalf 

Ness finish WAS epic! 

Derek Moore UC Davis tech fall over Lang was stunning