RJChicago

Best NCAA Championship Match of All-Time

Another vote for Lincoln Mac vs Gerry Abas. I was rooting for Abas and was supremely confident but Mac kept coming. It was incredible to watch for the first time. 

I agree Caldwell over Metcalf was a good one, but Caldwell took it to Metcalf right from the whistle so the outcome wasn’t a surprise, though the result obviously was. Mac dismantling Abas was a total shocker I never saw coming until the bitter end. 

I've been watching the matches referenced on this forum, every one that I've seen that has been mentioned has been incredible. NCAA wrestling is an incredible sport.

I can't find the Ness / Dennis match on Youtube. I'm really really bad with computers (even just searching) so I very well may be missing it. Does anyone know if the full match is posted on Youtube or somewhere else?

5 hours ago, RJChicago said:

I've been watching the matches referenced on this forum, every one that I've seen that has been mentioned has been incredible. NCAA wrestling is an incredible sport.

I can't find the Ness / Dennis match on Youtube. I'm really really bad with computers (even just searching) so I very well may be missing it. Does anyone know if the full match is posted on Youtube or somewhere else?

Highlights here:

https://www.ncaa.com/video/wrestling/2012-02-27/wrestling-ness-minnesota

8 hours ago, Konquest said:

Joe Williams (Iowa) 9-8 over Ernest Benion (Illinois) in a match of defending NCAA champs from the Chicago area.

Great match but it was Joe’s 1st title.