Sign in to follow this  
nom

Examples of clearly ridiculous calls

Just now, LJB said:

FFS... please do...

you are mistaken on what i was referencing... i explained it further for you...

"on the mat" by freestyle fan was what i was commenting on... "on the mat" in free would be par terre... quad pod position is not par terre... 

36 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

First, I don't think I was the only one to assume you meant in bounds by on the mat. 

This comment was to state that you (and the previous poster) was unclear in what you meant since I wasn't the only respondent to think so but to also acknowledge that I realized at this point that you did mean par terre. 

Also, quad pod can be par terre given that Yaz could be considered as dominant even prior to any takedown criteria.
PAR TERRE: refers to mat wrestling where the wrestlers are in no advantage position and the defensive wrestler is on his or her knees (think of a front headlock) or where one wrestler is in the dominant position on top.

Won't get into the two or not two but if I remember right this is the match where Errett was extremely frustrated with the other review member.....then wasn't there a match later where he or another russian literally took paddle out of Errett's hand to give a different score?

32 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

it was obviously two when the knee touched, which gets called internationally every time. then it was 2 when Goyzumov's butt touched, then Yazdani exposed Goyzumov with a suck back. 

Then the Russian ref who refused to look at the replay that clearly showed the two point takedown during the knee touch got expelled from the tournament.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1040862/three-referees-suspended-after-suspicious-officiating-in-quarter-final-as-final-rio-2016-wrestling-golds-decided

imo the Yaz v Goyzumov match was the biggest hose job of the tournament, by a large margin. 

Did Flo take down its articles about the refereeing assignments for the 2016 Olympics?  Only dead links now (though there is a cached version of one of the articles).  

They had some good info in them although also some potentially libelous allegations made toward Silvestri.  The same guy who apparently just made Yianni's case for him at the arbitration.

16 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I didn't intend to start another one of these.  I meant to say that Yazdani never has anything but feet touching the mat.  Doesn't he have to be on the mat for a takedown?

I get that. As I said a few of us thought you and ljb meant in bounds. That's over. You guys didn't mean that. But Yaz wouldn't need to be touching the mat since he could be on top with goz supporting him. 

31 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I didn't intend to start another one of these.  I meant to say that Yazdani never has anything but feet touching the mat.  Doesn't he have to be on the mat for a takedown?

all the offensive wrestlers has to do is be completely behind the hips...

now that definition has also been a point of contention as well... see fix gillman this year...

40 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Also, quad pod can be par terre given that Yaz could be considered as dominant even prior to any takedown criteria.
PAR TERRE: refers to mat wrestling where the wrestlers are in no advantage position and the defensive wrestler is on his or her knees (think of a front headlock) or where one wrestler is in the dominant position on top.

for the UWW rulebook-

If the attacked wrestler has at least one knee on the mat, his position will be assumed to be a “parterre” wrestling position. The position of the attacking wrestler is not be relevant when evaluating a hold.

quap pod isn't par terre... 

4 hours ago, LJB said:

for the UWW rulebook-

If the attacked wrestler has at least one knee on the mat, his position will be assumed to be a “parterre” wrestling position. The position of the attacking wrestler is not be relevant when evaluating a hold.

quap pod isn't par terre... 

That says that position (one knee down) WILL be considered par terre not that others (as I quoted) wouldn't be.

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

That says that position (one knee down) WILL be considered par terre not that others (as I quoted) wouldn't be.

quad pod is not par terre...

once that knee or head touches is when it becomes par terre... until then, not even a little bit...

2 hours ago, jmachinder said:

This was the most talked about match at 2015 FS seniors.  

Definitely a terrible call.   I saw it either 2-0 Novachkov or at best 2-2 (if you believe they didn't go out of bounds after the initial exposure).   Romanov initiated move.....Novachkov countered/changed direction and exposed.  

Terrible. 

I just rewatched both of his "wins" against Gomez and Gonzorig. It's sickening to watch it again. The amusement of the protest really takes away from the absurdity of the calls. I wonder how much they paid for a Bronze.