Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Looking back, was Nolf really that great?

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Just answer the questions Lurker... I thought this was fun for you, ya ole bully you!

What questions?  The one you were begging for you cut out, as I explained that was incredibly disrespectful.  I think I've answered everything else.

and going....and going.....and going....

9 minutes ago, russelscout said:

And you still see it as just a little controversy although it was, by your own admission, one of the biggest stories of the NCAAs? If that is not enough to reach that status beyond a "little controversy", what would it take?

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What questions?

Those questions I just reposted. 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

and going....and going.....and goin

This is a two person convo Lurker. If the length of the convo is disturbing you, I am not making you take part.... but yes, just above this post is my questions.

8 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Those questions I just reposted. 

This is a two person convo Lurker. If the length of the convo is disturbing you, I am not making you take part.... but yes, just above this post is my questions.

Oh I thought it was one of those rhetorical questions. What would it take?  Well I can't really analyze what it would take to get my opinion of something up to the level you really want it to be.  So I guess I don't really have an answer to that question.

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Oh I thought it was one of those rhetorical questions. What would it take?  Well I can't really analyze what it would take to get my opinion of something up to the level you really want it to be.  So I guess I don't really have an answer to that question.

Hmm.. ok nvmd then

Here's a question.....knowing what you know about Nolf now.......would you turn him down on your team??????

I don't know much about wrestling but have watched enough of his matches and seen his records......pretty great in my simple mind!!!!

35 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

Here's a question.....knowing what you know about Nolf now.......would you turn him down on your team??????

I don't know much about wrestling but have watched enough of his matches and seen his records......pretty great in my simple mind!!!!

Would I have a shot at a Dake over him? 

40 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

I don’t think anyone would have turned him down five years ago. That said, I don’t think he flourishes the way he did anywhere else in the country. His style and CS were match made in heaven. 

Just now, Lurker said:

I don’t think anyone would have turned him down five years ago. That said, I don’t think he flourishes the way he did anywhere else in the country. His style and CS were match made in heaven. 

And he still turned out pretty great!!! :)

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Probably only a handful of coaches would get that call his way in the semis too.

Edited by russelscout

I already posted how awesome Nolf is.  I just saw a post from Flo showing Nolf Vs Hall at Jr WTT several years ago.  Hall really handled him.  Was Nolf in college and Hall in HS at that time?

34 minutes ago, nom said:

I already posted how awesome Nolf is.  I just saw a post from Flo showing Nolf Vs Hall at Jr WTT several years ago.  Hall really handled him.  Was Nolf in college and Hall in HS at that time?

Pretty sure Hall was incoming freshman. Hall was at his natural weight while Nolf was up several lbs. Also, Nolf had very limited freestyle experience.

But Hall did handle him. Not sure what that suggests. Biggest factor was probably Hall's freestyle experience relative to Nolf.

Nolf looked solid against Imar in the Team Trials despite being greatly undersized. I think he'll be a threat at 74kg for the 2020 Olympic team as he gets big for that weight and improves his Freestyle techniques. Imar, Pantaleo, and Hidley are all super special athletes and Nolf beat them all.

3 hours ago, skikayaker said:

Nolf looked solid against Imar in the Team Trials despite being greatly undersized. I think he'll be a threat at 74kg for the 2020 Olympic team as he gets big for that weight and improves his Freestyle techniques. Imar, Pantaleo, and Hidley are all super special athletes and Nolf beat them all.

Nolf is also an athlete. 

In my opinion Burroughs making the olympic team depends on him medaling this year. I don't think he'll make it through that bracket if he isn't sitting in the finals.

16 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Nolf is also an athlete. 

In my opinion Burroughs making the olympic team depends on him medaling this year. I don't think he'll make it through that bracket if he isn't sitting in the finals.

I actually think that 74kg will be Dake's weight. He's not struggling to make 79kg, and at 74kg I can't imagine anyone getting past Dake.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:28 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Does anyone else feel like his legacy was tarnished a bit by the fact he probably should have finished with 2 titles and not 3? 

No.

Hope this helps.   

Nolf is good, but Kemp was better.  

Edited by stp