Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Stanford's updated team roster for 2019-2020 season

32 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Just like every lineup including Stanford's.

It's 100% true that you think Shields will be the favorite....I would agree that you 100% believe that....but you would be in the minority.... BTW nobody took your comments out of context and if you choose to push the "ignore" button on everyone on here because they disagree with you, well then it's 100% true that I think that is weak.

Spent more time than I should have trying to figure out in what way he thought his comments were taken out of context, considering we all responded directly to the comment. Somebody got their feelings hurt when nobody agreed with them.

On 8/20/2019 at 6:38 AM, Bronco said:

It will be interesting to see who ends up being Stanford's starter at 133 lbs this season.  Personally I think it will end up being either Dalton Young or Brandon Kier .

This is how I see Stanford's lineup for 2019-2020 (just my opinion as of this moment in time):

125 lbs - Gabe Townsell - 4th year Senior - 3 time NCAA qualifier

133 lbs - Dalton Young - RS Sophomore OR Brandon Kier - 4th year Senior

141 lbs - Real Woods - RS Freshman - 22-1 last season at 141 lbs while being redshirted

149 lbs - Require van der Merwe - RS Junior - 2019 PAC 12 champ at 149 lbs - 2019 NCAA qualifier

157 lbs - Dominick Mandarino - True Junior OR Tyler Eischens - RS Freshman

165 lbs - Shane Griffith - RS Freshman - 25-2 last season at 165 lbs while being redshirted

174 lbs - Jared Hill - RS Junior - Placed third at 165 pounds at the 2019 Pac-12 Championships OR Foster Karmon - RS Sophomore

184 lbs - Judah Duhm - True Junior - 2019 Runner-up at 184 pounds at the Pac-12 Championships

197 lbs - Nathan Traxler - RS Junior - 2019 PAC 12 champ at 197 lbs - 2 time NCAA qualifier (Round of 12 in 2019)

285 lbs - Hadyn Maley - RS Sophomore - 2019 Runner-up at the Pac-12 Championships - 2019 NCAA qualifier

I think this lineup for Stanford for 2019-2020 would be VERY competitive with Arizona State's lineup and a few months ago I thought ASU would have to be favored to win the PAC 12 in 2020.    Now I think this lineup for Stanford would beat ASU and allow Stanford to repeat as PAC 12 champs.

Where and when does Abas slot in?

On 8/22/2019 at 11:01 PM, DrStrange said:

shields had a great NCAA, Hidlay is still head and shoulders better. I don't think Hidlay makes weight at 57 this year though.

Any inside info on Hidlay? It would be pretty crazy for him to leave the weight he's favored at to enter the meat grinder at 165. He wrestled at 154 this summer, so I'd be pretty surprised.