Ragu

Wrestlers who have the most to prove

He's gunning to make the Olympic Team as stated in his Flow interview. The kid walks around at 180 pounds. I doubt he will be going 157's only to move up to 163 pounds for the Olympic Trials.

19 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

if you are gonna say stupid stuff like that you shouldn't open the topic about who has something to prove.

As opposed to this deep thinking gem?

On 8/19/2019 at 11:20 PM, hammerlockthree said:

as a bald guy who hasn't had an acl in two years who got the worst draw as a 1 seed in history. 

Consider learning the difference between Your and You're before you call people stupid.  

Also I believe the intention was to point out how can you get a bad draw as the #1 Seed - you are supposed to be the big dog no one wants. 

You're (see how I did that?) on an 0-for.  Less late night drinking and posting perhaps? 

48 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

how can you get a bad draw as the #1 Seed

Great mindset to have as a wrestler.... objectively stupid in reality. Why seed at all if there is any truth to that?

10 hours ago, fanta said:

He's gunning to make the Olympic Team as stated in his Flow interview. The kid walks around at 180 pounds. I doubt he will be going 157's only to move up to 163 pounds for the Olympic Trials.

Makes total sense. 

5 hours ago, TFBJR said:

As opposed to this deep thinking gem?

Consider learning the difference between Your and You're before you call people stupid.  

Also I believe the intention was to point out how can you get a bad draw as the #1 Seed - you are supposed to be the big dog no one wants. 

You're (see how I did that?) on an 0-for.  Less late night drinking and posting perhaps? 

Sorry dude the post was stupid and if your just on here to throw out tough guy cliches and correct grammar you aren't adding much to the discussion.

Edited by hammerlockthree

I would say out of anybody, Anthony Valencia has the most to prove.  Hopefully he's back at 100% from surgery.  At the same weight, Anthony Mantanona isn't going to do anything.  He's still having nightmares of Zahid toying with him twice in the Duals last year.

20 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Sorry dude the post was stupid and if your just on here to throw out tough guy cliches and correct grammar you aren't adding much to the discussion.

Again - You're.  And the tough guy cliche was not mine, it was from a post that you misinterpreted. 

Making excuses because a 1 seed had to wrestle good guys?  Or that he is bald?  That shows deep cognitive faculties.    

You continue to be winless in a battle of wits.  Not surprised in that you appear to be unarmed.

5 hours ago, russelscout said:

Great mindset to have as a wrestler.... objectively stupid in reality. Why seed at all if there is any truth to that?

Get the best two wrestlers on the opposite side of the bracket is all I ask. I could care less if they are the one and two seed. If it's a wide open weight class it really doesn't matter where you put them (see freestyle.) His draw wouldn't seem as bad had he won like he was "supposed" to.

41 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Get the best two wrestlers on the opposite side of the bracket is all I ask. I could care less if they are the one and two seed. If it's a wide open weight class it really doesn't matter where you put them (see freestyle.) His draw wouldn't seem as bad had he won like he was "supposed" to.

Idk... that first round match was always going to look rough.

41 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

If Deakin moves to 165, then it's Hidlay as the preseason favorite by far, correct? 

I wonder how David Carr would do in that match?  

Easily the favorite, still the heavy favorite even if Deakin stays. Deakin could reach the finals at 157 but at 165 he could DNP and not surprise me

I also think we have enough data to say that Deakin is a much better freestyle wrestler than folkstyle.  The results kind of speak for themselves, but it is a bit weird because it's not like Deakin is terrible on bottom or loses matches on the mat .

8 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I also think we have enough data to say that Deakin is a much better freestyle wrestler than folkstyle.  The results kind of speak for themselves, but it is a bit weird because it's not like Deakin is terrible on bottom or loses matches on the mat .

It makes sense if he is excellent at controlling the mat. That can be overlooked in a folk match, is way more valuable in free, and the fact that Deakin is physically a beast makes it add up.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:30 AM, unbiased said:

I agree but I have a problem with the following: so is really the second best guy so should be seeded there even though his record was five and five and he missed weight for the last month but we know he's the second best wrestler because we just think that. You're the second best wrestler because your body of work has earned that. Not last years or two years ago but this years. If you haven't made weight in 3 months then there's a pretty good chance you're not going to wrestle up to your abilities and are not deserving of a high seed unless your record indicates it. I'm not saying you're advocating that I'm just giving an opinion. For example, if Alex Marinelli doesn't wrestle at 165 all year and has a record of say 8 + 5 and barely qualifies for the ncaa's, he does not deserve to be seeded number one or number two or even number three.